Sponsored

TAKE MY WINDSHIELD POLL!

Have you had to replace your windshield?

• Total voters

Nym1178

Outer Banks
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I installed the Aeroskin II deflector and the same day windshield was hit with a stone while on the highway and cracked at the top and has spread almost all the way down... Right in front of drivers view too. Dealer ordered new glass 2 weeks ago... Still waiting.
Yeah the Aeroskin 2 didn’t do anything for me either.
Sponsored

glendola

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
RANT: I got a chip on my windshield about two months ago. It immediately spread across the entire windshield. Due to backorder, it took 4 weeks to get replaced. I own a Wrangler, so I patiently understand the vertical windshield problem.

I've been driving with my brand-new windshield for 3 weeks. Yesterday: Another chip, and hours later it had spread across the entire windshield. This morning: ANOTHER CHIP.

I avoid semis, don't tailgate, and leave massive gaps between myself and other cars because I didn't want another chip. Now I have two in 24 hours and am going on my second windshield in 7 weeks.

At some point, this has to be a glass problem and not a vertical windshield problem, no?

TAKE MY POLL. Ha ha. Thanks for listening.

do the replacement windshields have the Bronco logo etched in?

Holiday

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How much is your full PPF going to cost, if you don't mind me asking? Wondering how the price compares to Michigan. I've received quotes from $5500 to $8000.
$3k for the windshield, full PPF (LLumar Valor), and to have the driver/ passenger windows tinted. It’s a newer shop, but I have good reviews from others who have used him (including a Bronco owner).

usarms

Big Bend
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What's the point of complaining? It's a flat, almost vertical piece of glass on a square block of a vehicle. Should of thought of that before you bought it. Every vehicle I have owned had stone chips of some sort and at least 2 had to have the windshield replaced.

Last edited:

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lost the first one from a rock off of a big rig on I-80 (Oct 2021). Second one was a rock chip in Colorado that cracked due to temperature changes (Dec 2021). I put EXO Shield on the 3rd one (Feb 2022) and have had no issues. Have been to Sand Hollow and Moab in that timeframe.

Sponsored

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bought a cheep chip repair kit before mine arrived knowing eventually I have to use it, sure enough after about 15 hwy trips my kit was needed. Now I have invested in a Clearshield bridge and I expect to put it to good use.

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got a chip the day I drove it home from the dealership! Detroit to Minnesota. Chipped it in Chicago construction zone!

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry, I too have to rant here. I have not gotten my Bronco yet, It’s parked on Chip Mountain.

I live in Houston. Concrete streets, so somewhat bumpy unlike asphalt. Lots of construction vehicles that shed gravel and dirt on the bumpy streets. The City and County has cut back drastically on street cleaning. Like none.

I’ve replaced a lot of windshields. More than anywhere ever in my life. One only lasted a week, completely shattered. Must be a good business to be in here.

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At some point, this has to be a glass problem and not a vertical windshield problem, no?
In Alberta Canada, they use pea gravel soaked in brine on the roads in the winter. As a result, we all can expect to have cracked windshields. First thing to do is if you get a chip, immediately have it repaired. There are places that will do it for less than $50. If the windshield gets wet and water gets into the micro cracks around the chip it will soon grow across the windshield.

There is a product available for about $500 that is like the 3M clear bra for the front of cars that is applied to the windshield. You would have to check if it is legal but I believe this option works.

https://www.getexoshield.com/persona/adventurers

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I put the aeroskin II deflector on the day i brought my Bronco home.
I don't know if that's helped or not, but no chips so far.
There is a small 'chunk' that something took out of the deflector, so it at least saved me a hood ding.
(I'm sure today is the day I get a broken windshield...)
Should have been an option for those of use that Aeroskin 2d immediately.
( no chips;4 months )

Sponsored

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

9k miles on mine and no chips, honestly can't even remember a rock hitting my window.....Off to knock on the largest piece of wood I can find.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Had to change my vote, just got a rock chip yesterday, went out this morning and it ran in four different directions. Got an appt to have it changed a week from tomorrow. $500 for the deductible for some reason, it has always been $250 with my other cars.

OP
OP
broncoGIRL21

broncoGIRL21

Big Bend
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Had to change my vote, just got a rock chip yesterday, went out this morning and it ran in four different directions. Got an appt to have it changed a week from tomorrow. $500 for the deductible for some reason, it has always been $250 with my other cars.
I'm so sorry, I jinxed you! I have added the special windshield coverage on my insurance, so it now costs me nothing to get it fixed. Jokes on the insurance company because if I have to get a new windshield every month, they are definitely going to end up losing money with me as a carrier. LOL.

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition