Sponsored

Well...that didn't take long (cracked windshield)

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I made it nearly six months before a rock bounced off of the windshield from a truck going the other way on a highway in the hills. I was able to get it replaced in less than a week with an identical Ford windshield. No further dings coming up on two years of ownership.

RCJJwOm.jpg
Sponsored

The Beaz

First Edition
First Name
Shad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Maverick crowd has same issues and it’s not that steep of an angle. It’s the glass in my opinion. Sure angle doesn’t help.
Confirmed.....while at Off-Roadeo in september, one of the guides mentioned that the early ('21-mid '23) windshields were excessively thin (based on his conversation with a Ford engineer) and suffering chips/cracks at an abnormal rate, and that sometime in '23 builds a thicker windshield has been spec'd. My '21 windshield has been replaced twice now, my '23 took a thumb-tip size rock that didn't leave a mark. Hopefully, they've stayed with the thicker glass rather than try and save costs......

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Debbie Downer....lol. Mine is late August 23 build and i had hope, until i read your comment. Haha.
And for clarity...this was a rock about the size of a pea. Very reminiscent of the Wrangler windshield strength...which is to say...not strong at all.

Sponsored

CrazyPete

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Denali 2500HD Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

And for clarity...this was a rock about the size of a pea. Very reminiscent of the Wrangler windshield strength...which is to say...not strong at all.
Senior Debbie Downer!

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am on my 3rd windshield after almost 2 years. Lost bothe OEM windshields this past summer within 2 months of each other. As an experiment to glass quality, My latest replacement is an aftermarket windshield made from a large national auto glass mfg through a Safelite authorized glass shop. My 2 OEM windshields suffered long cracks with no visible impact marks. I’ll see how long this one lasts as an unofficial test of structural quality. A slight variance of cost $898 vs $838 (no deductible) between the 2 different pieces of glass exists. Of that cost, $250 was for required recalibration.

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am on my 3rd windshield after almost 2 years. Lost bothe OEM windshields this past summer within 2 months of each other. As an experiment to glass quality, My latest replacement is an aftermarket windshield made from a large national auto glass mfg through a Safelite authorized glass shop. My 2 OEM windshields suffered long cracks with no visible impact marks. I’ll see how long this one lasts as an unofficial test of structural quality. A slight variance of cost $898 vs $838 (no deductible) between the 2 different pieces of glass exists. Of that cost, $250 was for required recalibration.
I have read in a few places that Ford cheapened the Bronco windshield by reducing the thickness of the glass. If true, it makes me curious if 3rd party (aftermarket) glass makers have maintained the proper thickness.

The Beaz

First Edition
First Name
Shad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have read in a few places that Ford cheapened the Bronco windshield by reducing the thickness of the glass. If true, it makes me curious if 3rd party (aftermarket) glass makers have maintained the proper thickness.
Yes, that is what I had heard as well, from a ford engineer to the person that told me. Supposedly changed for/in the '23, for what its worth.....

Bob

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve gotten three stars over 17,000 miles, but no cracks (hope I didn’t just jinx myself). No deflector. When it cracks, I’ll do the windshield adhesion recall and get a new windshield.
I just got my windshield replaced due to the adhesion recall. 22,000 miles no issues. Two days after recall, I get a rock chip which is cracking across windshield. New windshield scheduled for $769 using non factory glass. BTW, the recall does not get you a new windshield, just removal, new glue, etc., and reuse original windshield.

Sponsored

NativeSoCal

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch 2D Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just got my windshield replaced due to the adhesion recall. 22,000 miles no issues. Two days after recall, I get a rock chip which is cracking across windshield. New windshield scheduled for $769 using non factory glass. BTW, the recall does not get you a new windshield, just removal, new glue, etc., and reuse original windshield.
Yes, I was aware that I would have to pay for a new windshield—unless they break it during removal. I should have worded my post differently. Do you know how much more the factory windshield would have cost?

Bob

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, I was aware that I would have to pay for a new windshield—unless they break it during removal. I should have worded my post differently. Do you know how much more the factory windshield would have cost?
I was quoted about $350 additional. However, one installer said the factory glass was on back order.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was quoted about $350 additional. However, one installer said the factory glass was on back order.
My experience as well. Factory windshield is cool, but not $350 worth of cool...

Gravesgrg

Wildtrak
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OK. I get it. If a rock hits the windshield and it cracks, that’s not a warranty issue. But as you can see from the pics there are no witness marks of an impact so I took it to the dealer to see WTF is up. He took his pen and ran it along the crack and said if the pen stopped then there was an impact that caused the damage. And he found resistance and said it was from an impact

Well, glass also will have microfractures when it splits

So I am to believe that something so small as to not leave even a ring of impact, can cause my windshield to break? Are they making these windshields out of fragileium?

IMG_0246.jpeg

IMG_0245.jpeg
Sponsored