Sponsored

Well...that didn't take long (cracked windshield)

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Less than 2 months...which is less than my Wrangler.

I was on a mission to see how many cracks I could get on it before changing. Now that the Bronco has one..same game rules apply.

The angle of the windshield on both pretty much sucks and guarantees that any rock hitting it will be an instant crack.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Thr33Thr33

Black Diamond
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This happened to me the first week I had my Bronco. Immediately called my insurance people and changed my deductible to zero because I know for sure its going to happen again.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had 3 rocks that sounded like a gunshot bounce off mine and luckily no damage yet. The last one on Saturday left what I thought was a star but it was just debris from the impact as it wiped right off. I try to stay back from the vehicle in front if it even hints that the tires can sling a rock but if you leave enough space some other driver is always going to slot right into the opening and put you at risk again.

Rick66

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150(sold), S197 GT C/S (sold) 22 2DR BB EG SAS V6
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
About 3500 miles when I got my first (and only, so far. There likely will be more). As my friend so eloquently said, when you have the aerodynamics of a two story colonial, they don't just glance off the glass.
Ford Bronco Well...that didn't take long (cracked windshield) 20230728_120531

scotman623

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy LT Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine had 78 miles on it when I got the first crack, 8 months later and I still haven’t changed it… I figured I off road it hard 3-4 X per month and it will only happen again, have to get it fixed before April 1 so it passes inspection in my state.

Sponsored

Ozbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 4 door, 2.7 litre, cactus grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmm. 20k miles so far on mine, including a 5k road trip. One small star below the rh wiper that has not spread. Do you have a deflector on the hood leading edge? I do.

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hmm. 20k miles so far on mine, including a 5k road trip. One small star below the rh wiper that has not spread. Do you have a deflector on the hood leading edge? I do.
Yep; did not help. I stay WAY back from vehicles in front (learned from my Wrangler), but there is nothing that you can do about vehicles passing you that sling a rock which is what happened to me. It hit below the windshield wiper (and did not see it) and tonight when I had to run the defroster...bam (so in your case with a star if you live in a cold climate and have to run the defroster...be wary).

Just a consequence of the windshield angle and not much you can do about it. I had an awesome silhouette of Pike's Peak and the surrounding mountains on my Wrangler windshield.

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Brand new, came off the delivery truck with a ding the size of a quarter, but only spidered a quarter inch. Took 6 weeks to get windshield replaced, managed to save and reuse green MAP union sticker.

Sponsored

NativeSoCal

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch 2D Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve gotten three stars over 17,000 miles, but no cracks (hope I didn’t just jinx myself). No deflector. When it cracks, I’ll do the windshield adhesion recall and get a new windshield.

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ve gotten three stars over 17,000 miles, but no cracks (hope I didn’t just jinx myself). No deflector. When it cracks, I’ll do the windshield adhesion recall and get a new windshield.
Windshield adhesion recall?

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a deflector, exoshield, and insurance! A year and a half, 18k miles... Lots of pockmarks but no cracks.

Lil Mul

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2DR Badlands SAS / 2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
only took 6 weeks from new here ... under the wiper blade as well.

CrazyPete

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Denali 2500HD Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I try to stay back from the vehicle in front if it even hints that the tires can sling a rock but if you leave enough space some other driver is always going to slot right into the opening and put you at risk again.
Yeah, i do the same and the same thing happens on a 4 lane highway...but i still do it. I always try to mitigate the risk, i guess. The shitty thing is that I've been hit with rocks from car in a different lane, not even following them.
Sponsored