First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That does exist. Stek is one of the companies that makes film like that. I believe it runs about $500 installed from what I have seen from others.
I was told it tears apart wiper blades. For what that’s worth.
Sponsored

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Congrats! You now have an authentic Alaskan windshield!

But seriously. If you can catch the chip/impact in time before the crack runs, like immediately after it happens, you can prevent it. Use the 3M windshield repair kit, but until you get home to apply the kit, avoid the defroster propagating temperature changes blowing on the windshield, and hard bumps flexing the windshield.
I figure one chip for every 1k. That is my average but like you....I roll with a windshield repair kit.....I pull over and spend 30 minutes fixing it before it gets worse.

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My TJ throws rock on its own front window. Just as someone else said, ‘verticle windshields are just that way. Keeps, FJ s, Scouts, Broncos, all in same boat.
I m already prepared for it when my Bronco gets here; won t like it but not much you can do except don’t tailgate others 👍

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I got a chip a couple weeks ago. Temp was pretty normal and I was able to get it fixed before it spread. My first bronco I got picked off by a rock in the lower part of the windshield in the black... Never saw it till I cranked the heat one morning and it spread up and across the whole windshield... But I traded it in a few days later on my new one. Lol
So yeah if you can get the chips fixed before they spread it's not horrible. Our insurance up here covers all stone chips. Have to pay a deductible on whole replacement tho. The windshield is 1200 up here.

Bronc OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was told it tears apart wiper blades. For what that’s worth.
I almost had stek dynoflex installed on my windshield ($450) this weekend while getting PPF installed. Unsure about ruining wiper blades, but from what i've read if you use your wipers, you will likely end up with wiper marks in it within a year or two. I'm rolling the dice now, but passed on another maintenance item that i'd have to wax, silicone blades and then replace in a year or two.

Sponsored

Weck

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC 2500, Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I got my Bronco last Tuesday. I had to take a road trip for work yesterday. I wasn't on the interstate more than an hour when a rock bounced off my windshield leaving a small chip. On my way back from the meeting another rock bounced off my windshield, but this one left an 8" crack! I've got a claim in with Safelite, but have been told glass is on back order. I waited 493 days to get the Bronco, wonder how long it will be to get a new windshield? Has this happened to anyone else or just my bad luck? Not sure that I'll ever take it back on an interstate now...
I had mine on I25 in Colorado during a snow storm. 150 miles of road sand pelting the window resulted in thousands of pits and two cracks. This is from sand. The window is not dirty. Those are sand pits.

D956F918-9C5D-4A4A-A426-2A8E8BD45ABA.jpeg

DD5E3EEE-45B9-4E56-9CA6-A7360249C595.jpeg

Weck

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC 2500, Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As a former Wrangler owner, I am familiar with cracked windshields. But I was very disappointed to see a crack appear after less than a month of driving the Bronco. Normally, I know when the cracked happens from the loud thud. Never heard the rock hit the windshield on this one. I noticed the crack on the way home from work. I am not optimistic about Safelite finding a OEM replacement anytime soon.

Anyone have an OEM windshield replacement recently?
Got one on order from my dealership. Cracked my window in three places driving in a snow storm and sanded road.

Rdavis

Big Bend
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I got my Bronco last Tuesday. I had to take a road trip for work yesterday. I wasn't on the interstate more than an hour when a rock bounced off my windshield leaving a small chip. On my way back from the meeting another rock bounced off my windshield, but this one left an 8" crack! I've got a claim in with Safelite, but have been told glass is on back order. I waited 493 days to get the Bronco, wonder how long it will be to get a new windshield? Has this happened to anyone else or just my bad luck? Not sure that I'll ever take it back on an interstate now...
im on my third windshield. im sick of this.

jcgcbns22

Outer Banks
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

May not be a silver bullet solution, but the hood deflector has seen positive feedback from some B6G members on reducing bugs and rocks hitting the windshield. I have one sitting in my garage, just waiting for my Bronco to arrive. Looks like it'll compliment the fender flares nicely too.
Deflector seems to help. Thankfully not hideous either.
Ford Bronco Cracked Windshield 04E5EFFE-7D0A-4DBA-8AAC-8243ADE05B7E

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AAA in Cali is expensive for that.
Sorry. I was suggesting that was to my insurance policy, had nothing to do with AAA. Are you saying your insured through AAA?

CHALK911

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ram 2500, 74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sorry. I was suggesting that was to my insurance policy, had nothing to do with AAA. Are you saying your insured through AAA?
No worries. I am insured through AAA and the glass coverage is expensive. I don't remember how much it was, But even with he price of the windshield, I decided against it. I am happy your is cheap. Who is your policy through?

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
As soon as you get a rock chip you should call a glass company. Many of them can take a look and possibly drill the chip to release the stress and prevent a larger crack.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No worries. I am insured through AAA and the glass coverage is expensive. I don't remember how much it was, But even with he price of the windshield, I decided against it. I am happy your is cheap. Who is your policy through?
Company called Westfield Insurance.
Sponsored