First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I live in Michigan as well and had to replace my 3 month old windshield a couple weeks ago. It cost me almost $800 for Safelite to replace it with an aftermarket windshield, would have came to $1100 with an OEM one.

It was $400 for the aftermarket glass, and then another $400 for them to recalibrate the emergency braking sensor mounted on the windshield. And mine is a basic one without the lane keep assist and others features.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TroutHunter

TroutHunter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 550
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see that for my insurance, windshields are covered under "Comprehensive." As such, I just changed all of our cars to a lower deductible on that portion. Live and learn - thanks for the advice. I can't stomach paying so much when the windshield cracks. The increase was really nothing when compared to the likelihood of so much out of pocket.

Bradnewt

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Bronco came off the truck with a cracked windshield. I have been waiting for over a month for the replacement. In over 2500 miles of driving, I haven't had any other damage. I do have a deflector on my hood and it seems to help.

same2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the amount of gravel on the roads in my area, it was just going to be a matter of time until I would have to replace one so I opted to have an Exoshield installed shortly after I picked mine up. It came to about half the cost of a new windshield including the extra warranty that will replace the windshield (including calibration) and a new exoshield if something does manage to get through and chip/crack the glass.

Rhino67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, pathfinder, altima (miss my F150)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I live in Michigan as well and had to replace my 3 month old windshield a couple weeks ago. It cost me almost $800 for Safelite to replace it with an aftermarket windshield, would have came to $1100 with an OEM one.

It was $400 for the aftermarket glass, and then another $400 for them to recalibrate the emergency braking sensor mounted on the windshield. And mine is a basic one without the lane keep assist and others features.
I live in Ohio. Mine cracked thanks to a gravel truck. My insurance covered it no deductible and safelight got me OEM glass in a couple days. Happened one week ago. The weird thing is, they quoted me 850 for OEM if I did have to pay for it.

Sponsored

Aut-Lin

Black Diamond
First Name
Aut-Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I didn't really know that was an option with insurance plans. What kind of premium increase should I expect (roughly) for that addition?
I can't really recall how much my comprehensive coverage adds to my normal insurance, the deductible reimbursement coverage I have though is an extra $67/month on top of my normal insurance. It's actually for total loss coverage and the windshield deductible reimbursement is an extra that comes with it.

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wrangler windshields suffer the same fate. Here in MN, comprehensive coverage has to include free glass replacement by law.

Last edited:

wyobronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Black Diamond 2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Whoa, is that a thing? The local glass shop said that the new fords require zero work unless you are an idiot. Said as long as its replaced properly there is nothing for them to do. They did mention that some shops charge for snake oil though. Would really like the know the *true* answer to this.

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Whoa, is that a thing? The local glass shop said that the new fords require zero work unless you are an idiot. Said as long as its replaced properly there is nothing for them to do. They did mention that some shops charge for snake oil though. Would really like the know the *true* answer to this.
The tech seemed to have a struggle with the calibration part, they had to stay past closing to finish it.

They take the recalibration really serious there, they even emailed me a "offical certificate" of safety system calibration.

Nng23b

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My Bronco came off the truck with a cracked windshield. I have been waiting for over a month for the replacement. In over 2500 miles of driving, I haven't had any other damage. I do have a deflector on my hood and it seems to help.
what reflector do you have? Thinking of getting one

Sponsored

Bradnewt

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered the one available from the Ford accessory catalog. It takes about 10 minutes to install and has been working well so far.

hkbooner

Wildtrak
First Name
Hallie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Wildtrak (4-dr)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am getting this installed as soon as my Bronco gets here next week! https://www.getexoshield.com/

Found a place close by that installs it for $600. Figure it is a better option than windshield replacement...especially if it takes so long for a replacement to come. Plus there is a 2 year warranty. Lots of construction going on and trucks throwing rocks in San Antonio, TX so this is a must if the windshields are prone to cracks!

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I didn't really know that was an option with insurance plans. What kind of premium increase should I expect (roughly) for that addition?
If there is animal fur in the glass you won't pay a deductible, otherwise my deductible of $100 was waived getting a chip epoxied at Safelite. But if you are in a hurry or want o fix chips on the trail, a modest investment might be worth carrying with you
Amazon.com: RainX Fix a Windshield Do it Yourself Windshield Repair Kit, for Chips, Cracks, Bulll's-Eyes and Stars : Automotive

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's all about your insurance premium comfort level. I have never paid more than $100 to have a windshield replaced and went through 2 on a Pontiac with HUD

MFP2241

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
If there is animal fur in the glass you won't pay a deductible, otherwise my deductible of $100 was waived getting a chip epoxied at Safelite. But if you are in a hurry or want o fix chips on the trail, a modest investment might be worth carrying with you
Amazon.com: RainX Fix a Windshield Do it Yourself Windshield Repair Kit, for Chips, Cracks, Bulll's-Eyes and Stars : Automotive
+ 1 on this kit!

I got a chip in my passenger side hardtop window (no idea how it happened) and after much research picked this kit up at W**Mart.

I was blown away by how well it worked, the chip an cracks completely vanished.

Also, this isn't a single use item so it's good for multiple chips.
Sponsored