Sponsored

TAKE MY WINDSHIELD POLL!

Have you had to replace your windshield?

• Total voters

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My windshield has ~10 chips and one crack spread across the bottom that doesn't affect line of sight. I refuse to change it until the other chips spread. $1000 CAD to get a new one.
I got my first chip on the way from Montreal to Ottawa, roads are pretty bad on Route 417.
Sponsored

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I live in the South. I crack windshields, a lot. I replace them every couple years. I’ve never met a cop who cares and there’s no state inspection.

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, because ExoShield has prevented numerous rock hits from damaging my windshield.
How does ExoShield hold up under windshield wiper use? (Can you put RainX on it? ) The concept seems right - wondering how long we can count on it lasting.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have 3 in 6mo. One I filled, one is a little divot, and the last one is nasty.

Last one a big chunk of rock or road came up...watched it fling up arch over my hood and smack in the of the windshield. caused 2 big circle cracks with a divot in the middle. I honestly thought it might go thru the windshield. Damn crap sping potholes and dump trucks hauling rock.

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well now that i've taken this poll of "no i've been lucky" I'm totally screwed and probably will get a chip. BUT i've got he aero skin deflector on my hood, and got the windshield coverage from ford so if i do get a chip they will fix it, no deductible.

Sponsored

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How does ExoShield hold up under windshield wiper use? (Can you put RainX on it? ) The concept seems right - wondering how long we can count on it lasting.
I had been warned about the wipers possibly scratching the film. I have had my Bronco now for 6 months and no scratches. I have been very careful to only turn on wipers in the rain so no scratches occur. If you are going to do some serious off roading in the mud, I don’t think ExoShield is going to be a good match for your windshield.

Reactions: jxc

brianbrn

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

RANT: I got a chip on my windshield about two months ago. It immediately spread across the entire windshield. Due to backorder, it took 4 weeks to get replaced. I own a Wrangler, so I patiently understand the vertical windshield problem.

I've been driving with my brand-new windshield for 3 weeks. Yesterday: Another chip, and hours later it had spread across the entire windshield. This morning: ANOTHER CHIP.

I avoid semis, don't tailgate, and leave massive gaps between myself and other cars because I didn't want another chip. Now I have two in 24 hours and am going on my second windshield in 7 weeks.

At some point, this has to be a glass problem and not a vertical windshield problem, no?

TAKE MY POLL. Ha ha. Thanks for listening.
I've had a wrangler and a hummer. Both had rock chips and had to be replaced. That happens with all vehicles. It isn't a Bronco specific issue. And....rocks don't fall from the sky.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Its the angle ,and our roads here in ca look like we lost the war.

Holiday

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing yet in 3 weeks and 725 miles. Getting ExoShield and full PPF on Monday.

Padawan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does the hood deflector make a difference? Does anyone have an opinion on the Ford black factory accessories one? Or should I order the after market one? In Florida, I’ve had two windshield replacements from I75. Free replacement. So unlikely to pay the $375 for Exoskeleton.

Sponsored

RI - Tor-Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
RANT: I got a chip on my windshield about two months ago. It immediately spread across the entire windshield. Due to backorder, it took 4 weeks to get replaced. I own a Wrangler, so I patiently understand the vertical windshield problem.

I've been driving with my brand-new windshield for 3 weeks. Yesterday: Another chip, and hours later it had spread across the entire windshield. This morning: ANOTHER CHIP.

I avoid semis, don't tailgate, and leave massive gaps between myself and other cars because I didn't want another chip. Now I have two in 24 hours and am going on my second windshield in 7 weeks.

At some point, this has to be a glass problem and not a vertical windshield problem, no?

TAKE MY POLL. Ha ha. Thanks for listening.
I had a chip and got it filled right away. But what I did to protect the windshield from the constant chipping is I had the windshield clear wrapped PPF. It is now available for windshield. I live in Toronto, Canada.

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am very familiar with this type or upright type windshield as I have owned two FJ Cruisers and they both were susceptible to chips and cracks, therefore, I purchased a windshield brakeage insurance\warranty because with these not only the windshield replacement is costly, but the installation along with the electronics that has to be redone.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow. So far… of the Bronco owners who have responded, almost 40% have had a chip or crack, and 10% have replaced at least one windshield.

That seems like a lot. 🤷🏻‍♂️

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow. So far… of the Bronco owners who have responded, almost 40% have had a chip or crack, and 10% have replaced at least one windshield.

That seems like a lot. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I took a big rock to the windshield at 300 miles of ownership and had to have it replaced. I'm at close to 11,000 miles a few months later and have driven across the country without any rocks. Ever since the first rock I've been pretty careful, trying to not come close to tailgating the vehicle in front of me, etc. I know from Jeep owners that they seem to need replacement about every 2 years, so it is something people need to consider. It's the nature of vehicle with very upright windshields. I know I'm considering adjusting my insurance deductible since I live in a state without zero deductible replacement coverage.

BroncoForU

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OK, I took you jinxy poll. I now raise you with crazy. Need some slots for visibility but may work?

Ford Bronco TAKE MY WINDSHIELD POLL! Window Protection
Sponsored