Sponsored

How's your daily driver holding up while you wait?

Waiting for 4th Bronco

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Mercedes C350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just gave my '08 Mercedes C350 with 166K miles to my son in college. My new daily driver will be my '05 F250 with 153K miles that I bought brand new and has never been a daily driver. At least when my Bronco gets here I'll get a bump on MPG. Res. 11/2020, Re-ordered 10/2021. Base 2dr, 2.3L manual, velocity blue, roof rack, front bumper, mud flaps, aux switches. I do not want to buy more than one car in '22.
Sponsored

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
04 Taco, 250k+ miles.
No Air, no Heat, but runs great.

Really feeling this long wait, but winter is coming.

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No car. Share with wife. Its such a pain but i refuse to buy and then buy again.

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm 400 miles from home on a contract for work.
My 2002 F150 winter beater with 217k started consuming coolant so that was just sidelined.
My 2004 F250 RV dragger has 238k, a exhaust manifold leak that developed on this trip, and when I went to start it when I sidelined the beater, it failed to start, suspect the fuel pump.
My 2000 Ranger has been plied into winter duty against my wishes and has at least 200,000 miles on it with a new engine, transmission and transfer case motor.
I'm roughly where I expected to be with or without the Bronco since I don't drive new(er) vehicles in the winter.

Sponsored

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You're already in Gulf Breeze, why do you need to go anywhere?
For sure. And that is about the only reason its been bearable. And I have some light at the end of the tunnel. With a 1/17 build week i hope it doesnt slip and ships quickly. I am guessing it will be well into February before it might show up in Pensacola at best.

khudgi

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 XLT 4x4 CC / 2023 F350 CC LAR 4x4 PS 6.7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

2018 F150 Just barley broke in at 70k miles, Bronco is the play vehicle F will remain daily driver.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just gave my '08 Mercedes C350 with 166K miles to my son in college. My new daily driver will be my '05 F250 with 153K miles that I bought brand new and has never been a daily driver. At least when my Bronco gets here I'll get a bump on MPG. Res. 11/2020, Re-ordered 10/2021. Base 2dr, 2.3L manual, velocity blue, roof rack, front bumper, mud flaps, aux switches. I do not want to buy more than one car in '22.
2009 A4 Quattro with 205k miles.

Probably needs a wheel bearing soon but I'll hold off due to my pending build date. Did need to replace the idle pulley last week after it took a dump and spit out the serpentine belt on 87N outside Albany. Otherwise no CEL's and everything is in working order. Will still baby it for the next few months until I get my OBX.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1989 Toyota Pickup w/ 105k miles on the 3.slo V6

Been driving it mostly as a daily since April '18, and it's holding up like a champ. Only thing I don't like is it can't get out of it's own way. I'm really hoping I get my Bronco before snow hits, as the Toyota is sketchy as hell being so light, even with added weight in the back. I know the BFG KO2s are regarded as great tires, but on this little truck without ABS, they make it feel like a death trap on wet roads and lose traction quickly. My other tires for it are MT tires, so not any better for snow.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Waiting for 4th Bronco

Waiting for 4th Bronco

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Mercedes C350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

1989 Toyota Pickup w/ 105k miles on the 3.slo V6

Been driving it mostly as a daily since April '18, and it's holding up like a champ. Only thing I don't like is it can't get out of it's own way. I'm really hoping I get my Bronco before snow hits, as the Toyota is sketchy as hell being so light, even with added weight in the back. I know the BFG KO2s are regarded as great tires, but on this little truck without ABS, they make it feel like a death trap on wet roads and lose traction quickly. My other tires for it are MT tires, so not any better for snow.
Congratulations on getting the last of the '21s. I wonder if Ford will tell us who got the last '21. 2dr with TOW, a real unicorn.

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a 17' Kia Sportage and my A/C decided to stop cooling when the vehicle is not moving. It happened 1K after it was out of warranty. Now the Kia service department is treating me like (an old oilfield expression) a redheaded bastard step child. I won't be going back to them. Hoping to get it repaired this week at a local auto service shop. I have a 1/10 build but that is of course a maybe.

OP
OP
Waiting for 4th Bronco

Waiting for 4th Bronco

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Mercedes C350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a 17' Kia Sportage and my A/C decided to stop cooling when the vehicle is not moving. It happened 1K after it was out of warranty. Now the Kia service department is treating me like (an old oilfield expression) a redheaded bastard step child. I won't be going back to them. Hoping to get it repaired this week at a local auto service shop. I have a 1/10 build but that is of course a maybe.
In Corpus you won't need that A/C until May. Congrats on getting an early '22 build date.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2021 Blazer RS. Once the Bronco, or the D90, arrive the wife gets the Balzer. We will sell her old Versa.

So no room to complain here.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fantastic! Subaru is still under 100K, runs perfectly, no rattles. Merc is about 42K (currently resting for the winter in the garage) and is nearly mint, the Indian is sitting besides it with under 3K miles (used to travel continually for work, so not home during riding season much.) and completely mint.
Sponsored