Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2000 Mercedes-Benz G500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d never let Safelite touch one of my vehicles again. They replaced my windshield on my F150 and the front sensor hasn’t worked since. They’ve sent s tech out to look at it and was told by them that they should have used OEM glass and that I would get a call back to schedule a replacement. Call never comes and I’ve been going back and forth with their CS for over a year. I came this winter from a trip to find water all over my dash from a bad seal when they replaced the glass. They have been a nightmare to deal with.
You're not the only one…

There are other Safelite horror stories in the forums:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/safelite-windshield-replacement-leads-to-worse-damage.66505/
Sponsored

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think with Safelite as with many companies... it depends on how good the tech is. Trouble is (with Safelite)... you never know who you're going to get. Wish I new of a small shop locally with a good reputation (Sacramento area).

Having said that... I've had good luck with Safelite, but haven't had a problem with my Bronco yet.

In regard to insurance companies... make sure you are covered for OEM glass. Neighbor has a BMW X5 and to get OEM glass that includes the heads-up display stuff the cost for insurance is a bit more. Best to check with your insurance company beforehand,.