Sponsored

Replacement windshield wipers recommendations?

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I usually just try and replace with whatever the closest to factory is but I saw Shelby Hall promoting Scrubblade brand wipers and I've seen others promote them as well. They don't seem much more expensive than any other wiper brand so I might give those a shot when the time comes.

www.scrubblade.com

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At what time(date)/mileage are you replacing them?
My left started streaking at 14,000 miles and six months, which disappointed me. I have Bosch Icon blades purchased, but haven't installed them yet.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

General question to all: when did you need to replace them--at what point of ownership (months) or mileage? My left one started streaking at six months & 14,000 miles--disappointing. I've bought Bosch Icon blades, which seem to have a high rating, but haven't installed them yet.
I'll keep the OEM (right, still good) blade as an emergency spare.

Sponsored

Wraithracing

Outer Banks
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I purchased Motorcraft WW1703 wiper blades from Rock Auto for the front windshield. They swapped out without issues and are working just fine. Rock Auto doesn't show a rear wiper blade at this time, so I guess I will purchase one from the dealer when my Bronco goes in for Recall service next week.

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a set of Trico Force blades that wipe water and bugs away nicely. No experience with snow or ice.
KaleCo Auto sells a wiper blade sharpener if you want to be green and just recondition your existing blades.

P_Baff

Badlands
First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 VW GTI & '21 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the Rain-X or Michelin brand. Pair either of those with a coat of Rain-X windshield treatment and you'll be set for a good while.

OP
OP
Wvbulldawg

Wvbulldawg

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.PaulAshmore.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

At what time(date)/mileage are you replacing them?
My left started streaking at 14,000 miles and six months, which disappointed me. I have Bosch Icon blades purchased, but haven't installed them yet.
I’m just over 14,000 as well and started experiencing streaking.

Sponsored

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would take all the "I typically use XXXX on my vehicles" comments with a grain of salt, the Bronco has a new clip interface that will not work with the majority of wiper blades. Last time I looked into this (admittedly a few months ago), the OEM Motorcraft WW1703 were the only thing in production that fit, which was disappointing considering what crappy blades they are.

Hoping Bosh comes through with Icons that fit the Bronco wiper arms, but I'm not holding my breath.

Edited to add: Apparently Trico Force come with an adapter to use with the pinch tab interface. Not my first choice but anything has to be better than the Motorcraft ones.

Last edited:

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
General question to all: when did you need to replace them--at what point of ownership (months) or mileage? My left one started streaking at six months & 14,000 miles--disappointing. I've bought Bosch Icon blades, which seem to have a high rating, but haven't installed them yet.
I'll keep the OEM (right, still good) blade as an emergency spare.
10 months and 11k in and I'm ready for a new set. Wipers certainly get a workout on the gulf coast, but that's still a disappointingly short lifespan.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finally installed my Bosch Icon blades. We've had over a week of heavy rain, with a bit of slush snow, so they've had a job to do. Disappointing. One (on the right) clears very nicely, but the other shudders a little bit on low-to-medium rain, leaving a brief liquid film. It doesn't impede my visibility, but it's annoying. Trying to decide whether I want to bother sending them back to the Amazon source.

Incidentally, for what it's worth, my car wash includes a Simonize protectant product, which hits the body enamel--and also the glass. Because I have a subscription pass (unlimited washes for $30/mo) I use it a lot. I notice that water beads instantly on the windshield.

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Finally installed my Bosch Icon blades. We've had over a week of heavy rain, with a bit of slush snow, so they've had a job to do. Disappointing. One (on the right) clears very nicely, but the other shudders a little bit on low-to-medium rain, leaving a brief liquid film. It doesn't impede my visibility, but it's annoying. Trying to decide whether I want to bother sending them back to the Amazon source.

Incidentally, for what it's worth, my car wash includes a Simonize protectant product, which hits the body enamel--and also the glass. Because I have a subscription pass (unlimited washes for $30/mo) I use it a lot. I notice that water beads instantly on the windshield.
Has Bosch finally started including adapters for the pinch tab arms on the Bronco?

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has Bosch finally started including adapters for the pinch tab arms on the Bronco?
Yes. Good timing--we've had a week and a half of heavy rains in mid-New England.
I didn't need any adapter for my Badlands wiper arm. Getting the OEM off was a bit tricky, as it was jammed on very tight. the Bosch Icon snapped on with a bit of reluctance--snug fit. But they're on okay, and a bit of fan-like (water) film residue that annoyed me at first use has disappeared, leaving a clean sweep. The 17" grazes the top of the windshield. Consider getting a 16-inch.

Many parts of the country have been hit with heavy snow for members to take their Broncos out and play, but not Boston. Just rain and sloppy "winter mix." A little too much "global warming" for my liking!
The Bosh Icons handle heavy rain fine. I'll post again when we get some serious snow.
Sponsored