Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Along I-10 between Yuma, AZ & San Antonio, TX I have had the pleasure of getting probably two dozen chips and cracks over the last decade. This crosses my m8nd as I'm barreling down I-10 headed for Tucson and recieve a kiss from the asphalt gods. My insurance has been super awesome about it, but I'm REALLY nervous about taking the new Bronco out of the garage due to limited production stock let alone repair stock.
Anyone else? Or at the least anyone know if Ford has addressed this?

5ddc896a62ae970891eb618f7d600d76.jpg
You'll be fine. It will just mean someone's preorder gets delayed another three months.
Sponsored

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great feedback. How well does it work with wipers? Do they need to do anything extra like regular blade cleaning to avoid damaging the film?

I've never considered using a film on the windshield before, but the Bronco may be my first. I replaced 3 windshields in my FJCruiser and one on my Tacoma. The FJ has more upright glass like the Bronco and they don't seem to shed rocks or foreign objects well.
To be honest, I can't say with certainty how well it'll work on the Bronco. I know it works well on F-250's though.

That windshield is sitting at 130*, though. It might not be more upright than some other vehicles out there, but it's pretty upright.

Ford Bronco Windshield chip /crack / replacement inventory concerns degreeswinshield

Ford Bronco Windshield chip /crack / replacement inventory concerns degreesf250

Deleted member 3063

did a crack kit repair on my 2000 Ranger in 2001 and it was still good when I traded it in 2005. there are several on the market but I keep a "Blue Star" kit on hand just in case. $9

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

did a crack kit repair on my 2000 Ranger in 2001 and it was still good when I traded it in 2005. there are several on the market but I keep a "Blue Star" kit on hand just in case. $9

Thank you for this. I'm going to give it a try.

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BB 4D, '97 BMW 323ti, '90 Miata, '02 NSX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This thread is making me curious. I have a crack in my Bronco's windshield, I definitely heard the crack but not the initial hit. Looking REALLY closely you can see the chip, it's super small. With the limited number out in the wild there's two here on this thread already with cracks, could this be a thing? For the record, I've never had a cracked windshield in almost 30 years, and I have an "aggressive driving style", as my darling husband calls it.

Sponsored

Gangstead

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This thread is making me curious. I have a crack in my Bronco's windshield, I definitely heard the crack but not the initial hit. Looking REALLY closely you can see the chip, it's super small. With the limited number out in the wild there's two here on this thread already with cracks, could this be a thing? For the record, I've never had a cracked windshield in almost 30 years, and I have an "aggressive driving style", as my darling husband calls it.
I just got a crack yesterday after less than 2 months of ownership so now I'm convinced it's a thing! Had my last car for 10 years without a single chip. It was a Subaru Outback with a much more raked windshield angle.
Ford Bronco Windshield chip /crack / replacement inventory concerns 1633019794879

Bronco67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is most definitely a thing. Every Bronco here in Georgia that I've seen has had a chip or crack. They stated most of them start on the trucks while on the way to the dealers. They chalked it up to being very common on the Jeeps but it shouldn't be common; I've never had to worry about my windshield. My dealer could clearly tell my concerns and only had preventative measures to offer such as putting a ceramic coat, adding a layer to the windshield, etc. but nothing to fix the problem once it's already an issue though... He told me there wasn't much you could do besides not drive too closely behind others & avoid holes :confused:. I spend a lot of my time in or around my car & try to keep it nice as long as possible, so I'll be looking into products like Exoshield, Bulletproof, etc.

Last edited:

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It’s an almost vertical windshield. It’s not a stressed member of the body and I doubt it’s made any different.
Sponsored