Sponsored

Replacement windshield wipers recommendations?

86Isuzu

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Bronco II, 03 Ranger Level II, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't know why everyone is saying its a new design blade. Its nothing new.

I bought Bosch Icons last year before delivery (Part# 17OE) and ran them last winter. Pretty disappointing - I run the Bosch on all my vehicles.
I installed Trico Silicone Ceramic (Part# 90-180)early spring this year...meh, they're ok.
I think I'll give the Trico Titans (Part# 10-180) a go next.

RainX Latitudes aren't good enough to wipe my ass.
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
One piece single beam. Looks pretty damn new-fangled to me. Every other vehicle I have ever had in my entire life had a standard ANCO blade where you could install a new insert.

86Isuzu

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As an ASE-certified individual, this design is 10+ years old.

Wolf07

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Bronco & 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would take all the "I typically use XXXX on my vehicles" comments with a grain of salt, the Bronco has a new clip interface that will not work with the majority of wiper blades. Last time I looked into this (admittedly a few months ago), the OEM Motorcraft WW1703 were the only thing in production that fit, which was disappointing considering what crappy blades they are.

Hoping Bosh comes through with Icons that fit the Bronco wiper arms, but I'm not holding my breath.

Edited to add: Apparently Trico Force come with an adapter to use with the pinch tab interface. Not my first choice but anything has to be better than the Motorcraft ones.
I am in the same boat. I bought some expensive ass Michelin silicon blades that the card in the store said was compatible and the pinch clip attachment wasn't even close to fitting. Is there any aftermarket blades that are an easy swap?

RobWTX

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I haven't needed to replace mine yet, but coming from an F-150 and having an Explorer, these seem so tiny! :D

Sponsored

RF2door

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like many of you my original wipers did not last long, 6 months to be exact. Rather than buying the complete blade I found cut to length refills on Amazon for $5.69 per 4 pack. They are working fine so far. Installation requires you to carefully remove one end cap from the wiper, pull the rubber blade out and use it to cut the new blade to the proper length, slide new rubber blade in to the wiper and replace the end cap. Note their is a tiny retention clip on the end cap that needs to be raised to remove it.

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am in the same boat. I bought some expensive ass Michelin silicon blades that the card in the store said was compatible and the pinch clip attachment wasn't even close to fitting. Is there any aftermarket blades that are an easy swap?
The good news is I have discovered that the Bosch 17OEs have the right adapter to fit the pinch tab interface. The bad news is they have an even shorter lifespan on the Bronco's flat windshield than the OE ford wipers before they start skipping across, and they cost too damn much for that. The search continues.

Bcol2012

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro ZL1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought Bosch Icons last year before delivery (Part# 17OE) and ran them last winter. Pretty disappointing - I run the Bosch on all my vehicles.
I installed Trico Silicone Ceramic (Part# 90-180)early spring this year...meh, they're ok.
I think I'll give the Trico Titans (Part# 10-180) a go next.

RainX Latitudes aren't good enough to wipe my ass.
Any skipping with the Trico Silicone Ceramics? What did you not like about them?

86Isuzu

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Any skipping with the Trico Silicone Ceramics? What did you not like about them?
Not skipping, more of a smear. After a break-in period of a month or so it definitely improved. I ended up keeping them on throughout this past winter...but it was a super mild winter.

I've never heard of a wiper break-in, but I can't say it didn't improve after some use.

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Put a set of Rain-X on my F-150 a year ago, water is still beading up during rain events. I'll put a set on my Bronco when the time comes.

ahtussey

Big Bend
First Name
Abbey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs