Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Was bound to happen but never fun, rock cracked my windshield this morning on the highway. I went with a low deductible replacement at least. Any suggestions on who I should have replace it? I’m in Southwest Michigan. Any insight would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
Sponsored

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you want all the Bronco branding and markings on the glass, make sure you ask for OEM glass. Last summer I had to wait 2 months for OEM over whatever the other option was. I haven't seen it, but I'm guessing those things are missing.

I had 500 miles on mine when a rock smashed mine. The new one already has some chips. The interstate is tough on upright windshields.

OP
OP
PG_Bronco

PG_Bronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you want all the Bronco branding and markings on the glass, make sure you ask for OEM glass. Last summer I had to wait 2 months for OEM over whatever the other option was. I haven't seen it, but I'm guessing those things are missing.

I had 500 miles on mine when a rock smashed mine. The new one already has some chips. The interstate is tough on upright windshields.
Thanks! Do you know if most of the glass companies offer OEM? I called a few Ford Dealers around me and none of them do windshields.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I requested OEM glass from Safelite when I had mine done.

Sponsored

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

True, and some states are worse than others. Wisconsin being horrid, but the roads here always suck however. I have never cracked a windshield on any other car or truck than my old Jeeps. This past weekend I got a chip in the bronco's. I am going to have it repaired before it cracks but I know it won't look perfect. But I am ok with that.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get about 1 chip/crack a month...waiting until I have trouble seeing or inspection is due. I did buy a windshield replacement policy as I knew it was going to get destroyed.

Lot of construction, trailers, and dump trucks around me...not to mention pot holes.

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2000 Mercedes-Benz G500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having owned lots of vehicles with upright windsheilds, I always keep a bunch of these on hand for quick repairs before the chip spreads into a long crack. They've saved me a lot of time, money, and winshields...

Permatex 09103 Windshield Repair Kit

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Safelite did an excellent job replacing mine with genuine Ford glass that was absolutely identical to what was in there before. People claim that not all Safelite locations are the same, but the one local to me did a great job.

darinhouston

Badlands
First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From what I understand, the Bronco brand on the OEM windshield isn't worth it - third party glass is supposed to withstand chips better - OEM seems really brittle and I'm told cracks propagate much more readily - I am holding out to hear what's best. Stopped a crack from spreading but it's too long to fill. It's one thing to have rocks chip it more due to being more vertical, but the likelihood and extent of spreading is ridiculous. Must be something about the way it's manufactured.

Sponsored

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

From what I understand, the Bronco brand on the OEM windshield isn't worth it...
It was more important to me to have stock parts and an original look than for my windshield to be slightly tougher the next time some oncoming truck flips a rock up. But I'm not normal here, since I'm keeping my Bronco pretty much stock all the way.

Baja_bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco wildtrak, 1996 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I own an auto glass shop here in CA and can tell you the OEM is the best you’re going to get. The aftermarket are manufactured in china. And if yours is equipped with a lane departure camera OE is the best way to go.

Bill K

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Having owned lots of vehicles with upright windsheilds, I always keep a bunch of these on hand for quick repairs before the chip spreads into a long crack. They've saved me a lot of time, money, and winshields...

Permatex 09103 Windshield Repair Kit
Good call. Have used this one in the past, and just ordered another. Thanks for the link (y)

mikes781

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d never let Safelite touch one of my vehicles again. They replaced my windshield on my F150 and the front sensor hasn’t worked since. They’ve sent s tech out to look at it and was told by them that they should have used OEM glass and that I would get a call back to schedule a replacement. Call never comes and I’ve been going back and forth with their CS for over a year. I came this winter from a trip to find water all over my dash from a bad seal when they replaced the glass. They have been a nightmare to deal with.
Sponsored