First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 years, 1 month, 3 days and change. Thats how long I waited to get my Bronco.

It only took a Safelite technician about 2 hours to cause more damage to my Bronco than I have accumulated in 6 months as a daily driver.

Long story short (actaully, kinda long!), I had about a 4 foot crack in my windshield, and Safelite was Progressive's preferred windshield replacement vendor. I figured it was the safest bet to make sure things went smoothly and correctly. They even offered mobile service, so i had them replace my windshield today (one of my work-form-home days of the week).

Once the tech was at my door to tell me he was finished, I asked him to give me a minute to look over the work. Glad I did while he as still there, because it was nothing short of completely unacceptable. He gouged the paint at the upper corner, between the windshield and the pillar face. Just about to the bare metal. As I'm looking this over he says "Yeah, the scratch?".......I try to keep my cool, knowing full well I'm about to get into a dispute with a large corporation, and want it to go a certain way. Then he says "Yeah, it happened on the other side too".....and I look over "Dude, are you FUCKING kidding me???"

Another set of scratches, same area on the opposite side. He attempted to "fix" by scribbling over it with some black primer (keep in mind my Bronco is Cactus Grey"), to help conceal it. In reality, it only made it THAT more noticeable. He tried assuring me that SafeLite only guarantees they won't scratch the pillar face, and he did me a favor by not covering the entire gap area between the windshield and pillar with black primer (which almost seemed like it was Safelite policy to do so).

Ford Bronco Safelite Windshield Replacement Leads To Worse Damage IMG_9287

Ford Bronco Safelite Windshield Replacement Leads To Worse Damage IMG_9288

Ford Bronco Safelite Windshield Replacement Leads To Worse Damage IMG_9291

Anyway, talking to him for more than two minutes I could tell he had absolutely zero problem-solving skills, and still had no idea what the big deal was. I told him I was going to call Safelite and let them know what happened, and that I was going to get them to pay for the repairs. After numerous calls to the Safelite shop he worked for, with a Safelite customer service rep on the line, had no luck reaching the shop manager (or shop itself). The rep then assured me that they would have that particular shop's manager call me by 5pm today. Fine, I'll give them a few hours.

In the meantime I check my Blink cameras to review his work. THEN I SEE HE WAS SITTING ON MY DOORS WHILE THEY WERE OPEN, AND YOU CAN VISIBLY SEE THEM SINK DOWN AS HE SAT ON THEM. Never once did he use a step stool. Each time he needed to get somewhere he couldn't reach, he would open the door and sit on it. I have clips of him doing it numerous times.

I went out and inspected my car, and sure enough, both door are now a little out of whack, the jamb gaps are no longer consistent (both sides), and the driver's side door is now RUBBING AGAINST THE SILL.

Ford Bronco Safelite Windshield Replacement Leads To Worse Damage IMG_9294

Ford Bronco Safelite Windshield Replacement Leads To Worse Damage IMG_9295

Ford Bronco Safelite Windshield Replacement Leads To Worse Damage IMG_9292

Ford Bronco Safelite Windshield Replacement Leads To Worse Damage IMG_9296

I'm livid. I'm trying to keep it together here.

Anyhow, I have the Better Business Bureau complaint page open, and once it hits 5:01pm, I'm submitting a formal complaint. Then I'm contacting Progressive to make them aware of what their preferred vendor did to a customer's car. Then I'm calling back the Safelite customer service line and speaking to a manager/supervisor/director about what happened, the proof I have, and the steps I've taken to draw as much attention to the issue as possible during the same timeframe I was unable to get a hold of, or get a call back from, the shop that was at fault.

UPDATE #1: Monday, February 21, 8:15am

I've been waiting for more interaction with Safelite before chiming back in.
Safelite called me around 3pm on Friday (day of incident). They were extremely apologetic, and even said the tech fessed up that he had scratched a customers truck pretty good.

Thats when I let him know that about the door-sitting/sagging issue. He (Safelite rep) was very apologetic, and even said that he was aware of all of the Bronco production/delivery issues that reservists have beend ealing with over the past 2+ years, so he really understood my frustration.

He asked that I send him an email with photos and videos and that we would get back to me.
That was Friday, it is now Tuesday, 8:15am. I'm giving him the benefit-of-doubt and assuming Safelite office's were closed for yesterday's holiday. But if I don't hear back by the end of the day, I'll be reaching out directly to the CEO (Thanks to a forum member for that email address!), and probably blowing them up on their social media pages.

I appreciate everyone's "thoughts and prayers" during this time. I was starting to second-guess myself. Maybe I was being too anal. But it sounds like everyone pretty universally agrees.

Glass: The one thing Safelite DID do correctly is replace it with OEM glass. It has the "BRONCO" lettering and the attachment points text. When I filed the claim online, there is a check-box that asks if your current windshield has the logo. I, of course, clicked "Yes"

UPDATE #2: Monday, February 21, 1:45pm

Just received from the rep I spoke to on Friday, after I send an email today requesting an update:

Hello Tom, I have received the email, with all the attachments. Iā€™m having a issue getting the video to play, however its probably my company firewall. I have reviewed the pictures of the damage and Iā€™m going to forward these to my contact at the body shop I use. Since the doors are sagging they will need to be re-adjusted by a body professional, and the paint will need to be matched.

With that said Iā€™m working on this and will reach out to you soon. I apologize for not getting back sooner, yesterday I closed out a couple other customers with somewhat similar issues, so now I can focus on your vehicle.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bronco-saurs

Outer Banks
First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer / 2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Your situation sucks, but I had a good chuckle at one of the reactions, the username is Ibuprofen. Almost fitting.

I had a similar situation with my F150 and Safelite with a bent door along with a leaking windshield. I always avoided them with a passion. Two techs, separate times, neither could apply a bead for the life of them, both leaked and one if not both caused mold in the dashboard (between the summer and couple days of raining).. Good luck!

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That camera footage should be all you need. I would be wicked pissed. Sorry!

Sponsored

dadjoke

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Big Bend 4-Door 2.7 MIC Auto Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That sucks OP, I hope they get your windshield and paint issues attended to quickly. Scares me that I could bend my doors too (admittedly I don't sit on them...)

I VERY RESPECTFULLY would like to point out that BBB is a private company that can/will get paid by vendors to suppress your reviews.

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why not give Safelite the chance to make things right? Everybody/every company makes mistakes. What sets us apart is how we deal with those mistakes. I know you are livid, and I would be too, but sometimes dealing with situations in an angry manner is counterproductive. Nothing gets done at 5 pm on a Friday no matter what.

State your case in a calm way to whomever you can get to speak to you at Safelite. See if they will make it right. Who knows, they might surprise you. My guess is they will take care of this.

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The Better Business Bureau? Lol, come on man. You need to be on the phone with Safelite corporate who needs to light a fire under this franchise ownerā€™s ass. Heā€™ll have insurance for this, force him to use it. As previously mentioned, find a good attorney.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Crap. They are doing mine on 3/1. Guess I better babysit and watch the whole thing!
You might want to remove your doors beforehand. Don't give them the opportunity to use the doors as a seat.

Sponsored

Docindahouze

Base
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wow that sucks man! I had mine replaced last Saturday by safelite. I had to go to their location which was not too far from me. I was in and out within hour and half. They did a great job on mine, I did not see any damage at all. Plus the bronco was within my view the entire time. I think itā€™s least qualified techs they send out to customer locations. They wanted me to bring it to them so they replace and recalibrate the camera. Glass looks good and is oem so it has all the proper markings. Only thing missing is the manufacturing plant sticker. Wish I could buy one and stick it on there. I hope you get this all sorted out.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Love to ask this guy. Have you considered being good at your job?

Good luck OP.
Sponsored