Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone replaced their windshield yet on their Bronco?

Was curious what the experience was like. Was driving down a local highway last week when something came out of nowhere and slammed into my windshield. Was so loud - scared the shit out of me and my wife.

Anyways, called around to a few places - but no one seems to be able to replace the windshield. I'm told i have to take it to a dealer - where the price is nuts. And most glass repair shops want to charge me $300 just treat the spot, and keep it from growing. Anyways, any advice here would be helpful!

Thanks

IMG_1141.JPG
Sponsored

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How about insurance claim? I dont think they ding that against you, maybe Im wrong?

OP
OP
TyGuy40

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

cmlcpt

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Insurance paid for ours in Massachusetts $565 was cost. Two week wait time to get one in.

same2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That sucks... you'll likely end up at your dealership afterwards to recalibrate the sensors, so I would hit up insurance and just let the dealership deal with all of it in one shot.

Because the windshield is quite vertical, it is more prone to getting damaged by rocks because it's more of a direct hit than a deflection that a slanted windshield would experience (talk to Jeep owners, they will say the same thing). To avoid the headache, I had exoshield installed on mine (and bought the extra warranty) so that it will prevent damage in the first place.. and the warranty covers the replacement of the windshield, plus the sensor calibration, and pays for a new exoshield if it does get damaged. It came to a bit less than the cost of a windshield itself, but I'm more than happy to pay that and avoid the hassle that you are in right now. But I'm in Nova Scotia where there seems to be no shortage of rocks on the highways.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TyGuy40

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That sucks... you'll likely end up at your dealership afterwards to recalibrate the sensors, so I would hit up insurance and just let the dealership deal with all of it in one shot.

Because the windshield is quite vertical, it is more prone to getting damaged by rocks because it's more of a direct hit than a deflection that a slanted windshield would experience (talk to Jeep owners, they will say the same thing). To avoid the headache, I had exoshield installed on mine (and bought the extra warranty) so that it will prevent damage in the first place.. and the warranty covers the replacement of the windshield, plus the sensor calibration, and pays for a new exoshield if it does get damaged. It came to a bit less than the cost of a windshield itself, but I'm more than happy to pay that and avoid the hassle that you are in right now. But I'm in Nova Scotia where there seems to be no shortage of rocks on the highways.
Yea, I remember my old jeep having this issue all the time. I just upgraded my insurance to include a zero-deductible glass replacement. It's just an extra 40 bucks for the entire year. But I want to look into that exoshield. Texas has a shit ton of rocks.

utbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have American Family ins, they will cover rock chips. I think wind shields are $100 w/ins Definitely check with your insurance company before paying out of pocket.

Last edited:

cbrum23

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Dodge Ram 1500, 1974 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My windshield caught a rock a few weeks ago, turned into a 10 inch crack next day. I contacted dealership as I wanted to ensure a factory glass replacement. Just heard back yesterday and they said this windshield is no longer available. Apparently Ford is sourcing windshields from a new company and availability info will be available 4/28... :cautious:

aggrad2010

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had a huge rock hit me at 70 mph 4 days after taking delivery. Immediately created 4 cracks around 5 inches. Insurance is covering with $100.00 deductible. Windshield order was placed 3 weeks ago and no eta as of yet. Cracks are continuing to spread but it is what it is. This rock would have cracked any windshield it hit. Have never seen one this big. It actually stayed on the hood so I have it. Almost 1/2 inch wide.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I plan to have exoshield installed also. Seems like every brand new vehicle gets a damn chip in the windshield before the odometer hits 200 miles. Did the install come out bubble free?

Sponsored

same2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I plan to have exoshield installed also. Seems like every brand new vehicle gets a damn chip in the windshield before the odometer hits 200 miles. Did the install come out bubble free?
The only time that I can tell that it's there is when I wear polarized sunglasses and tilt my head... then I can see a slight rainbow. Other than that... it is completely invisible. I left it with the installer for a few days while I was out of town so that he could ensure it was 100% cured before I picked it up which means that any little bubbles that might have been present had already worked their way out.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went through my insurance (Geico) for $50 deductible. Safelite ordered a Ford OEM windshield that arrived in Alaska in 5 days. They came to my house and replaced in my garage. They had to test drive to recalibrate the camera and the installer asked if I wanted to ride along and I did. All in all very happy! Installer took his time, I had absolutely no damage to the cowl, wiper arms, interior trim or anything. Took about 2.5 hours Start to finish.

20220425_104122.jpg

20220425_102547.jpg

First Name
Graydon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
I went through my insurance (Geico) for $50 deductible. Safelite ordered a Ford OEM windshield that arrived in Alaska in 5 days. They came to my house and replaced in my garage. They had to test drive to recalibrate the camera and the installer asked if I wanted to ride along and I did. All in all very happy! Installer took his time, I had absolutely no damage to the cowl, wiper arms, interior trim or anything. Took about 2.5 hours Start to finish.

Ford Bronco Windshield Replacement 20220425_102547

Ford Bronco Windshield Replacement 20220425_102547
I’m glad to hear this. I just contacted Safelite and made an appointment to replace my windshield today. I was worried about them not being able to get a replacement due to all the supplier issues lately.

OP
OP
TyGuy40

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got mine fixed. She is as good as new. Picked her up today. They had to recalibrate it at Safelite, so it took a few hours, but overall, happy with the replacement, and I now have the zero-glass deductible option on my insurance, should this happen again.

FoxFour281

Black Diamond
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 02 Expedition EB
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

20220425_104122.jpg

20220425_102547.jpg
Sorry for bumping a old thread. Did you have to remove the light pods from the cowl?
Sponsored