Autoenthusiast2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ BRaptor, 23’ B/L, 22’ Tundra TRD Pro, 22’Trx
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
ALWAYS demand OEM glass replaclement and don't go with these cheap aftermarket companies because will increase chance of leakage and breakage because cheaper glass and not a perfect fit always so seal might not hold.
Big believer in OEM glass. Had 1 windshield replaced with “Safe💩” Auto Glass and was a headache from day one. Could not find a windshield wiper to stop squeaking on the D/S windshield during rain. Never had an issue with the Oem windshield before replacement. Went thru multiple different brand wipers until trading the car in.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Big believer in OEM glass. Had 1 windshield replaced with “SafeShit💩” Auto Glass and was a headache from day one. Could not find a windshield wiper to stop squeaking on the D/S windshield during rain. Never had an issue with the Oem windshield before replacement. Went thru multiple different brand wipers until trading the car in.
Eek. Not fun. Must have been the replacement windshield shape slight differed from the OEM glass?

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

FYI, Ford dealers do not do the glass replacement in house. They farm it out. You can get OEM glass but thinking the you will get a better quality of repair because it's at the dealer is a fantasy. That said the dealer may contract with a very good installer and you will get quality work. They may also contract with Safelight, and you know the rest of that story.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

FYI, Ford dealers do not do the glass replacement in house. They farm it out. You can get OEM glass but thinking the you will get a better quality of repair because it's at the dealer is a fantasy. That said the dealer may contract with a very good installer and you will get quality work. They may also contract with Safelight, and you know the rest of that story.
True unless they have a body shop. Even then, most body shops sub contract the glass work but not normally Safelite.

Sponsored
OP
OP
FishKzor

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
SMALL UPDATE:

I've been waiting for more interaction with Safelite before chiming back in.
Safelite called me around 3pm on Friday (day of incident). They were extremely apologetic, and even said the tech fessed up that he had scratched a customers truck pretty good.

Thats when I let him know that about the door-sitting/sagging issue. He (Safelite rep) was very apologetic, and even said that he was aware of all of the Bronco production/delivery issues that reservists have beend ealing with over the past 2+ years, so he really understood my frustration.

He asked that I send him an email with photos and videos and that we would get back to me.
That was Friday, it is now Tuesday, 8:15am. I'm giving him the benefit-of-doubt and assuming Safelite office's were closed for yesterday's holiday. But if I don't hear back by the end of the day, I'll be reaching out directly to the CEO (Thanks to a forum member for that email address!), and probably blowing them up on their social media pages.

I appreciate everyone's "thoughts and prayers" during this time. I was starting to second-guess myself. Maybe I was being too anal. But it sounds like everyone pretty universally agrees.

Glass: The one thing Safelite DID do correctly is replace it with OEM glass. It has the "BRONCO" lettering and the attachment points text. When I filed the claim online, there is a check-box that asks if your current windshield has the logo. I, of course, clicked "Yes"

Last edited:

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
USA 2023, nearly impossible to get good customer service, everyone wants to rip you off.

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Minor note but in your small update you mentioned you will blow them. I think you mean blow them up.

OP
OP
FishKzor

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Minor note but in your small update you mentioned you will blow them. I think you mean blow them up.
YES, shit! Thanks!

Tony4x4

Big Bend
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 EB Bronco 2021 BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
SMALL UPDATE:

Safelite called me around 3pm on Friday (day of incident). They were extremely apologetic, and even said the tech fessed up that he had scratched a customers truck pretty good.

Thats when I let him know that about the door-sitting/sagging issue. He (Safelite rep) was very apologetic, and even said that he was aware of all of the Bronco production/delivery issues that reservists have beend ealing with over the past 2+ years, so he really understood my frustration.

He asked that I send him an email with photos and videos and that we would get back to me.
That was Friday, it is now Tuesday, 8:15am. I'm giving him the benefit-of-doubt and assuming Safelite office's were closed for yesterday's holiday. But if I don't hear back by the end of the day, I'll be reaching out directly to the CEO (Thanks to a forum member for that email address!), and probably blowing them up on their social media pages.

I appreciate everyone's "thoughts and prayers" during this time. I was starting to second-guess myself. Maybe I was being too anal. But it sounds like everyone pretty universally agrees.

Glass: The one thing Safelite DID do correctly is replace it with OEM glass. It has the "BRONCO" lettering and the attachment points text. When I filed the claim online, there is a check-box that asks if your current windshield has the logo. I, of course, clicked "Yes"
Thanks for the update. This whole situation is awful. You are not being overly fastidious. That guy sitting on the door sealed the deal. Wow. Hopefully you get it all fixed on their dime.

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

True unless they have a body shop. Even then, most body shops sub contract the glass work but not normally Safelite.
These days most body shops are subbing out the glass work. Body workers are too valuable to have them waste time with glass work.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

SMALL UPDATE:

When Safelite did mine (did a very good job btw) they asked if it said BRONCO across the top, I said no (not across the top). Next time, and there will be a next time , I'll say yes and maybe I'll get logo glass.

OP
OP
FishKzor

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I see 2 vans …. Was he in “training “ by the company? Lots of times senior techs will shadow the “new guy”.
The tech told me that the person in the other van was there to do the calibration when he was done with the install.

(Could be BS, or true. Either way, that person was paid to sit in their van for a good 2+ hours twiddling their thumbs, while a co-worker seemed to break every protocol in the company standard's manual)

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

These days most body shops are subbing out the glass work. Body workers are too valuable to have them waste time with glass work.
A lot of my brother’s business was supporting local Body shops and other non insurance related business. He was in the business for over 50 years, most people that new him and wanted it done right went to him.
Sponsored

Last edited: