Sponsored

Anyone regret not getting a Basesquatch?

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did you follow any YouTube videos you could recommend? And you had the advanced 4x4 so you didn’t need to reprogram the FAD right?
No tutorials, pretty handy when it comes to vehicles. I did use the service manual you can find here on this site for reference but it is pretty straight forward. Getting the front diff in to its home was the hardest part. Loosen the steering rack so it can move up a little helped a lot. Correct, no FAD for me to mess with.
Sponsored

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No regrets it would have cost me more to build a base the way I want it than my badlands.

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

BaseSquatch is the way!
Ford Bronco Anyone regret not getting a Basesquatch? 3FE5983B-7D29-453D-9D38-A740F0048F26

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
When I was still in Build and Price mode, I was torn between Black Diamond on steelies versus Basquatch. I ordered Black Diamond ended up buying Big Bend Squatch (Hard Top / Mid / Mod Bumper/ Switches) off the lot one week before Bronco Armageddon 2023. I interact (use) all the mid package goodies on a daily basis especially when it’s cold outside. I actually really like the Sandstone interior versus Base Gray. I would’ve been happy with a Basquatch to my spec, but I’m very happy with the Bronco I have. Do I wish I could’ve got the Black Diamond? sorta, but not that much. Once I get some skid plates, I’ll really never know the difference.

Sponsored

st3v

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

About to purchase a 2 door Basemansquatch I ordered a while back. I'm happy I am saving $10k over a Badlands. I put that towards a Ford Maverick XLT which was $24k.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
After many years of buying cars and trucks (mostly base) and constantly modifying them to suit my needs- lifts, wider wheels, tires, etc., etc., etc. I have come to the conclusion......get what you really want. You save so much damn time (and money most of the time)- to do other things maybe you really want to do? Back in the day and being very young I had so much energy and I did so many custom mods. Fast forward to 3 years ago I knew I wanted at least the 2 door base with the steelies when I placed a reservation. But then I saw the Sasquatch in the rendering. I knew how much work it would be to change the base with steelies to something like the Sasquatch. I spent the extra $$ and went for the Basesquatch. But it was so worth the wait. I am so happy- it needs 0 mods. It might be the first vehicle that I ever bought that I feel needs 0 mods!

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OP
OP
Butzy

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Scratch that… With the latest price increases, BaseSquatch is even more expensiver!

957D9BB7-21CC-45A8-AF57-A914D3A3CE3F.jpeg
Aren't they all?

49,685 BB mod Bumper and upfitter switches.....for a leather wrapped steering wheel?!

Last edited:

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Aren't they all?

49,685 BB mod Bumper and upfitter switches.....for a leather wrapped steering wheel?!
For sure, but the increase in dollar amounts are pretty consistent across the board, so the BaseSquatch pricing has gone up like 15% in two years, while the higher end models have gone up maybe 10%. So the gap is closing, and the BaseSquatch doesn’t have as much bang for that buck as it used to…

I’d still want one, but you guys that got 2021 BaseSquatch pricing really made out!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Butzy

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For sure, but the increase in dollar amounts are pretty consistent across the board, so the BaseSquatch pricing has gone up like 15% in two years, while the higher end models have gone up maybe 10%. So the gap is closing, and the BaseSquatch doesn’t have as much bang for that buck as it used to…

I’d still want one, but you guys that got 2021 BaseSquatch pricing really made out!
Haha. True. I guess that's where regret catches up...😉

OP
OP
Butzy

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford saw their mistake and can't just chop the base model or justify matching the Big Bend price wise but it still gets props so they gotta hang on to it. I would expect them to drop a trim or 2 before too long. The base and Big Bend are too close. With the modularity, they kinda cancel each other out.

Bronccraig

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Challenger RT Hemi Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I needed cheap and the BB base was a good deal at 33500$ (7/2020 resv ) and I wanted to be able to keep my 2021 HA gladiator so it worked out good, if I hadnt been able to have both financed at same time then yes I would have liked the base sas..

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford saw their mistake and can't just chop the base model or justify matching the Big Bend price wise but it still gets props so they gotta hang on to it. I would expect them to drop a trim or 2 before too long. The base and Big Bend are too close. With the modularity, they kinda cancel each other out.
The Wrangler has 13 trims, the Range Rover Defender has 18 trims.

OP
OP
Butzy

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Wrangler has 13 trims, the Range Rover Defender has 18 trims.
Never looked at RR but the wranglers.....I see some differences but just like the broncos......wasting efforts on trim names with such subtle changes. The Willys sport to the sport is like the black diamond to the base and the sahara/obx and naturally rubicon/badlands...🙄. It just seems redundant.
Sponsored