Sponsored

Anyone regret not getting a Basesquatch?

jbacon47

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BadLands manual 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hear you, as soon as you start modding a vehicle to some configurations the math doesn't pencil out. With my build Base 2.7/Sas/Aux Mod/bashplates , the BLs equivalent starts at a $9k upcharge, then installing cloth seats, and more original looking headlights would of upped another $2-3K. After spending $1100 on the rubber flooring and rockrails, disco didn't seem worth it for $11,000.
Ya, I should mention too that I went with the non-sas Badlands. If I wanted sas, I would have went basesquach. BL didnt seem worth upgrading to sas, saves a few thousand. The BL suspension is almost the same and I liked the proportions better, but that’s just me.
Sponsored

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a 4 door Base.
I dont need the Sas 4WD capabilities.

I am super excited that I will be able to use less than the Sas funds - and create something more unique (than factory) that suits my needs more. Everything I need and nothing I dont.

howardde

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a Basesquatch and use the Fordpass App to remote start every day. No mid but the thing is warm when I get in to drive.
I have a Basequatch on the way --- I thought "remote start" wasn't possible on a Base? Is that not true or did you have to do a mod to get it to work? I have an automatic, btw. Thanks!

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a Basequatch on the way --- I thought "remote start" wasn't possible on a Base? Is that not true or did you have to do a mod to get it to work? I have an automatic, btw. Thanks!
Every Bronco (base included) with an automatic transmission can be remote started through your phone, it costs nothing.

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Every auto can be started with the FordPass app, it’s perfect.

Sponsored

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got a 2021 2-Door M/T Base Bronco with almost nothing on it (just switches and roof rails). It cost me a total of $30,555 (plus a couple of dealer minor add ons: door guards and wheel locks). This low price allowed me to get a Bronco for the cost of an average boring SUV. Sasquatch looks cool, but as a daily driver on actual roads, my vehicle is better.

Also, I consider the vehicle like a Lego set that I can upgrade over time. No need to buy it all at once. Anticipation of future upgrades is 1/2 the fun for me. For example, this week I was contemplating upgrading the wheels and tires with Outer Banks takeoffs for less than $500s installed. Decided not to, but there are so many options posted here and in the Bronco community to upgrade Broncos in a cost effective way.

Ford Bronco Anyone regret not getting a Basesquatch? IMG_5694

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh for sure. I see why they do it. You pay extra for the Big Bend so you can get the mid package but the wheels on it are just as offensive and wasteful as the base steelies! 😆
I don't find the base steelies "wasteful" at all. I love them and so do literally dozens of people who have approached me next to my vehicle to tell me how much the base with steelies reminds them of the OG Bronco.

Actual "overlanders" who drive for months at a time through the wilderness, do not use fancy wheels. They use steelies that can be DIY banged back into shape. Fancy large wheels are little more than "cosplay" for many people.

jbacon47

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BadLands manual 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got a 2021 2-Door M/T Base Bronco with almost nothing on it (just switches and roof rails). It cost me a total of $30,555 (plus a couple of dealer minor add ons: door guards and wheel locks). This low price allowed me to get a Bronco for the cost of an average boring SUV. Sasquatch looks cool, but as a daily driver on actual roads, my vehicle is better.

Also, I consider the vehicle like a Lego set that I can upgrade over time. No need to buy it all at once. Anticipation of future upgrades is 1/2 the fun for me. For example, this week I was contemplating upgrading the wheels and tires with Outer Banks takeoffs for less than $500s installed. Decided not to, but there are so many options posted here and in the Bronco community to upgrade Broncos in a cost effective way.

IMG_5694.jpeg
If you can live without lockers, this is the way. Although, my experience installing aftermarket parts is that they are often much lower quality than OEM equivalents. Not always, but often. This is the reason I went with the Badlands (along with needing lockers).

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Only for the advanced 4x4 and beefier suspension components. I don't like the tires or wheels at all. And I would not have had my Cactus Gray. All in all, not really regret I just wish the advanced 4x4 could have been an option on my build without SAS.

Sponsored

Jakethesnake

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GX470. 2002 Suburban. 2016 Subaru Impreza
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You sure it went up that much in a year?

Ford Bronco Anyone regret not getting a Basesquatch? IMG_5694
Sure did. Thank god I had price protection and got it around what your sticker says. A good deal, yes. A cheat code like it was, no way

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Love mine, but yes I would prefer this knowing what I know. I do think the Big Bend grill with the old school lights is the best looking as well.

Ford Bronco Anyone regret not getting a Basesquatch? F14D2553-6151-4959-B799-6ECCC3A0DC71

Starting at the bottom and the sky is the limit. I really dig the Black diamond but I couldn’t pass up the diamond in the rough.

OP
OP
Butzy

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't find the base steelies "wasteful" at all. I love them and so do literally dozens of people who have approached me next to my vehicle to tell me how much the base with steelies reminds them of the OG Bronco.

Actual "overlanders" who drive for months at a time through the wilderness, do not use fancy wheels. They use steelies that can be DIY banged back into shape. Fancy large wheels are little more than "cosplay" for many people.
While I appreciate the enthusiasm for the base wheels, seeing how many end up on the market for pennies on the dollar backs up my "wasteful" claim. Nobody is buying them. They are going to ultimately end up unused and literally wasted. The "dozens" of people complimenting and the absolute number of real overlanders are few and far between. I'm not going to argue with braptor owners about the looks of their rides but I don’t honestly think they're attractive at all just like I wouldn't argue with the looks of the silver wheels. The braptors aren't going to waste though

Last edited:

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Anyone regret not getting a Basesquatch? 1679718372283

No ragrets here. 2023 Wildtrak lux. I waited a long time and have added several upgrades but there are several things that I do not have to mess with. The Ford price protection and A-Plan made the purchase more palatable, walked out the door after taxes under sticker with no plans to flip.
Sponsored