Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, anyone have any clue if getting insurance on the car right away would be an issue since buying out of state? Do you have to have Illinois temp plates for the vehicle immediately?
I do not know these answers, but would think carriers would insure your vehicle no matter where it was purchased or plated. I am planning to pay my tax and get plated the day after I return from picking it up.
Sponsored

Sean D

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW EOS, Jeep Rubicon, Acura RDX, Yamaha Roadstar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also, anyone have any clue if getting insurance on the car right away would be an issue since buying out of state? Do you have to have Illinois temp plates for the vehicle immediately?
Hey, @Will2497, I decided to go with Tom Borah at Chapman Ford of Horsham @DealerInsider. It's been a great experience; I highly recommend Tom and his team. Check out his thread. He is offering 3% under invoice. I figured that was worth the trip to PA. You would get temp plates until you register the Bronco in Illinois. Insurance would happen as soon as you call your agent. I was not getting any information from my local dealer, and he was a little cagey on price. Maybe invoice, maybe MSRP. I might be looking at an MY22 anyway so no big deal. Badlands, 2-door, lux, Mod-top.

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hey, @Will2497, I decided to go with Tom Borah at Chapman Ford of Horsham @DealerInsider. It's been a great experience; I highly recommend Tom and his team. Check out his thread. He is offering 3% under invoice. I figured that was worth the trip to PA. You would get temp plates until you register the Bronco in Illinois. Insurance would happen as soon as you call your agent. I was not getting any information from my local dealer, and he was a little cagey on price. Maybe invoice, maybe MSRP. I might be looking at an MY22 anyway so no big deal. Badlands, 2-door, lux, Mod-top.
thank u! appreciate u!

Sean D

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The wife liked the idea of saving $1,300 off invoice, which was just over double that off MSRP, so she is on board for going out of state for the deal. With her on board, we are planning to make a 2-3 day get away trip out of picking it up (I know, get away in IA??, but Galena and a couple other areas along the river to explore could be good, camping or hotel), but since we are not trading in, she will be driving separately on way back. No concerns on getting it serviced at a Ford dealership locally, except for the one or two that have not been honest to me or others as referenced in this thread. Packey Webb was honest when I spoke to them on pricing, and warranty offerings being included is valuable. I would have much preferred to keep business local, like with Manning in DeKalb, but I went with the best deal I could get at the time.
I'm not concerned with the servicing of an out-of-state purchase. I have several Ford dealers local, so I can choose. I've had service done at dealerships where I did not purchase the vehicle, it was never an issue.

Will2497

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Invoice is the 'Dealer invoice w/ holdback' that they had the master document on right? So potentially 3% off invoice could be better than Granger's $1300 off invoice? (i.e. my build comes out to around $56K invoice so about $1680 off)

Sponsored

Will2497

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For paying tax differences, what happens if the tax out of state is the same as the tax here? (i.e. Des Moines, IA is 7%, Will county is also 7%)

Sean D

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Invoice is the 'Dealer invoice w/ holdback' that they had the master document on right? So potentially 3% off invoice could be better than Granger's $1300 off invoice? (i.e. my build comes out to around $56K invoice so about $1680 off)
Based on my selection of options, my discount should be about $1500.

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For paying tax differences, what happens if the tax out of state is the same as the tax here? (i.e. Des Moines, IA is 7%, Will county is also 7%)
you pay the tax where you are, so in my case Kane County. Granger is offering to roll the tax in any financing they might do by giving them your local tax rate. They would then cut you a check at closing to take back and pay your taxes with, and put that amount in the financing. Granger is not paying your tax back in your home state. I am going to pay my taxes outside of financing, so no need to provide Granger with any tax rate.

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Granger has stated that they just cut you a check for the taxes in your home state. I imagine you pay the taxes in IA then Granger cuts you the check back and when you plate the vehicle at the DMV you give them the check

Sean D

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tax should be based on where you live, not where you buy. Reach out to Tom and see what he offers. That way you can make an informed decision. What is your reservation date? Mine was 7/28/2020.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Call your agent and explain...they'll cover it as soon as you give them the vin.

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My insurance has stated that any new vehicle I acquire is instantly covered for up to a set amount of days. I just call it in and give them the VIN before that grace period expires.

Will2497

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tax should be based on where you live, not where you buy. Reach out to Tom and see what he offers. That way you can make an informed decision. What is your reservation date? Mine was 7/28/2020.
I'm a late October reservation, was wanting to wait for MY22 no matter what

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Granger should give you a temp plate. That will be fine. I just drove around in Illinois with a North Carolina temp plate for months just because of all the DMV and registration issues going on here.
Sponsored