First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Call your agent and explain...they'll cover it as soon as you give them the vin.
This. When I am satisfied I am taking the vehicle and right after I sign, while the dealer finishes up their paperwork, I call my insurance company and give them the VIN. It's been a while since I financed, but as I recall, the finance companies all require collision insurance before they will do the loan anyway.
Sponsored

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone know of any dealers or show events around the Chicagoland area that will have a Bronco on display? I placed an order for one already, but I really have no idea if I'll have enough head room (didn't on a JL Wrangler) and was hoping to check it out before it's too late.
None yet (that i know of). I heard they wont have them until late Spring.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

None yet (that i know of). I heard they wont have them until late Spring.
I'd first heard November. And here I thought they meant 2020...lol. Must be 21!

Will2497

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone know of any dealers or show events around the Chicagoland area that will have a Bronco on display? I placed an order for one already, but I really have no idea if I'll have enough head room (didn't on a JL Wrangler) and was hoping to check it out before it's too late.
Check out this thread: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ler-events-to-see-the-bronco-in-person.13080/

Looks like Southeast Michigan dealers will be hosting some, and hopefully this expands our way

TEEDEE

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Edge, 2018 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm checking in from Grundy County. Lets hope the Southwest suburban Ford dealers get together and shows us some Broncos!

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Guy in st. Charles says no word for here..

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had my reservation originally through Fox Ford in Chicago, and ended up changing it to Roesch Ford. Fox wanted $1000 non refundable deposit and said I needed to lock in the order by 2/16 at the time, which is false. Roesch had a $400 fully refundable deposit that goes towards the price of the vehicle when we take delivery. The refundable deposit was important to me because I'm tall enough to where I don't know 100% if I'll have enough head room in the Bronco. Outside of all that, Fox Ford just wasn't all that great.
Just updating with my own experience. Was finally contacted yesterday by Fox Ford in Chicago. Guy was very nice and professional. We discussed price (MSRP, firm, but no ADM) and deposit ($500 refundable at time of order conversion). I asked about their reservation vs allocation figures (~400 res's and ~100 initial allocation). I have a late (7/26) res but he advised me as it stood at time of call I was falling into their initial allocation (maybe, maybe not, but let's roll with that). I pointed out my spec was filled with lots of items that had a high probability of constraint - 4 dr Badlands with dual top, Lux package and 2.7L motor. I told him I had a saved config from Ford B&P from December I could email him that he could compare against WBDO and he could get back to me; emailed it to him. Later he called back and said he was seeing some kind of discrepancy and could we walk through it together by making new build at B&P. Told him I was watching hockey game and I'd build a new one at next intermission; he was leaving shortly so I said no worries you can call me back tomorrow - which he did.

BTW some changes to the B&P are maddening - like it seems to assume you are leasing because I couldn't understand why my new build's summary had an acquisition fee. Scrolling back I finally found where Lease vs Buy is toggled - never had that before.

So this morning he called me back and said my config looked good and just need to come into the dealership to convert the order. What? I asked why, during a pandemic, do I need to come into dealership? I do business for the job all the time with exchanges of pdf's and we mark them up and return them, back and forth, until everything's agreed to and we do electronic signatures. I'm high risk, my wife is higher, and this is an issue for me. At this point the only reason I had been forgoing the discounts available at other dealers was the (remote) possibility that I could get a MY 21 AND stay local. Getting a MY21 was NOT more important that risking my wife's health, though, so I thanked him and told him I was going to xfer.

So, at least in my case, Fox wasn't demanding a non-refundable deposit and it was only $500. Still sucks to tie up $500 for a vehicle you won't see for a year or so - I had suggested that a fairer solution would be once the order advanced to the stage where the issuance of a VIN was imminent then the customer would be asked to make the deposit, but I understood their position.

So, long story longer, I xfer'd to Granger. Got an email from Ford right away and a call from Granger about an hour or so later (went to VM), called back and left my own VM that their contact details were correct.

Were it not for covid, based upon the interaction I had with the salesperson at Fox, I think I'd have been fine to do business with them. He was pleasant and professional and should the situation arise in the future I'd definitely give them an opportunity.

buildbigboats

Black Diamond
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Came across this guy rather randomly while researching undercoating. He is a Ford tech, has his own shop in Yorkville and has a very informative Ford focused YouTube channel. His YouTube videos on Woolwax undercoating convinced me that that is what I'm going to use on my Bronco. Have no experience working with him but thought some folks in the area might be interested in checking him out.
http://bsgautomotive.com/

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Came across this guy rather randomly while researching undercoating. He is a Ford tech, has his own shop in Yorkville and has a very informative Ford focused YouTube channel. His YouTube videos on Woolwax undercoating convinced me that that is what I'm going to use on my Bronco. Have no experience working with him but thought some folks in the area might be interested in checking him out.
Great! Thanks for info! Yorkville isn't too far from me!

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Drafting_Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 GT/CS, 20 Honda Insight EX & 19 Mazda CX9
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've used him for work on my Mustang and F-150. Great guy to work with.

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For anyone buying a soft top now, to buy the Mod top later: I will be in the market for a soft top down the line so hit me up.

AceGoliath

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX SAS , 22 Maverick XLT, 10 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've used him for work on my Mustang and F-150. Great guy to work with.
I've used him as well. I plan on continuing to use only him for non warranty work beyond my limits. Local dealers started to slip on quality of work. Not to mention the $$$. I knew of him before and his videos have helped me do a bunch of work on my own.

My F150 had a turbo system under boost code with very sluggish power and I didn't feel like diagnosing it on my own. He did a complete diagnostic of my turbo system and only charged me a couple hundred over parts. He is very reasonable, knowledgeable, and great guy to do business with. He usually keeps busy. I believe I waited 2-3 weeks for him to take a look at my truck, but I had other means of transportation. He has since obtained a 2nd lift and trained up his son to help out.

Here is a video he made of my truck:

TS_Bronco_12

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, Outer Banks 2.7L, Velocity Blue, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Awesome! I Was just thinking about undercoating options too, so glad you posted this info

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also for anyone that is getting a MIC with the headliner for free that doesn't want it, or wants to upgrade to an aftermarket, I think mine may be coming without it and I'll trade.
Sponsored