Sponsored

Anybody currently driving tuner cars? Planning on keeping it when you get your Bronco?

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I own an 2013 STI and have owned 2017 STI (totaled in an accident RIP), as well as other "tuner" cars including a 350z, Mazdaspeed3, and a couple more. Tuner cars are sort if ingrained in me, and like any other enthusiast, I like going fast! That said, as I have gotten older I find Im getting on that throttle a lot less. I dont really have time for those spirited mountain road drives anymore, and I don't auto-x like I used to.

So, I have been going back and forth on whether or not I want to keep my STI, on which I have coil overs and a handful of other suspension modifications. On one hand its absolutely a blast to drive, it owns those snow covered mount roads on ski trips, due to its amazing AWD system. But on the other hand, being one of the most expensive cars to insure (like even more than a vette for me), it costs me almost double my normal payment to keep it. I know I will miss it, if I end up trading it in, or selling it. Although my Bronco will probably satisfy my lead foot during day to day driving, its just not the same. The big thing for me is the cost of insurance, I know I can afford it, and maybe my insurance would be cheaper if I am not daily driving the thing, but its hard to justify with a brand new Bronco also sitting in the drive way. I love off-roading as well, which I have also missed and haven't been able to do in quite some time, and I know the bronco will do great in the snow when I go skiing, so there's that... tough decision! 🤣

So I am curious, how many of you currently drive "tuner" cars? What do you drive? And what are your plans with you take delivery of your Bronco? Trading in? Selling? Keeping? Relegating to track duty?
Sponsored

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not a tuner car, per se, but I have two different Dinan BMWs that I plan on keeping. M235 and 328 Sport Wagon to be specific. Bronco will be an addition, I don't like selling cars prefer to hoard.

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sold my Focus RS back in June. Just picked up a WRX Wagon stupid cheap last week to tinker with until the Bronco comes.

I got bored driving the wife’s Pilot around and need something entertaining for the next few months.

Broncie

Raptor
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I've never owned a truck before, and I absolutely love my current car, so I'm hoping to keep both. I think "tuner" cars are practically the polar opposite of the Bronco, so they'll both have pros and cons for certain situations/needs.

I have a 13' Accord Coupe, not exactly a tuner car lol, but it doesn't have much value left because of the mileage, so I wouldn't get a ton of money if I sold it. Riding around in a sporty car versus a bronco I'm sure is a completely different vibe, and I like the opportunity to have both! I did an insurance quote for adding the Bronco to my policy (using a similarly priced Ford truck), and it would run me $500 extra a year which is very doable for me.

Sponsored

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Same for me as @BEM-S4 above: not really a tuner car but keeping my M3 and adding Bronco to the fleet. Will split daily duties between the two (and the motorcycle) and track the M. It will be nice to not have to worry about inclines, curbs and potholes on the way to work once life gets back to normal!

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don’t do it, you’ll regret it.

Wife is getting the Bronco, I have a scat pack. 4X4 and speed, best of both worlds.

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same for me as @BEM-S4 above: not really a tuner car but keeping my M3 and adding Bronco to the fleet. Will split daily duties between the two (and the motorcycle) and track the M. It will be nice to not have to worry about inclines, curbs and potholes on the way to work once life gets back to normal!
Yeah I'm not a track guy but my convertible will be the fun weekend car and something to tinker with (Stage 2, FMIC, CF CAI, MPE, Bavsound, etc.). Wagon (Stage 1, BBK, Vorsteiner, Bavsound, etc.) is the last thing I bought my late father and my Cannonball car... that's reserved for parade duty now. So good weather, fun driving convertible. Special occasion wagon. Daily beat it up duty... Bronco.

Sponsored

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

B5 S4 and a B8 A4 daily. The B8 is going, but the B5 will get driven until the wheels fall off. I grew up in trucks and Jeeps, so having both should scratch the itch nicely.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Get your Bronco tuned.

Add a spoiler
Ford Bronco Anybody currently driving tuner cars? Planning on keeping it when you get your Bronco? Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 1.27.33 PM

22" rims, with these tires
Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Some big exhaust tips
Ford Bronco Anybody currently driving tuner cars? Planning on keeping it when you get your Bronco? Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 1.27.33 PM

You'll be ready to go! No need to keep your other car.
I saw a Dodge Ram with an exhaust like that once. I laughed and laughed and laughed for a good hour.

OP
OP
LostInArizona

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One funny little detail as a side note... Not that it makes much of a difference with regards to my decision but it does sort of negates any sort of daily driver MPG arguments that could be made. The 2.7 actually gets much better gas mileage the the EJ25 in my STI. 😆

Escape Hatch

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mk7 GTI, 19 Atlas SE w/ tech R Line V6 4 motion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I own an 2013 STI and have owned 2017 STI (totaled in an accident RIP), as well as other "tuner" cars including a 350z, Mazdaspeed3, and a couple more. Tuner cars are sort if ingrained in me, and like any other enthusiast, I like going fast! That said, as I have gotten older I find Im getting on that throttle a lot less. I dont really have time for those spirited mountain road drives anymore, and I don't auto-x like I used to.

So, I have been going back and forth on whether or not I want to keep my STI, on which I have coil overs and a handful of other suspension modifications. On one hand its absolutely a blast to drive, it owns those snow covered mount roads on ski trips, due to its amazing AWD system. But on the other hand, being one of the most expensive cars to insure (like even more than a vette for me), it costs me almost double my normal payment to keep it. I know I will miss it, if I end up trading it in, or selling it. Although my Bronco will probably satisfy my lead foot during day to day driving, its just not the same. The big thing for me is the cost of insurance, I know I can afford it, and maybe my insurance would be cheaper if I am not daily driving the thing, but its hard to justify with a brand new Bronco also sitting in the drive way. I love off-roading as well, which I have also missed and haven't been able to do in quite some time, and I know the bronco will do great in the snow when I go skiing, so there's that... tough decision! 🤣

So I am curious, how many of you currently drive "tuner" cars? What do you drive? And what are your plans with you take delivery of your Bronco? Trading in? Selling? Keeping? Relegating to track duty?
Yup, I have a 2 door mk7 GTI S with lighting and preformance pack. I have over $13k in mods on the car and pushing 470 whp. Thing is a blast to drive and a total sleeper. Like you I am starting to slow down, not sure if I will keep the car or sell it. Paid off but could help with the down payment on the Bronco.

Ford Bronco Anybody currently driving tuner cars? Planning on keeping it when you get your Bronco? 20190728_164605

Ford Bronco Anybody currently driving tuner cars? Planning on keeping it when you get your Bronco? 20201229_141332

OP
OP
LostInArizona

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup, I have a 2 door mk7 GTI S with lighting and preformance pack. I have over $13k in mods on the car and pushing 470 whp. Thing is a blast to drive and a total sleeper. Like you I am starting to slow down, not sure if I will keep the car or sell it. Paid off but could help with the down payment on the Bronco.

Damn man, that thing is a beauty! Tough decision there for sure!

Here is an admittedly bad pic of my STI as it sits currently.

Ford Bronco Anybody currently driving tuner cars? Planning on keeping it when you get your Bronco? PXL_20210222_194032767
Sponsored