First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Ford Mustang, Mazda CX5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Today I am leaning toward the Big Bend - 4 door, dual mod/soft tops, 2.7 auto, 4.27 rear-(for larger tires later) mid package, sig lights, floor liners. MSRP just under 46K.

Would add a factory lift if available as I plan on going to a larger tire after initial set wears out. May end up doing Katskins as well.
Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's what I'm slowly landing on

2Door
A51
Mic Roof
2.7 v6 Auto
Adv 4x4
Mid
Floor Liners
Tow

$44,725

Maybes:
Roof Rack
Sound deadening headliner

$45,585

I've been trying to balance creature comforts (heated seats, Auto A/C, headliner) with off-road capability ( at least a rear locker) with power (v6). Auto is a non-negotiable. My wife wants to drive it. (But who am I kidding, I can't drive manual either 😢)Also, no need for a 4 door (no kids) and while the Black top is interesting, its not 1.8k interesting.

Lower trim levels (BB, base) require squatch to get a rear locker, and since I plan to have this as my Daily, I'm not too interested in 35's. BL with a v6 gets you to 47,725 without any of the creature comforts.

And lets be honest, my previous vehicles have all been sedans and Econoboxes, A Subaru or a Bronco Sport will be more than capable for whatever adventuring I'll end up doing. So I don't know if bumping up to Squatch or Badlands with a v6 is even worth it.

Do I have any glaring holes in my thinking? Will I have any regrets going with this build?
I think you'll good to go and that's pretty much the logic I used as well.

Maineah

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Order Placed - family man daily driver...
4 Door
2.3L Auto
Carbonized Grey
Mid package
MIC top
Sound Deadening
Roof rails
Tow
Floor liners
Keypad entry
Mesh Bimini

Probably upgrade wheels/tires and/or suspension via aftermarket - hopefully cheaper...

BTW - we NEED more pics of doors on, top off but windows down - specifically 4 door versions...I think that's best in show look...

Sponsored

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am going BD 4dr, 2.7, Mid Pkg, probably keeping the soft top out of the gate...color TBD. I admittedly will probably not go off road much, but like the idea of it. This will be my daily driver, dropped-top joy rider for me, my wife and three kids, and general, all-purpose kid hauler.

I intended to go BB, but can’t bring myself to go cloth seats after over a decade of leather, plus I am not a fan of the BB grill and wheels, so it became a race between BD and OBX. I don’t like the OBX step rail and body colored fenders/mirrors, plus would have to pay extra for leather. I think I’ll like the MGV and I’d rather my money go towards the off-roading capability that I may not use and more rugged look than towards interior luxuries I can do without and the mall crawler look. Although my Bronc will most certainly be a hockey arena and baseball field crawler, loaded up with my kids’ gear.

I just hope the washout floor drains can allow chicken nugget fragments to freely pass!
I guess those extra switches won’t be getting much use either ?

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Order Placed - family man daily driver...
4 Door
2.3L Auto
Carbonized Grey
Mid package
MIC top
Sound Deadening
Roof rails
Tow
Floor liners
Keypad entry
Mesh Bimini

Probably upgrade wheels/tires and/or suspension via aftermarket - hopefully cheaper...

BTW - we NEED more pics of doors on, top off but windows down - specifically 4 door versions...I think that's best in show look...

I'm a family man as well. But my two boys (10, 12) haul their narrow asses out of the only passenger side door my BD has. Couldn't resist the 2dr.

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 Door Black Diamond
Cactus Gray
2.7L Automatic
Advanced 4x4
Mid Package
Roof Rails
Tow Package
Paint Protection Film

Not sure what I'm going to do about wheels. The call of the 'squatch is strong, but I've been resisting. I don't like the look of the wider fender flares, and potential lack of articulation.

dominicenoa

Badlands
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 Door Black Diamond
Cactus Gray
2.7L Automatic
Advanced 4x4
Mid Package
Roof Rails
Tow Package
Paint Protection Film

Not sure what I'm going to do about wheels. The call of the 'squatch is strong, but I've been resisting. I don't like the look of the wider fender flares, and potential lack of articulation.
For me squatch-wise, it's tempting but I honestly like the look of 33s more than the 35s (and it'll be better on the roads where I'll spend most of my time). Passing on the 'squatch and planning to lift it and get some good 33s and I think it'll look fantastic.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I could have gotten the high package in a Black Diamond, that would have been my build. I'm pretty sure BD with high package would have been the most popular build if it was allowed.

Once I decided I had to have high package, that pushed me to BL based on comparing similar OBX/BL/WT builds. And once I was spending 55k on a BL with high, I said, what's an extra $1500 at that point and added LUX.

I'd be willing to bet a lot of BL/LUX builds went through a similar thought process that I did.

What I really WANT is a sub $50k black diamond with high package!

Sponsored

argrin

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tacoma TRD Offroad, KTM 690 E, Husky FE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want the MT with Mid, so no BD for me I guess.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I want the MT with Mid, so no BD for me I guess.
Since it's almost a guarantee that I'll end up with a 2022, I am crossing my fingers for MT with Mid being available for BD. I will live without the Mid before I live without MT (and my steelies).🥰

zrizik99

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2016
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I want more real-world pictures of the black diamond..I feel like everything is badlands and wildtrak. We need some more real-world photos and walk-arounds!

Getting a BD, but bummed out about the rear tail lights not being the LED lights. Just not willing to pay Badlands prices for taillights.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Likely to change when I reenter the order as a 2022...

Black Diamond,
2-door,
Oxford White,
Manual,
Standard steel wheels,
Roof rack,
Headliner,
Floor liners,
Tow package
(and not the advanced 4x4)

FstFrd00

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gunsmithingtx.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The call of the 'squatch was too much. My BD build is currently 2.3, mid, SAS,

I want more real-world pictures of the black diamond..I feel like everything is badlands and wildtrak. We need some more real-world photos and walk-arounds!
BN is supposed to be doing a BD walk-around soon
Sponsored