Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One interesting bit of news from DealerInsider's communication that has been overlooked is the news on White Modular Tops for MY22 being restricted to certain series. With all the threads being merged into the monolith of bad news, many are only focused on the immediate mod top buyers getting kicked to MY22. I know there were quite a few who wanted the white top who may have been anticipating adding it to the lower trims. With this latest news, it seems to be clear that Ford will only make the white top option available to the higher trims and special editions.
This isn't the first we heard of that. It was rumored before but this confirms it.
Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
To 90% of the people whose reaction on March 19th to the free sound deadening announcement was "c'mon, why are you so negative? There's nothing to read into. Why cant you just take good news?"...

Well, some of us called it - wait until March 19th (a very special day when the orders are locked in) with awfully suspicious good news with no explanation, followed by imminent bad news. You could see why they were giving away the sound deadening from a mile away, and it had every bit to do with the mod tops getting pushed out, as we thought. Maybe it's just me, but their "strategic" moves have been incredibly obvious throughout this entire launch.

Simmy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All American
Your Bronco Model
Base
More info / announcement:

CONVERSION TO ORDERS:
  • Updating you today on Bronco conversation rate: We have seen 125,000 customers convert their order from the more than 190,000 Bronco 2-door and 4-door reservations in the U.S. and Canada
    • 70 percent higher trim series (Badlands, Wildtrak, First Edition, Outer Banks)
    • More than 60 percent + 2.7-liter V6
PRODUCTION CHALLENGES:
  • COVID19 has had an impact to our hardtop roof supplier.
  • The hardtop roof challenges combined with orders of more than 125,000 compounds an already short 2021 model year production schedule and means more customers will get a 2022 model year Bronco.
  • The black painted modular hardtop and dual-top roof options will now move into the 2022 model year
  • Customers who currently have the black painted modular hardtop or dual top roof selected will have the following options (your MSRP price will be adjusted accordingly):
    • Order the carbonized gray molded-in-color hard top roof
    • Order the black soft top roof; Excludes Wildtrak and 2-door
    • Wait for black painted modular hardtop or dual top roof option for 2022 model year
    • Customers will now have until April 8 to work with your dealer to update/modify their order
HOW WILL I BE NOTIFIED:
  • We are sending letters today to thank customers affected by the roof change for their patience
COMPENSATION:
  • Ford is providing up to 200,000 FordPass Rewards Points (a $1,000 value) which they can use to personalize their Bronco through Ford Accessories. (applies to all First Edition and customers who ordered Mod or Dual top roof and switch for 21MY)
  • We are maintaining 2021 model year pricing through the 2022 model year for all order and reservation holders as of March 19 waiting for their Bronco.
  • In addition, 2022 model year customers will have new choices for colors and special editions starting next year
  • In addition, providing waiting customers a $250 voucher for all order holders as of March 19 deadline for early access to any one of four Bronco Off-Roadeos so they can get behind the wheel of a Bronco in the wild.

Sponsored

RPF

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Raptor 15 Q70S/5.6 19 F-450 21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
NO 2022 First Editions. Per the FAQ:

• If a Bronco two-door or four-door First Edition customer does not want the molded-in-color (MIC) roof, what happens to their 2021 order?
    • Given that the Bronco First Edition series is only a 2021 model year, these customers can choose another series by April 8, or keep the First Edition with MIC hardtop. If the customer elects to keep the MIC hardtop, then we are hoping to help make up for this with an additional 200,000 FordPass Rewards Points ($1000 value), when the customer takes delivery of their Bronco. Furthermore, we are providing complimentary sound deadening headliners on all Bronco two-door and four-door models now when ordered with a molded-in-color hard top roof. Since this is a standard option on First Edition series, we’ll be reducing the MSRP by $495.

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford makes an announcement and everyone gets upset. This is hilarious to see so many people upset about this.

My opinions

1. I would rather the release and ordering be a mess then to hear about issues at delivery. Being mad and calling this a huge debacle is just hilarious.

2. Everyone complaining that this is two much to take. Please move on then and help the rest of us out. I know many others would love to get theirs sooner.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
White top only avaible on certain editions so basically if you want that white top it’s going to be saved for the pricey higher end trims like heritage edition bummer
Unless you get it from the Ford Parts Counter. ;)

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Official correspondence from Ford:

Subject: Bronco Production Update

Our team at Michigan Assembly Plant, where the Bronco is born, is on track to begin deliveries this summer, however, today we will be announcing to all Bronco customers who have placed an order the following production changes for 2021MY.
  • The black painted modular hardtop and dual top roofs will move from 21MY late availability to 22MY
  • The Carbonized gray molded-in-color (MIC) roof is now the only roof option for First Edition and WildTrak Broncos
  • A no charge Sound Deadening Headliner for hardtops (previously announced to Dealers 3/19)
  • A customer price protection policy for 2022MY all current Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021)
While we know this news will be frustrating for dealerships and customers, we want you to know we are committed to getting customers the Bronco they want as soon as possible. We are making millions of dollars of incremental investments to increase production of Broncos to meet demand on all these high-end models. We hope to share more information soon.

And some MY2022 UPDATE:

Ford Bronco 🗓  Modular Painted Top and Dual Tops Pushed to 2022 (Cloth and MIC tops only available at launch) + green color and white top confirmed Photo_20210325_141159
This pisses me off so much. So much.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
This kinda pisses me off. Like maybe they should have said "coming 2022" last summer and delayed reservations until this summer... idiots
There should be no 2021 vins, ive been shouting from the roof tops for months.

make public all the options in mind, let everyone pick exactly what they want, knowing they’re going to wait one way or another.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I could only imagine that the option packages, however they are split up etc will not change for MY22. That is the only way they could keep the prices the same. If you start mixing up MID and HIGH and whatnot then you're changing the price points.

Re: green paint - if it is metallic then don't forget to add the 495/695 whatever it is for CO and RapR
Yeah, doubtful they change those or it will be a disaster.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No way this will happen. Look at the forum discussions on this. You could have 5 shades of green and still make someone upset.
Oh. I'm aware 😆. I can't recall any that were suggested that I've hated tho. So, they'd really have to bork things for me not to go that route. I've been a solid MY22 for awhile now so I'm not too put out by today's news.
Sponsored