Chester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure where you’re getting that information from. The cloth they’re referring to is the top not the cheap seats.
Thank you for clarifying this. I was getting very confused.
Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My biggest question is - when all the dust settles - will you be able to buy a MOD/Painted Top through aftermarket? I guess there is no telling if a top from MY23 would fit a MY21...have they even confirmed that MY22 tops will be interchangeable with MY21?

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe I missed it, but what of this new news makes a given FE build any less likely to be produced very early on in the first production run (other than late availability black interior, which wasn’t even an option originally)?
I guess you have a point, but many people wanted the black interior and/or mod top. And was Sasquatch going to push First Editions back farther than base and Big Bends without Squatch?
I just think Ford would have been better served to call it something other than "First".

I think that point has been proven by many upset people on this forum.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Well, here we are, those that ordered the Black MOD top and the bad news that comes with it. Like I always say, if you dont ask the answer it always going to be NO. So I asked for the Black MOD TOP and was told NO, so now what? I change to the MIC top by 4/8? Then what? Sometime in April I get another email from Ford saying the one of my other choices won't be available in MY 21 either? Its like getting to the goal line and they move it. Grrrrrrr One question I have is, when would I expect my ride if I stuck with my choice on the Black MOD Top in MY22?
April 1, 2022 or 2023

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I guess you have a point, but many people wanted the black interior and/or mod top. And was Sasquatch going to push First Editions back farther than base and Big Bends?
I just think Ford would have been better served to call it something other than "First".
Ah ok. I haven’t heard anything about SAS delaying FEs that don’t have black interior, but who knows at this point...

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ah ok. I haven’t heard anything about SAS delaying FEs that don’t have black interior, but who knows at this point...
You may be right on that.

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well since I ordered both mod and soft tops for my WT at 2,495 instead of going with the free MIC top ( comes with WT not free I guess ) thinking that the mod tops late availability was still in 2021 at least, I do not want my 21 in 22 so I will just purchase the tops when they become available still costing me 2,495 either way.
Might even use that 1000 $ to go towards the tops that we are getting "for our inconvenience " so it's not all bad new to all. :unsure:
Just an FYI, I was told (way before today's news) that purchasing a hardtop that does not come with delivery of your bronco will cost significantly more than the cost on the B&P. Reason I was told is that shipping is gonna cost a lot. Honestly, I could see it being $1000+ more if shipping both tops.

Not to mention the B&P additional cost is really a replacement cost since you are really swapping out the MIC top in your scenario.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or maybe we should count our blessings that our lives are so easy that we can obsess over a ridiculous impractical, but really cool, new car and get upset over trivial changes to its delivery schedule.
Or maybe be condescending like this post is.

Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Maybe I missed it, but what of this new news makes a given FE build any less likely to be produced very early on in the first production run (other than late availability black interior, which wasn’t even an option originally)?
Because all FE's will be '21's. There is no chance an FE is getting built in 22 so they will take priority over any other trim with constrained materials.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wonder what does it mean by "A customer price protection policy for 2022MY all current Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021)"

I have a Reservation but did not convert it into an Order. Will be doing it for 2022MY whenever they open the order books either in May or October 2021. Does the above price protection apply to me? or only for customer who have converted to orders by March 19th?

Will there be a Price Increase for 2023MY? and all orders until 2022MY will have the Current Price as shown in B&P?

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No on the points, yes on the black, all the FAQ. and emails are consistent with the options and the points. if you swap series (like from an FE to BL), you don't get the points when downgrading to the MIC, even if you get a 2021MY.
I didn't read it that way. I only saw it as you ordered mod/dual top so if you take a 21 with mic top you get $1k Ford Bux. Goes for any model. Nothing mentioned about not qualifying if you downgrade, but if you end up with a '22 different story.

Drafting_Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 GT/CS, 20 Honda Insight EX & 19 Mazda CX9
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
39 pages of pure gold right here :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just an FYI, I was told (way before today's news) that purchasing a hardtop that does not come with delivery of your bronco will cost significantly more than the cost on the B&P. Reason I was told is that shipping is gonna cost a lot. Honestly, I could see it being $1000+ more if shipping both tops.

Not to mention the B&P additional cost is really a replacement cost since you are really swapping out the MIC top in your scenario.
Hell that would suck then, just sent off mail to my dealership to change my tops already, so I sould find out tomorrow if its going to be extra cost to me or not.
If your right, good thing I am made of $ . Lol
Sponsored