Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here’s a BD for comparison.

@BroncMO It sounds like the upper door panels are definitely better. But was the upper dash any different than what is shown in this video? It sounds like the answer is yes, like it’s simply the same plastic but wrapped in some rubbery material but still hard and flexes to the touch. But an improvement nonetheless
@rmc523 hey, so just to be 1000% sure what you saw on the OBX dash and upper door was NOT like this (black diamond video above)
Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He meant that all mentions of the High Level IP was removed from the latest version of the Bronco specific ordering guide.
so if it was there at order time for the particular model one ordered, will we see a discount if there's really no difference (what ever it might have been) between models? Ford should clarify this change directly then, not let us analyze photos of pre-production units.
I like the dashboard as is, don't need soft/squishy/leather/wood/etc, but if it was part of what I agreed to pay for and now it's not there, then I'd like to see a discount applied.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

An option for high level instrument panel,has that 1st Gen retro feel .

Ford Bronco Revisiting the "High Level Instrument Panel" Mystery [Update: There Is No Such Thing] 1619382215461
This is what I would have liked to seen. I’m sure they could have been more creative than what it is. Not the end of the world but I see a lot more of the instrument panel than I do the signature headlights.

OP
OP
ZackDanger

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so if it was there at order time for the particular model one ordered, will we see a discount if there's really no difference (what ever it might have been) between models? Ford should clarify this change directly then, not let us analyze photos of pre-production units.
I like the dashboard as is, don't need soft/squishy/leather/wood/etc, but if it was part of what I agreed to pay for and now it's not there, then I'd like to see a discount applied.
Why would they owe you a discount for not including something that was never defined and we didn’t even know what it was? Especially when Ford has been pretty explicit about these being non-production units.

You can always ask your lawyer to determine a dollar value on your losses and bring Ford to court over it.

“DID YOU RESERVE A BRONCO? YOU MAY BE ENTITLED TO FINANCIAL COMPENSATION!”

Last edited:

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This discussion started in another thread by @Lilj4425, @jaruss01 and @Beach_Bum , but I thought it was valuable to pull it out and get more eyes and data on it.

Now that we are getting our hands on Broncos, we may be able to suss out exactly what the High Level Instrument Panel means once and for all. It seems that it is tied to what materials are used on the dash and doors, with the HLIP being soft-touch, and the other trims being hard plastic.

In the the latest B&P, it is only mentioned two times. Both under "Interior/Comfort" and only in OB and BL standard equipment descriptions. It does not appear tied to package (lux) or seating material (leather). (WT and FE both include all standard equipment found on OB and BL, respectively, so while not listed separately, it's suggested the HLIP is included on those trims as well.)

I think if more people could weight in and confirm/dis-confirm if and what dash and door panel materials are unique to the OB and BL trims, we might be able to know exactly what it is and which trim pieces differ.

So far it appears it's dash and the upper door panel area above the armrest.

Here is the discussion from the other thread for context, data, and credit:
I was in an OBX leather High package yesterday. Heres a quick video of the dash. Mine in burnt/onyx is being built late june.
Does this help?

Attachments

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was in an OBX leather High package yesterday. Heres a quick video of the dash. Mine in burnt/onyx is being built late june.
Does this help?
Video doesn’t seem to work

Rpm

Wildtrak
First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
He meant that all mentions of the High Level IP was removed from the latest version of the Bronco specific ordering guide.
Could it be that revised order guide means Ford is being "generous" and High Level IP is now standard across all trims.

Rpm

Wildtrak
First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I see that the OBX bronze dash has changed to now have a texture, and seems darker as well vs the old (2nd one below). Will want to see a picture with the new dash together with the roast cloth seats in the same frame to see how that looks now.

D2A14966-2396-4166-A9FD-C80F5BFB8136.jpeg

80EB2B4A-094E-4CD2-951B-ABC18FEC4989.jpeg
Back in January in the other thread improved interiors was mentioned.

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did you knock on both dashes and push your finger into it to see if it was somewhat soft touch? Not sure if a visual comparison is going to bear any fruit.
Yes I did touch both. I didn't flick or knock or scratch but that kinda proves my point. If I can't tell visually, or with a slight touch its gimmicky and not worth worrying about. When I get in my wifes 2019 Expedition I don't need to do those extra tactile functions to tell the soft touch premium surfaces, they are apparent. Really, I wouldn't want those in a Bronco, her dash is not easy to clean. What I would like to have seen is the ActiveX material used on the seats as on option on the Bronco instead of leather. They are the best seats that we have ever had. No creasing, no wrinkles, still look brand new almost two years later.

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
High-Level Instrument Panel
"The instrument finish panels and appliques have sophisticated technical grains and an array of colors that would make any occupant feel in harmony with their own personal tastes."

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why would they owe you a discount for not including something that was never defined and we didn’t even know what it was? Especially when Ford has been pretty explicit about these being non-production units.

You can always ask your lawyer to determine a dollar value on your losses and bring Ford to court over it.

“DID YOU RESERVE A BRONCO? YOU MAY BE ENTITLED TO COMPENSATION!”
whoa, slow down there, LOL.
I know they discounted the FE because they can't have the shiny roof now, so if what ever this premium something fancy dashboard was supposed to be is not happening (don't care) but it's cost is still rolled into and reflected in my base price at order time in January when it (supposedly) was included, I'd like that adjusted, that's all.

I'm totally fine with an all plastic dash, that's what I've had in all my prior vehicles.

I also don't have a lawyer, nor do I care to ever speak to one if I can avoid it, LOL. And what ever the price diff might be won't be worth my time, just was wondering since they adjusted for other things before. Wasn't planning on running an informercial on late night TV :-D

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My oh my, do we have some time on our hands. 😂. I can’t imagine Bronco 1G through 5G owners getting down to these details. Don’t get me wrong, I love reading these threads about stuff that I wouldn’t have thought of before. Keep it coming!

Part of my afternoon was spent with neighbors helping each other coax a dog of another neighbor down off a roof who ripped through a second floor window screen and made his way over the top of the front roof, to the backside. Luckily everything ended well.