Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang, 2015 Outback
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I just want a tachometer. Analog. Digital. I don't care. It's of mild importance when driving a stick to understand your RPMs. Ideally, they'd replace the unnecessary analog speedometer with a tach on the manuals.
Ford Bronco high-level instrument panel 1602683048905

Meh, every Manual transmission truck I have ever owned hasn't had a tach at all. You really dont need one unless you are trying to stretch evert rev out of it. You just listen to it.
Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really? Are you planning to race the Bronco? I can understand when first starting out but you learn by feel when to shift. I can tell you I RARELY look at RPMs when shifting a manual. After a bit, the old butt dyno kicks in and you figure out where the motor likes to be.

The old YJ just gets wrapped out before I shift anymore but that’s with a T18. LOTSA space between those gears.
Yeah, this. You can feel and hear when to shift. Oddly enough, my last manual was a YJ. ?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, this. You can feel and hear when to shift. Oddly enough, my last manual was a YJ. ?
The race bike in my profile pic doesn't even have a tach... It's amazing how after you get a feel for driving stick, you just start to ignore the tach.... and then you don't even miss it.

I will say that in some cars, the tach can be a really great way to quickly check if it's still running... which isn't an issue with that motorcycle... not only do you know when it's running, so does everyone else within 100 feet.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The race bike in my profile pic doesn't even have a tach... It's amazing how after you get a feel for driving stick, you just start to ignore the tach.... and then you don't even miss it.
Yep. What bike is that?

Sponsored

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

In Ranger Lariat it gets their version of the info screens with LCD to the left and right of the analog speedo (in center), it's helpful that the split screens are controlled by steering wheel buttons on their respective side of the wheel.

That being said, the digital cluster in Bronco has been a selling point for me and looks great. While I do prefer an analog speedo (especially at low speeds such as offroading), I wish they would finally go back to the direct linkage of a transmission gear driven speed spring.

The joys of finding the right toothed speedo gear for your wheel and tire size was exhilarating!

Ranger display:
Ford Bronco high-level instrument panel coqh8050
That's old school. Ford introduced that in 2011 with Sync2 and MyFordTouch.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh man that is beautiful
(off topic alert)

Thanks! She's currently in pieces after the timing chain roller grenaded itself, cam shaft jumped 2 teeth, and I bent the waves.

Shot of the valve looking down the intake with the head off:

(That valve was "fully seated"... for everyone else, that's supposed to be air tight)

Ford Bronco high-level instrument panel IMG_7196.JPG
Ford Bronco high-level instrument panel 62154762880__3DB47C91-E154-4E37-9F71-4C32E243A275.JPG

Last edited:

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the lower level instrument panels on the Bronco are like the base Sport, I'd be happy. I just really want a tach since I am getting a manual. Although honestly I don't spend a lot of time looking at it, don't rely on it to know when to shift, I just like having it there. And I still prefer analog to digital.
Ford Bronco high-level instrument panel 1602903307844

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco high-level instrument panel B03D6E80-5475-4CB4-8B43-FD17175853C0

from @damarble
Screen looks nice all lit up. Still not sure if this is the infamous high-level panel or not. Also, hope you can make that white screen go away when driving.

Sponsored

AbeFroman

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I know this isn’t the instrument panel, but I didn’t want to start a new thread. Does anyone know what these buttons to the left of the headlight switch do? It looks like illustrations of the mirrors, but I’m not sure for what?
Ford Bronco high-level instrument panel A922FC4D-6D4B-4E95-B08F-250895E1D7A0

Reldn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4Runner SR5P, '17 Patriot, '04 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know this isn’t the instrument panel, but I didn’t want to start a new thread. Does anyone know what these buttons to the left of the headlight switch do? It looks like illustrations of the mirrors, but I’m not sure for what?
Ford Bronco high-level instrument panel A922FC4D-6D4B-4E95-B08F-250895E1D7A0
I think those are for the LED Approach Lamps included in the High Package. I noticed in the build and price if you select the Mid Package then those buttons don't show up in the interior image, however, those buttons show up if you bring up the image of the interior with the High Package included.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think those are for the LED Approach Lamps included in the High Package. I noticed in the build and price if you select the Mid Package then those buttons don't show up in the interior image, however, those buttons show up if you bring up the image of the interior with the High Package included.
Correct. Those are the lamps located in the mirrors. I’m not sure if they will be able to stay on while moving because they don’t in the F-150, but they make decent work lights.

EDIT: I couldn’t remember exactly how those lights worked so I played with them in the parking lot at work this morning and they are EXTREMELY helpful for putting light out to the sides of the vehicle. I am not sure if it’s the speed that shuts the lights off or if there’s a timer after you put it in gear, but I have no street lamps in a large parking lot at work and these made it very easy to see the lines. I hope once you activate one of the GOAT modes you can drive with these on indefinitely. If not, I’m sure there is a setting you can change with an aftermarket programmer like how you can make it so fog lights can stay on with high beams on Jeeps.

Last edited:

AbeFroman

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I was guessing that the approach lamps were puddle lights as you come into the vehicle. If already inside, not sure you would need buttons, or separate ones for left and right side individually. I also noticed it’s only on high or lux. But can’t think of other lights related to the mirrors either...
Sponsored