Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've seen this mentioned a couple times and just saw that it was pulled from the order guide. Anyone have any info on what it actually was supposed to be?
Sponsored

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It’s a free upgrade but you have to email Robert Gunderson at the MAP directly. It is part of the 85BS accessory group. It includes an upgraded 455mm center touchscreen with navigation voiced by Harrison Ford and super subgeared 12 speed transmission yielding 34 and 78 mpg respectively.

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Last edited:

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm resurrecting this thread as pictures just surfaced from Chapman Ford in Lancaster of a 2-dr AMB OBX High package with roast interior. These were posted today (6/24/21) and shared by Heidi at Bronco Battalion.
Ford Bronco Revisiting the "High Level Instrument Panel" Mystery [Update: There Is No Such Thing] AMB OBX

Ford Bronco Revisiting the "High Level Instrument Panel" Mystery [Update: There Is No Such Thing] Roast Texture HLIP

Even though we were told by BN that the HLIP disappeared from the MY21 Bronco, the interior picture above seems to show a textured dash. @ZackDanger @jaruss01

OP
OP
ZackDanger

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm resurrecting this thread as pictures just surfaced from Chapman Ford in Lancaster of a 2-dr AMB OBX High package with roast interior. These were posted today (6/24/21) and shared by Heidi at Bronco Battalion.
AMB OBX.jpg

Roast Texture HLIP.jpg

Even though we were told by BN that the HLIP disappeared from the MY21 Bronco, the interior picture above seems to show a textured dash. @ZackDanger @jaruss01
After seeing a BD and BL in person, both dashes have a texture and were hard plastic.

What was different was the upper door cards / window sill. The BL had soft foam covering where your arm goes, the BD had hard plastic again.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After seeing a BD and BL in person, both dashes have a texture and were hard plastic.

What was different was the upper door cards / window sill. The BL had soft foam covering where your arm goes, the BD had hard plastic again.
Last week, I sat in a BL with leather but the door card/arm rest area was a soft MGV-like material. The dash was hard plastic but the pseudo-texture didn't look like the picture above.

OP
OP
ZackDanger

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last week, I sat in a BL with leather but the door card/arm rest area was a soft MGV-like material. The dash was hard plastic but the pseudo-texture didn't look like the picture above.
The BL I sat in had that exact dash texture...

Here's a picture I took:

Ford Bronco Revisiting the "High Level Instrument Panel" Mystery [Update: There Is No Such Thing] IMG_0238

Pre-production differences? Maybe the metallic bronze is lending itself to more contrast in the shadows?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Was it a dealer trainer vehicle? Chapman hadn't indicated in the photos that they posted. It could be the bronze/copper provides a greater contrast as Zack mentioned. The BL that I sat in looks like Zack's photo. The gray plastic while "dimpled/textured" didn't look like the photo above from Chapman. If it was a dealer trainer vehicle, they are all pre-production so it might have the remnant of a HLIP.

I'm not trying to insinuate that suddenly buyer's vehicles will show up with a soft-touch HLIP. But it was enough of a contrast to what I sat in last week that it caught my eye wondering why rigs in the end of June are showing up with the unsolved mystery.

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer had a BD and an OBX with leather and I couldn't tell a difference on anything but the carpet and the seat coverings. everything else was the same except for color. This upgrade dash thing needs to die with fire. It must have fell by the wayside in pre production due to COVID crap and I bet we see it down the road. I don't think any Ford model comes with only one instrument cluster and I bet we see an all digital one after they get through reservations next year. I don't think much will change for MY2022 but MY2023 will have different stuff.

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The BL I sat in had that exact dash texture...

Here's a picture I took:

Ford Bronco Revisiting the "High Level Instrument Panel" Mystery [Update: There Is No Such Thing] IMG_0238

Pre-production differences? Maybe the metallic bronze is lending itself to more contrast in the shadows?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Badlands with blue accents? 🤔
News to me.