Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From BN and confirmed by Ford:

"Turns out, the high level instrument panel option that was talked about in some early marketing material for the new Ford Bronco wasn’t actually an option at all. We’ve confirmed with Ford that the IPs on all 2021 Broncos are the same across all series. The option does not include the BYOD rack or a different instrumentation panel. Essentially, the “high level instrument panel” doesn’t exist and is being removed from the order guide. This is why we haven’t included a picture of it in this post.

Mystery solved."

https://thebronconation.com/forums/threads/new-high-level-instrument-panel-information.4446/

@ZackDanger @jaruss01 et al.
Great, so now all our orders are unbuildable and subject to cancellation. 😂
Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because water will soak into the electronics if you are topless.
that's why the leather package costs so much, it makes the interior impervious to rain when the top is off... /s

got_G.O.A.T.?

Base
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here's the link to the BN video going over the interior materials and they repeatedly refer to the dash as the 'IP'. They discuss all of the colors and other options but never mention the actual 'IP' materials. Towards the end, one of the designers says that the door roll overs and center console armrests in all trim levels will be covered in vinyl with the exception of the BL being covered in MGV. On a side note...I'm not sure how a 17 year old gets a job as a Ford interior designer, but good for her! :geek:

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I contemplated wrapping the roast dash black. By wrap, I mean some high quality rubberized material. This kind of pushes me more in that direction if its hard plastic. Although I really dont know much about it, and would not be surprised if installers would simply say no, given 1. fitment (for example where dash meets other parts, such as the hero switch panel), and 2. longevity (melting dash). Maybe leather is more doable.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You mean the video that was torn apart on this forum for apperently two ladies that we claimed didn't know crap fro Sh!!

If there is one thing I've learned from being on this forum for so long is that half of what a Ford rep says is wrong.

Sponsored

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are there different grades of vinyl?

I sat in a couple of broncos with leather and they had vinyl covering the center console and the door trim. I assumed this was MGV? But I thought I remember seeing in another video that there is 'regular' vinyl on some trims and MGV only on BD and Badlands?

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From BN and confirmed by Ford:

"Turns out, the high level instrument panel option that was talked about in some early marketing material for the new Ford Bronco wasn’t actually an option at all. We’ve confirmed with Ford that the IPs on all 2021 Broncos are the same across all series. The option does not include the BYOD rack or a different instrumentation panel. Essentially, the “high level instrument panel” doesn’t exist and is being removed from the order guide. This is why we haven’t included a picture of it in this post.

Mystery solved."

https://thebronconation.com/forums/threads/new-high-level-instrument-panel-information.4446/

@ZackDanger @jaruss01 et al.
2022 confirmed! All you pining for a 2021 while I know I’m getting a 22’, suckers!

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2022 confirmed! All you pining for a 2021 while I know I’m getting a 22’, suckers!
That didn’t confirm it was for 2022. It just confirmed that it was dropped.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are there different grades of vinyl?

I sat in a couple of broncos with leather and they had vinyl covering the center console and the door trim. I assumed this was MGV? But I thought I remember seeing in another video that there is 'regular' vinyl on some trims and MGV only on BD and Badlands?
From my understanding, whenever you upgrade to the "leather trimmed seats" that is a mix of leather and non-MGV.

So even if you ordered the BD or BL that come with MVG, if you update to Leather, you loose the MGV and now get just typical vinyl (also loose wash out flooring in leu of carpet)

As for the stuff on the doors and other interior parts... It does make you wonder if it was EVER MGV at all in any cases or has always been typical vinyl for all trims.

Sponsored

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good
I don't totally agree with this... it may technically be more durable, but at least in a dash material situation, how durable does it need to be?

If you are stabbing the dash, or stepping on it with metal cleats or something, then yes... I would want hard plastic because it is more durable.

But we've got a fleet vehicle with a "soft touch" dash that is very durable and easy to clean... it seems a little thicker and sound absorbing than just a straight sheet of plastic.
Good point, I'll still take hard plastic. Soft touch is just a cheap way to fool some into thinking it's high quality, even reviewers. It's just polystyrene! On my Mazda they had to recall the soft touch part of the dash, the hard plastic has endured 12 years of blistering sun. It's beyond my why people getting worked up because the Bronco dash isn't plushy. It's a Ford Jeep!!! Pretty sure the $150k Benz AMG isn't plushy inside. You want that get a Lexus or Jaguar.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
As
From my understanding, whenever you upgrade to the "leather trimmed seats" that is a mix of leather and non-MGV.

So even if you ordered the BD or BL that come with MVG, if you update to Leather, you loose the MGV and now get just typical vinyl (also loose wash out flooring in leu of carpet)

As for the stuff on the doors and other interior parts... It does make you wonder if it was EVER MGV at all in any cases or has always been typical vinyl for all trims.
As a boat owner for many years MGV to me means total crap. They put the cheapest crap in boats.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Would these shenanigans ever happen with Mercedes or Lexus?

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model