Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am trying to finalize my build and one of the differences between the trims (BB vs OBX) is the instrument panel. BB has the regular instrument panel while the OBX has the high end set up. Looking through the site I have seen plenty of photos of what I believe is the expected look of the high end (with the speedometer on the left) but cannot find anything showing the regular display on the BB. Does anyone have any idea what the basic panel will look like? Any photos of one out there? I looked at the Bronco Sport BB but not sure if that’s what it will look like. Thanks!
Sponsored

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe based upon various posts here, that the high end instruments panel has the rail on the dash to accept devices (Cameras, phones, etc.).

For some reason Ford is calling the dash the IP.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
From what I’ve seen, the upgraded IP is just a dash with a different texture to it.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know, I know, "PRE PRODUCTION", but some YouTube walkarounds included a lower-end Bronco (no Mid package) and it still had something like an 8" screen in the driver instrument cluster, similar to what we've seen on the OBX/WT.

We'll know for sure, uh, October?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As others have stated, the Information Panel is what the engineers refer to it as. As drivers we call it a dash. Early on the difference was linked to a smooth finish and the HLIP would be textured along with accepting the BYOD rail and accommodating the usb ports in the LUX. Then as recently as December, it was alluded to that the designers wanted all trims to have the texture. There really is no firm communication.

The guage cluster is different than the informational panel.

Sponsored
OP
OP

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for the help. The Instrument panel is what I am wondering about - what do you see in front of the steering wheel. Last I saw anything was in one of the Q&As from December and the answer seemed to indicate that Ford hadn’t settled on what that was going to look like. Just wondering if more info had come out but it doesn’t seem like it has.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for the help. The Instrument panel is what I am wondering about - what do you see in front of the steering wheel. Last I saw anything was in one of the Q&As from December and the answer seemed to indicate that Ford hadn’t settled on what that was going to look like. Just wondering if more info had come out but it doesn’t seem like it has.

Productivity Screen -> gauges behind steering.

Instrument Panel -> sounds like this is the Dash with the 4x4 Switches.

Infotainment Screen -> The 8" or 12" "radio" in the middle of the dash.

And there is a thread about the Productivity Screens (now that you know the term you can search)... but last I heard... it is still a bit unknown.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

And there is a thread about the Productivity Screens (now that you know the term you can search)... but last I heard... it is still a bit unknown.
Why can’t Ford just use the English language instead of Harvard Law School language?

OP
OP

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for clarifying terminology. Much appreciated

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sad that we are at the submitting orders timeframe and Ford still hasn’t provided basic information.

We shouldn’t be wondering about the IP at this point, or any number of other items that only have vague descriptions or answers.

Maybe the MY22 orders will know what the IP, difference between BL and Squatch Suspension, type and size of speakers, etc.

love the Bronco...despise Ford management and communication department.
Sponsored