First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With everyone complaining about Ford dropping the ball and not being prepared for the pandemic and the ongoing delays with the Bronco it makes me wonder why isn't Jeep taking advantage of this and redesigning the Wrangler?

Ford clearly designed the Bronco based on Jeep owners complaints and would they wish Jeep would fix and make better.

If I were Jeep I'd take advantage of Fords delays and make the Jeep even better!

Some of the things they can at least fix in a simple redesign would be.

1. A better base engine. That 3.6 could be better. More power.

2. Get rid of that stupid B pillar cross bar/sound bar with speakers right down the center. Totally kills the open air experience.

3. Mirror's off the doors.

4. Make 35s available from the factory. Especially on the Gladiator. For God sake. The Mojave and Rubicon should come with 35s.

5. Make lockers available from the factory for other models like the Willys at least. Even if it's just rear.

6. Drop the F-ing price. Jeeps are ridiculously expensive for what you get. Part of the reason I never bought one.

I can name a dozen more things they could do but I won't. If they just do the 6 simple things buy the time the Bronco actually is out in full force they would attract a lot of new buyers and retain Jeep customers looking to switch to the Bronco.

Guaranteed Jeep won't though. They'll just shove a V8 in the dinosaur design they already have and charge you $80k for it and call it better.

For the record I'm not Ford fan boy at all or any brand for that matter and would totally buy a Jeep if they fixed these issues. Part of me hopes they will because they can probably do the redesign and still get them out sooner then the Bronco. Lol.
With all the Bronco delays I started looking at something used for the summertime. I considered the Wrangler but the cost is ridiculous with my only requirement being a rear locker. I'm shopping FJ Cruisers now but would have enjoyed the open top. 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Jeep looks to have some things in the works. There is a vid about their concept wranglers.

And the have a diesel...but yeah...Everytime one more nail gets put in the Ford Coffin, a Rubicon starts looking better.
With the rate Ford is going bringing the Bronco to the Market if Jeep would just address just those 6 things I brought up a Rubicon would look a lot better!!

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Everytime one more nail gets put in the Ford Coffin,
Wrangler is the Stellantis F150. They will move heaven and earth to continue dominance in that segment...and while Ford might eek out a temporary advantage, I don't expect it will hold for long

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With everyone complaining about Ford dropping the ball and not being prepared for the pandemic and the ongoing delays with the Bronco it makes me wonder why isn't Jeep taking advantage of this and redesigning the Wrangler?

Ford clearly designed the Bronco based on Jeep owners complaints and would they wish Jeep would fix and make better.

If I were Jeep I'd take advantage of Fords delays and make the Jeep even better!

2. Get rid of that stupid B pillar cross bar/sound bar with speakers right down the center. Totally kills the open air experience.

4. Make 35s available from the factory. Especially on the Gladiator. For God sake. The Mojave and Rubicon should come with 35s.

5. Make lockers available from the factory for other models like the Willys at least. Even if it's just rear.

6. Drop the F-ing price. Jeeps are ridiculously expensive for what you get. Part of the reason I never bought one.

I can name a dozen more things they could do but I won't. If they just do the 6 simple things buy the time the Bronco actually is out in full force they would attract a lot of new buyers and retain Jeep customers looking to switch to the Bronco.

Guaranteed Jeep won't though. They'll just shove a V8 in the dinosaur design they already have and charge you $80k for it and call it better.

For the record I'm not Ford fan boy at all or any brand for that matter and would totally buy a Jeep if they fixed these issues. Part of me hopes they will because they can probably do the redesign and still get them out sooner then the Bronco. Lol.
Even if Jeep could automagically operate in a 2019 utopia while Ford struggles with a global supply chain that is FUBAR in 2021, none of that shit would get done in the next 3-6 months. It definitely ain’t happening in 2021! :cautious:

Sponsored
OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Even if Jeep could automagically operate in a 2019 utopia while Ford struggles with a global supply chain that is FUBAR in 2021, none of that shit would get done in the next 3-6 months. It definitely ain’t happening in 2021! :cautious:
I mean technically Jeep had since last July to see the Bronco and then make changes. It's almost 1 year later already. They should be able to make the 6 changes I listed at least by 2022.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wrangler is the Stellantis F150. They will move heaven and earth to continue dominance in that segment...and while Ford might eek out a temporary advantage, I don't expect it will hold for long
Time will tell.

Bogeybekk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Overall Jeep’s response to the Bronco has been pretty solid. Getting the 392 and 4Xe out has stolen some of Ford’s thunder and gotten a lot of coverage in the press and YouTube. It’s going to be at least another year before it’s going to be easy to buy a Bronco off the lot so Jeep is likely working on a midlife refresh that will address some of your issues. I don’t think you’ll see them drop the price, that just doesn’t happen, and removing the crossbar probably won’t happen until there’s a new model. It’s baked into the structural design of the JL. The other things should be no brainers though, especially the factory 35s!

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Jeeps SOP - major redesign once every 10 years. Minor upgrades every year, with the occasional engine/running gear upgrade mid model run. Most likely the 392 debuted at least a year earlier than originally planned. Ford forced their hand on that one. If you look back all the way to the yj (1987 model) that’s been the way it’s operated for over 30 years, give or take a year. Competition or not, it’s been a proven system for them.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Well if you consider launching me having plug in hybrid and hemi V8 version on dealer lots and showing an all electric version doing nothing - I guess yeah.

Sponsored

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you not see the electric and V8 Wrangler? What do you think automakers are doing behind closed doors. Just because we don't see anything new in 4 years doesn't mean they aren't working on simething.These vehicles take several years of design and engineering until us commoners see them. They are probably already working on the next Wrangler and we won't see it until it's basically ready for production.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While they can’t redesign it overnight, they most certainly can drop the price or offer financing incentives.

0% for 60-72 months on the rubicon would have swayed a lot of Bronco reservations because we are staring at 3-4% rates.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base

Quality. Jeeps have poor build quality and reliability. That is the number 1 factor impacting additional sales.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They are not going to be quick until you put in the 392, the engines are perfectly fine for the designed use, plus the 2-door Rubicon is rated at 25 MPG highway and 20 MPG mixed. That is almost 50% more economy (100 more miles of highway range, that is a big deal to me) than the base Badlands engine. Ford really screwed the economy and range pooch with the ecoboost engines. I would rather have more range than more power in a low range capable vehicle.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did you not see the electric and V8 Wrangler? What do you think automakers are doing behind closed doors. Just because we don't see anything new in 4 years doesn't mean they aren't working on simething.These vehicles take several years of design and engineering until us commoners see them. They are probably already working on the next Wrangler and we won't see it until it's basically ready for production.
Only people with deep pockets will be buying that $80k V8. The 6 things I came up with weren't that complicated and don't necessarily need an entire redesign to fix. Especially the 35 inch tires and price. And as far as the 4xe electric goes I can't even consider it a full electric because it only goes like 30 miles on the electric engine. If it went at least 200 miles I'd be more impressed. I consider it more of a 4 cycle gas engine with a little electric boost when you need it.
Sponsored