Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 C-10, 2022 Black Diamond, 2007 Harley Davidso
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If this is depressing think of all the Ford employees who are being affected by shortages at Ford manufacturing plants and the vendors factories. I read an article this morning about temporary production halts at many Ford plants. We’ve heard closing stories over the past few weeks. We’re just waiting for a Bronco. This is affecting many people’s livelihoods. I hope these problems are over soon. I wish all the workers and their families well. Thanks for your efforts.
Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I literally just posted on reddit about how everything, including forums and YouTube, have become so stale recently. I came here to prove myself wrong, and.... =/

It'll be another year before we get our Bronco. I can't work on any Flex projects.

There's just nothing to do or watch from a hotel room. I can't watch an entire season of Frasier in one sitting.

I'm working at RoadAmerica next week and they'll have a Mach-E there, but of course no Bronco. Hell, the road trip dealer shows barely remembered Wisconsin exists; they just got lost leaving Chicago and spent a few days in Milwaukee

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The whole Webasto issue has been ongoing and Ford kept moving the goalposts to accommodate Webasto's shortcomings. I don't see how they can switch suppliers this late in the game as any new supplier will take equally as long. But Ford has already pushed back the availability of the Mod Top. Ford needs to take the next step and offer a soft top to 2-dr buyers. No more Ford Pass points. Include the plumbing/electrical hookup for all MY21 tops and those that take delivery of a soft top give the option to have a MIC top delivered at a later date.
With no soft top availability for the 2 door I have been considering changing to a four door with a soft top. Now to keep it around the same cost, I am also considering going 2.3/MT. Maybe, just maybe, this is what Ford wants us to do. I am not calling it a conspiracy, lol, but a underhanded marketing strategy IMO.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
This has become boring and depressing. :( I feel like we have been stuck in neutral if not reverse for the past six months. If Webasto and whoever else can’t get the job done in a reasonable amount of time which they obviously haven’t been able to do so far then Ford needs to kick them to the curb and find somebody who can.
seriously, WHERE does Jeep get their hard tops?

pretty shitty planning, oh yes we will just build a brand new Webasto plant RIGHT before we need to meet the needs of a major launch of a customer.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is beyond depressing. I've bought 17 vehicles since 1974 and none came even close to the cluster* that this Bronco purchase has become. Used to be able to walk into a showroom and drive out with a new vehicle, or order one and pick it up in a month.

But now we have reservations, delays, missing parts, priority orders, commodities, previews, events, allocations, order codes, Thursday emails, microchips on a stuck barge, no soft tops for 2 doors, suppliers that can't find workers, and many, many more smoke screens to hide the fact that we still don't have any idea on when we'll get our Broncos .

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

With no soft top availability for the 2 door I have been considering changing to a four door with a soft top. Now to keep it around the same cost, I am also considering going 2.3/MT. Maybe, just maybe, this is what Ford wants us to do. I am not calling it a conspiracy, lol, but a underhanded marketing strategy IMO.
Ford doesn't even need to offer a lesser cost equivalent to the MIC. Bestop soft top for the 2-dr is $1600 for the vinyl and $2300 for the twill (rounded up). If Ford offered the difference in cost to option one of the two, there would likely be some takers. If Ford needs to recoup the plumbing/electrical hookup cost for future MIC delivery, then tack on $100. There are some buyers that don't care for the hookups and would rather just not have their 2-dr delivery held up because Webasto can't make the MIC in sufficient quantities.

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is this true though? Where is the source that says there is a shortage of tops or there is a supplier issue delivering tops?

It seems this is a rumor or information that has been taken as fact.
I spoke to Ford a few weeks ago and they said as long as I had the MIC top I should be fine. Problem is what are the real issues?Doubt we will ever know. Blaming it on the MIC top or the Tow package is hard for me to believe. Must be more to it than we will ever know.??

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford doesn't even need to offer a lesser cost equivalent to the MIC. Bestop soft top for the 2-dr is $1600 for the vinyl and $2300 for the twill (rounded up). If Ford offered the difference in cost to option one of the two, there would likely be some takers. If Ford needs to recoup the plumbing/electrical hookup cost for future MIC delivery, then tack on $100. There are some buyers that don't care for the hookups and would rather just not have their 2-dr delivery held up because Webasto can't make the MIC in sufficient quantities.
I’d prefer the soft top over the hard top. I don’t plan to have the top on very often , that’s why I’m buying it. If I wanted a hard top on all the time I’d buy a four runner or a pickup. So yeah I agree I think quite a few of us would pay more for a soft top to get it sooner.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think a lot of people are seeing the sausage be made for the first time, and it is messy. Most products are like this, most projects have issues, the consumer only sees the finished product and they never know what it took to be realized.
This level of transparency, allowing us to "peek" behind the curtain has been a little much for some people!

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’d prefer the soft top over the hard top. I don’t plan to have the top on very often , that’s why I’m buying it. If I wanted a hard top on all the time I’d buy a four runner or a pickup. So yeah I agree I think quite a few of us would pay more for a soft top to get it sooner.
For many that live in the lower latitudes, the soft top is preferred. They don't care about an 8" wiper swipe or defrosters. If Ford would at least give the option to the buyer, it might free up the logjam.

1st4rd

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crosstrek, Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is availability of 2 door tops, just not enough to cover demand. The last real numbers we got out of MAP showed about thirty percent of the Broncos built each day have been 2door. For the 4 doors- out of roughly 70 built each day, 40 are hard top and 30 are soft. According to demand, it should be more like 65 and 5, so that is why so many later 4door soft top reservations are moving up the line.

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If Ford offered a soft top alternative to MIC I would probably take it. I really don't care about the hookups for the hard top. Most of my driving is in a company cargo van which has a cage between the driver's compartment and cargo area which obstructs the usage of the rearview mirror. This has conditioned me to the degree that I don't really use the rearview mirror while driving my personal vehicle. It really isn't too late for Ford to make the soft top standard and the MIC optional. I also believe that Ford was anticipating a higher take rate on the four door and are struggling to have enough chassis for the two door.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is my question,..Why would Ford put all of their eggs in one basket? I would think that in any major manufacturing operation there would be more than one supplier for raw materials, supplies, etc???
Edit-You know damn good and well when Ford started this process, they put the bid for the top out to more than one top manufacturer!
Sponsored

Last edited: