First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This has become boring and depressing. :( I feel like we have been stuck in neutral if not reverse for the past six months. If Webasto and whoever else can’t get the job done in a reasonable amount of time which they obviously haven’t been able to do so far then Ford needs to kick them to the curb and find somebody who can.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone’s low beer light is on...

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I agree it has become discouraging. Switching horses for a top manufacturer would probably take more than a year. Unless you want them from China, they could probably have something in 3 or 4 months.... :)

Bronco-ocnorB

Big Bend
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They definitely have around here a bit, but I don't believe it is as bad as it feels. Yes the top issues suck and the 'deadly sins' suck but all it will take is one bronco making it into a customer's hands (especially someone from the forum) and this place will light up like Christmas.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This has become boring and depressing. :( I feel like we have been stuck in neutral if not reverse for the past six months. If Webasto and whoever else can’t get the job done in a reasonable amount of time which they obviously haven’t been able to do so far then Ford needs to kick them to the curb and find somebody who can.
On 12/15/20 and 1/15/21, Ford announced the order timeline, the notification of delivery timeline and the actual delivery timelines.

So far, Ford is pretty close to what they communicated in those announcements. I don't know what is rumor vs fact relative to Wabasto, and I don't care.

I think a lot of people are seeing the sausage be made for the first time, and it is messy. Most products are like this, most projects have issues, the consumer only sees the finished product and they never know what it took to be realized.

At the end of the day, it is just a vehicle. I am not emotional involved. I will enjoy it when it comes, I am enjoying life without it.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The whole Webasto issue has been ongoing and Ford kept moving the goalposts to accommodate Webasto's shortcomings. I don't see how they can switch suppliers this late in the game as any new supplier will take equally as long. But Ford has already pushed back the availability of the Mod Top. Ford needs to take the next step and offer a soft top to 2-dr buyers. No more Ford Pass points. Include the plumbing/electrical hookup for all MY21 tops and those that take delivery of a soft top give the option to have a MIC top delivered at a later date.

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The whole Webasto issue has been ongoing and Ford kept moving the goalposts to accommodate Webasto's shortcomings. I don't see how they can switch suppliers this late in the game as any new supplier will take equally as long. But Ford has already pushed back the availability of the Mod Top. Ford needs to take the next step and offer a soft top to 2-dr buyers. No more Ford Pass points. Include the plumbing/electrical hookup for all MY21 tops and those that take delivery of a soft top give the option to have a MIC top delivered at a later date.
Is this true though? Where is the source that says there is a shortage of tops or there is a supplier issue delivering tops?

It seems this is a rumor or information that has been taken as fact.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this true though? Where is the source that says there is a shortage of tops or there is a supplier issue delivering tops?

Every Bronco at dealer events have soft tops.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There was a contract worker who is a member here. He has alluded to recently that they are unable to produce the MIC in sufficient quantity. He has said when his contract is over in a few weeks that he will disclose more information, but he will not divulge details now. Their posts were part of a private conversation that has been mentioned by others.

But even if you disregard the production/supply of the MIC. The Mod Top was supposed to be available at launch. We know that Webasto has been unable to produce it in sufficient quantity. You can count single digits of how many mod tops have been seen in the wild in over a year. I would think that is sufficient proof that Webasto can't produce a top that was to be an option.

JCAntimatter

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 4Runner TRD PRO, Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah, this sucks!

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is definitely fact. The plant that is producing the MIC tops has been having huge problems. Ford has taken super aggressive steps and has lots of production people in the plant. My last conversation with someone inside the plant that talked about production mentioned they were still stuggling to hit even a portion of the expected tops. There are other commodities at issue, but tops “top” the list right now from what has been reported and what I have heard from a couple of direct sources.
Sponsored