Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As someone who reserved April 21st, 2021 and ordered May 10th, F!!!!!!
I wonder how much my BL build will go up. Looks like I have to wait until September-ish.

Damn
probably about 3% price increase.
Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Priority code 10 doesn't really matter. I'm the #1 allocation at my dealer and I'm not sure if I'll get a '21.

I am first of 8 allocations at my dealer as well.. 8/19 res. I am beginning to think the same. 😁

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm still waiting with fingers crossed that Ford builds my Wildtrak this year. However, I am curious to see if there are any design changes for MY22. If they move the rear A/C vents off the floor to the center console AND make MGV interior available for the Wildtrak I would be thrilled for a MY22.
Wildtrack isn't getting mgv but here's hoping they at least give another option besides that dogshit looking interior.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have a pessimistic view of this process.

I'm not aware of any additional allocations being awarded. We were #1 in our region in conversion, and we have not received any supplemental allocation. Priority orders are a small cut of the pie, and affects production/timestamp timing far less than supplier constraints.

I said this 9/27/2020 which was in reference to dealer selection, but also applies to the timestamp issue.

Ford is doing everything they can to NOT build stock units, why would that change for the nearly 50% of customers getting a 2022? They have all the capacity to start building stock soft tops right now, and yet, they're not.

I am a final buyer as well, so I see your point of view, I just disagree with you. You are pointing out all the perceived injustices in this process, but completely omitting the things they're doing to reward reservation holders. Ford pass points, discounts on the Off-Roadeo, price protection for 2022.

Ford is actively trying to find processes to make a better customer experience. The reservation system, despite it's flaws, is better for you as a final consumer than you give it credit. If normal allocation processes were implemented in this launch, markups galore.
Sure, I am a big believer in perspective changing the quality of life. We have different viewpoints. Let's use a version of the classic glass is half full analogy on optimism;

Ford made many promises, represented by a full glass of water to a thirty person. Turns out Ford over-promised each time, or flat out decided unilaterally to not fill the glass to the top, so the thirsty folks are confronted with a half glass of water and are upset because they held up their part of the deal, paid the deposit, didn't buy a jeep, waited the prescribed time, etc. This is not a perspective dependant event, it is a solid fact. Your position seems to be that it is that it is a net positive thing over all, this half full glass, because Ford sprinkled a few ounces of extra water (bonus promises like sound deadening and Pass Points)

Ford chose, over and over, without exception, to represent a better deal to the consumer than they are currently providing. Another fact, not perspective dependant. They continued and still continue this behavior after being under covid-19 conditions for 18 months, it is not something to which they were unaware, nor that their suppliers had/have problems. While past performance is not a guarantee of future performance, it is most assuredly a strong indicator. I am actually a very optimistic person in life, has made me happy, the reality here is that Ford has conditioned me to flinch when an email arrives or an announcement made, no different than a dog getting kicked over and over.

Does anyone really believe Ford will meet the next set of dates they promised or that the build and price will be up and correct in a timely matter? It is a rhetorical question...but if you had internal doubts just now, then you understand my position. Are they trying to improve the ability to actively clear the orders, sure are and that is fantastic!
I am happy the glass is half full instead of a quarter full, truly, however I am not going to give Ford extra credit for those few extra ounces of Points, price protection, a discount I won't use at a place more than a thousand miles from me, and roof carpet, they are not making up for the half full glass, they are simply making their shortcoming less severe. I am pleased they offered them and it helps, but it doesn't make us whole. There are folks out there, perhaps 10000 or more than have sizable deposits down, are locked into deals and stuck with transportation difficulties because they planned this purchase based on the promise of a full glass and strung along for a few extra months until the fiasco email that said there won't be delivery estimates. Ford chose to make that promise as well, more than a year into pandemic conditions and knowing full well the roofs were FUBAR'd when they made that promise. Putting people on the hook in permanent limbo until their order is pulled. Although as a dealer it probably does look optimistic from their perspective. Perhaps if you were able to separate the optimism in the process from a dealers perspective, your consumers perspective might be a touch different.

We are agreed on one thing at least, perspective is hugely important in the analysis of facts. Different assumptions can lead to vastly different perceptions. One is not necessarily better than another, just different. Although some poor schlub who owns a Mercury Grand Marques with a death rattle in the transmission and a $1000 non refundable deposit down on a Bronco because he believed the timeline promises and who cannot afford to walk away from that money to buy something else to get him to work, might differ on that assesment.

Last edited:

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Code 10-19 are meaningless, only code 99 means something (hold order until MY22). Timestamp is July 13, I am #20 allocation out of 40. I believe my dealer is very knowledgeable. In all honesty, if you have all the deadly sins, your order regardless of early timestamp, allocation, etc…, is a moving target.
You say all that while people are starting to post their Broncos are completed. Ford will be at full production in August that new date list is a good sign for those with early time stamps that do not have a 99.

Sponsored

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am first of 8 allocations at my dealer as well.. 8/19 res. I am beginning to think the same. 😁
August reservation is late that is not early. Two things at play. July reservations and dealer allocations.

OldGrayMare

Badlands
First Name
Jami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '67 Tempest, '85 Yota SR5, '16 ATS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who here will want a Nov/Dec 21 build? Anyone?
🙋🏻‍♀️ People who are OCD and have first year Broncos and want them to be 55 years apart. With a day 2 reservation, that shouldn’t be too much to ask.

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It must be nice living in that two factor fantasyland. :)
Ford now gives you dates and you call it fantasy land ? I feel the dark side of cancellation with this one.

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Priority code 10 doesn't really matter. I'm the #1 allocation at my dealer and I'm not sure if I'll get a '21.
When did you place your reservation with Ford? Your number 1 allocation is one part of the equation.

Lashedup

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Imagine that they publish the B&P in August with an attractive interior option for all trims (FE Black?), modular roof availability (black or white, or maybe body color), and a green exterior color. At that point, of the 100K or whatever reservations that converted, only a few thousand will have received their vehicle, potentially causing a massive stampede of orders to switch to MY22 and almost overnight, consume all 2022 production. when does this end?
Might need to adjust our expectations on MY 22 Bronco changes. Chevy did something similar with the new Corvette (which is also in high demand with waiting lists) and mostly carried over 2020 model mixes and colors to 2021. This made it easier on suppliers and the factory, plus it reduced mass changes of existing orders. Ford could still add a new color or two. Let’s see what Ford does.

Sponsored

Lashedup

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sure, I am a big believer in perspective changing the quality of life. We have different viewpoints. Let's use a version of the classic glass is half full analogy on optimism….

We are agreed on one thing at least, perspective is hugely important in the analysis of facts. Different assumptions can lead to vastly different perceptions. One is not necessarily better than another, just different. Although some poor schlub who owns a Mercury Grand Marques with a death rattle in the transmission and a $1000 non refundable deposit down on a Bronco because he believed the timeline promises and who cannot afford to walk away from that money to buy something else to get him to work, might differ on that assesment.
I’ve worked in the automotive business my entire life at the corporate level just for perspective. Every single manufacturer is affected by the current supplier issues. Financial projections put everyone at significant sales losses this year. This is the reality for every company right now even trying to produce existing models with old and established supplier contracts. Throw in the logistics of launching an all-new model like the Bronco, and it is about the most difficult thing any manufacturer could do right now. My assumption is Ford delayed launch a long time and hoped to be able to get something out the door to customers. Yet, supplier constraints continue to plague everyone causing more delays. All of us reading these forums are also exposed to various rumors, dealers giving their side of “what they heard”, what area reps may have said to someone, what someone at the factory was told, and on and on. It’s great that we get some insider stuff this way, but there is no guarantee that any of it is true or isn’t already subject to changes. Ford could handle official communication with customers a bit better In my opinion.

I’m not defending every decision Ford has made, but you need to readjust your expectations. There is no way during this current supply constraint that launching an all new vehicle would go smoothly. In the end they want to move metal and sell cars to customers. Hopefully six months from now a good portion of this is a distant memory.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The only people I feel have a legit complaint are the first two to three days of reservations. I don’t know the exact cutoff, but they had 60-80,000 reservations in the first few weeks or so. Anyone reserving outside of those first two weeks was most likely never going to get a 2021 if production was able to proceed without constraints. The only possible beef someone in that situation has is the lack of 22 confirmation by now.

Frankly, everything since then has helped later reservations: allocations, top constraints, priority builds, etc.

As a July 14th reservation, I feel this is progressing pretty much as announced with the exception of allocations and priority builds (and no x plan). The monkey wrench is the top manufacturer, and that has opened up a lot of variability.

I guess if you were second week, and figured on getting produced late in the fall, and are either a two door order or don’t want to slip to convertible - you’re probably watching later orders push you back toward 22. Commodity constraints were always a risk for you though.

However, if you were the first two days, and have already 99’ed to 22 because of the Mod Top issue, or you wind up with a late 21 or 22 because of the MIC Top issue, that is where the real non-delivery on promises is happening. They had a reasonable expectation to get a vehicle this summer.