Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hoping the software "works itself out" in the first 1000 miles is probably not a strategy that will pan out for him, but I do hope he's right.
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Took the wife's 2WD F-150 on a much worse road on Friday. Map showed it as a dirt Power Line Road, and it was really more of a quad trail than a road.

Pretty sure I would have gotten stuck without the rear locker, but once we commited we were out of good options.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For starters, this has nothing to do with GOAT modes, so the title is misleading. He's in Normal mode the entire time.

Did hear a couple of odd noises, but no way to really tell what they were.

So he's driving off-road (appears to be in 2H) and gets both an ABS and AdvaceTrac service warning. And his immediate reaction is to ignore the warnings, shift into 4L, engage the Front Locker, and then keep going.
Correction: Engaged the Rear Locker.

My first instinct would be to try and rule out a software issue. Shift into park, shutoff the engine, wait a few second, start back up. See if you're still getting the warnings. If so, then either get out and inspect for any damage or get back to the pavement and get somewhere you can have it checked out.

So could be software, could be sensors, could be issues with the rear brakes (the only mechanical issues we heard about from some of the big events was a rare problem with Trail Turn Assist), could just be a fluke.

No real way to tell based on the video.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

it's probably my imagination, but weren't OTA software updates ala Tesla supposed to be part of this new Bronco?

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

it's probably my imagination, but weren't OTA software updates ala Tesla supposed to be part of this new Bronco?
Yes. Curious how long it will be before the first update is out. Honestly I'd expect after a lot more deliveries have been made and more issues can be reported. So maybe 22.

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wow, that is not encouraging. I was already worried about there being too many electronic nannies on this truck. Do we know if this is looking widespread, or just an early lemon?

edit: or just driver error?

Last edited:

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Do we know if this is looking widespread, or just like an early lemon?
Quick trigger on "lemon" eh? Isn't that 3 attempts and failures for fixing the same problem?

There has been no fix attempted for this as yet. It could even be user inaccuracy in describing the issue and/or user error with the product.

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Quick trigger on "lemon" eh? Isn't that 3 attempts and failures for fixing the same problem?

There has been no fix attempted for this as yet. It could even be user inaccuracy in describing the issue and/or user error with the product.
Fair point lol. On a second watch, youā€™re right, we donā€™t have enough info to even conclude it was the trucks fault haha

if it is the trucks fault though (due to manufacturing defect), that would by definition be a lemon, no?

Sponsored

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sorry. My previous post were deleted due to duplicate original post, I do enjoy this guys honest opinion, And layman's point of view. I did question the way he was progressing. But at least its a real world view.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

šŸ˜‚ the Jeep guys will have a ball with this!

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Fair point lol. On a second watch, youā€™re right, we donā€™t have enough info to even conclude it was the trucks fault haha

if it is the trucks fault though (due to manufacturing defect), that would by definition be a lemon, no?
In MA the dealer gets 3 tries (and 3 failures) to fix the issue before it is considered a true "lemon". At which point the dealer must buy the vehicle back.

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In MA the dealer gets 3 tries (and 3 failures) to fix the issue before it is considered a true "lemon". At which point the dealer must buy the vehicle back.
Ah, okay, that makes sense. I was just using it as an off hand reference to a vehicle with a defect that prevents basic function, rather than a technical or legal definition.