Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
He did his own install and does a quick demo.

at 11:22

Sponsored

Reactions: RLW

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can live without the rear view mirror—drove CDL trucks for years so I habitually rely on my side mirrors for just about everything as it is.

BUT, the fact that you need FDRS to install this is super disappointing. $800 accessory that’ll probably cost another $250 to install just so the dealer can click a few buttons in FDRS.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that you’ll no longer be able to fit the doors in the rear of the 4dr Broncos with this thing installed. And that probably kills it for me.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Zhilyard

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Scion TC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am already planning on adding my own aftermarket system, I’ve got a JL Audio 12Tw3 that I’ll be making a custom box in the factory sub location. Will be looking at altering the rear speaker pods to fit 6.5” speakers too. Just need the damn Bronco already haha.
I am trying to come up with the best solution for a subwoofer that kicks ass and doesnt ruin my ability to put cargo in as well, but I don't have my bronco in possession to brainstorm it. Curious to see what you come up with.

Last edited:

ezapar

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak LUX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'd like to see one that sits where the center roll bar would be on a Jeep. Right behind the driver, tucked up high and out of the way. The lack of rear view is a deal breaker for me.

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am trying to come up with the best solution for a subwoofer that kicks ass and doesnt ruin my ability to put cargo in as well, but I don't have my bronco in possession to brainstorm it. Curious to see what you come up with.
I plan on removing the section where the pocket is and seeing what space is available. That is the same location for the subwoofer in the B&O system so that’s where I will start.
Ford Bronco Video: JBL Soundbar Installation and Programming on 2021 Bronco 43D449F0-F3D1-48EA-A5EB-53537EEA3239

I am using a JL Audio TW series woofer cause it’s super shallow and doesn’t require a huge box, I’ll likely fiberglass the enclosure and the front baffle will likely be 3/4” MDF, but we shall see. I’ll post pictures when I do this, just like most of us I am still waiting for my build/vin.

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't forget to give the people in the back seat earplugs!!

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ok, watched Video, tell that guy to change his password. lol.

I see the benefit, but i'm on board with everyone else. Cant see in rear view, so ill wait for a aftermarket sub that fits into the BNO spot.

Carry on.
They don’t, and they don’t show us a rear view mirror look either.

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the programming is to get the amplifier to send more power to the speaker since it’s a non-powered speaker. In the @BroncoTPA video he bought a powered sub to work around. Haven’t heard an update of how his install went.
I think the programming is to get the amplifier to send more power to the speaker since it’s a non-powered speaker. In the @BroncoTPA video he bought a powered sub to work around. Haven’t heard an update of how his install went.
I just threw a follow up review video in my original thread. The JBL Bass Pro Go sounds amazing after rewiring with 14 gauge wire. We do not turn the JBL up more than 50%.

It is powered and requires a 20amp power wire in addition to high level speaker inputs that we wired to the kick panel speakers.

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I plan on removing the section where the pocket is and seeing what space is available. That is the same location for the subwoofer in the B&O system so that’s where I will start.
Ford Bronco Video: JBL Soundbar Installation and Programming on 2021 Bronco 43D449F0-F3D1-48EA-A5EB-53537EEA3239

I am using a JL Audio TW series woofer cause it’s super shallow and doesn’t require a huge box, I’ll likely fiberglass the enclosure and the front baffle will likely be 3/4” MDF, but we shall see. I’ll post pictures when I do this, just like most of us I am still waiting for my build/vin.
There is not a ton of useable space in there. Maybe for a custom built 8 inch sub, I originally had the same thought. I actually pulled that panel the night we got our Bronco home to inspect the area, it is not as good as I had hoped.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I drove a Bronco with one of these installed at the dealership and this speaker completely blocks any view out of the back of the truck - rear view mirror is rendered useless. Good idea but terrible execution.
Mitchell Watts from T & C Customs installed one in his Badlands and commented it blocked a lot of the rear view, but with the soft top down, he said you can't see anything anyway, so why not go for it.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He did his own install and does a quick demo.

at 11:22

True, but he works at a dealer so probably had it reprogrammed for free.
Sponsored