First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am loving my 47QT. After a bunch of temp and power tests - it’s super accurate and efficient.

But, correct me if I’m wrong - 47 is the only one with a slide that will fit in 4DR and none will fit in 2DR? I’m talking vertically. If you want to take up the entire cargo of 2DR...then so be it.

I’m kinda wishing I went 63QT because it will still fit vertically in the cargo of 4DR and don’t plan to use a slide unless someone comes up with a platform that flattens the back seat hump.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
An update on my experience with my 47QT ARB.

I recently purchased a Minn Kota Trolling Motor for our little fishing boat and paired it with this battery:

https://www.vmaxtanks.com/XTR27-110-12Volts-110AH-Deep-Cycle-XTREME-AGM-Battery_p_175.html

Along with the Minn Kota Power Center which has two accessory ports for 12v (cigarette lighter style):

https://minnkotamotors.johnsonoutdoors.com/accessories/battery-and-charger/battery-power-center

Realizing this is a perfect setup to run the fridge/freezer when I’m out camping or on the beach and not using the trolling motor I decided to run a test.

So far the it’s been 48 hours and the battery meter is still showing FULL. I’m impressed. So glad I didn’t jump to invest in a Jackery, Goal Zero…I’m figuring I can just buy an inverter from Harbor Freight or something to get the additional outlets if I really needed it. But, the fridge has a USB charger on the face.

I realize if I plan to be off the grid for a week+ I’d need to look into recharging capabilities with solar. But, psyched that I’m able to cross utilize some gear.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My biggest qualm with the ARB now that it's IN the 4DR Bronco...you can't open the door all of the way due to the speaker pod - if positioned all the way towards the side panel. If I would have realized that - I probably would have went for one that opens side to side instead of front to back...I don't plan on installing a slide - so, this is going to require some maneuvering.

Ford Bronco ARB Zero Series Fridge Freezers 8CAB96C8-AD3E-44FB-BAB0-B80036BD6E31

Sponsored

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had that same issue with mine in my 3G4R. Ended up having a bungee cord set up over the top that I can catch a corner of the lid on to hold it up. Just enough room to get into it and/or pull out the baskets, just enough.

Homebowlking

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My biggest qualm with the ARB now that it's IN the 4DR Bronco...you can't open the door all of the way due to the speaker pod - if positioned all the way towards the side panel. If I would have realized that - I probably would have went for one that opens side to side instead of front to back...I don't plan on installing a slide - so, this is going to require some maneuvering.

Ford Bronco ARB Zero Series Fridge Freezers 8CAB96C8-AD3E-44FB-BAB0-B80036BD6E31
Thanks for the post with photo it is very helpfull

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love my old ARB 37 quart fridge. Time will tell if it fits in the back of my 2 door.

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have a 63qt and used in the back of my 4runner now it rides in the bed of the Raptor (diamondback HD cover). I doubt it will fit in the Bronco 4dr so may be looking for a new smaller size. These things are amazing!

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

8CAB96C8-AD3E-44FB-BAB0-B80036BD6E31.jpeg
So is that the largest fridge you can get in that orientation? Or is there still room between the fridge and the back seat?

The 73QT Dual Zone ARB is about 30 in long, which is just about the length of the 4 dr cargo area. But I suspect it won't fit.

Last edited:

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a 63qt and used in the back of my 4runner now it rides in the bed of the Raptor (diamondback HD cover). I doubt it will fit in the Bronco 4dr so may be looking for a new smaller size. These things are amazing!
You can fit it no problem - just can’t use the slide that fits that model. I was undecided on the slide (awaiting a platform or tailgate solution). I don’t plan on drilling holes in the floor. Also want access to the storage underneath.

So is that the largest fridge you can get in that orientation? Or is there still room between the fridge and the back seat?

The 73QT Dual Zone ARB is about 30 in long, which is just about the length of the 4 dr cargo area. But I suspect it won't fit.
Same as above. That being said - I jumped the gun and should have went bigger. Looks like 63 and 73 are the same size footprint. 73 is just taller.

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You can fit it no problem - just can’t use the slide that fits that model. I was undecided on the slide (awaiting a platform or tailgate solution). I don’t plan on drilling holes in the floor. Also want access to the storage underneath.

Same as above. That being said - I jumped the gun and should have went bigger. Looks like 63 and 73 are the same size footprint. 73 is just taller.
Awesome! Thank you! I dont use the slide now and honestly for the price of them I am fine sliding it out by hand...free workout too right!

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You've seen a 63 or 73 fit the same orientation as your 47 (handle towards the rear)? I'd like to see one in the back of a Bronco with back door closed before dropping $1500.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As for real world usage - we get a decent amount of food/drink for the 3 of us for a 3-4 day stretch in 47QT.

Recreational beverages aren’t fitting (depending on consumption) - so, those extra quarts would be welcomed.
Sponsored