Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is what I do for my Rough Collies too. I help them up/down in vehicles, and plan on doing that for the Bronco too :D

photo_2021-08-31_16-10-25.jpg
Great looking tricolor and sable! My grandmother used to raise collies.
Sponsored

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

my dog is medium size and I have to throw him in. He did make it once when my back was turned, but I don't want him to hurt himself. He is 11, but can still easily jump over a 3-4' gate so he will always try. My bronco is sas though. He does love going for rides with the soft top down.
IMG_2106.jpeg
Man dogs love the top down❤

OP
OP

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for all the input! Definitely some good choices to investigate.

Favorite though was seeing all the pups.

GreatDaneMom

Badlands
First Name
Diana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR Badlands; Genuine Buddy Scooter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There’s lots of options for pet ramps, for the cargo area. There’s also options for tow hitch attachments, which are basically a step. I can’t recall the name of the one, but it’s a larger surface that swivels under the vehicle when not in use. Both could be great options.
It's called a Twist Step by Heninger. I've been using them for years on my vehicles for my Great Danes.

GreatDaneMom

Badlands
First Name
Diana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use the Heninger Twist Step for my Great Danes. It inserts into the tow hitch and swivels under the vehicle when not in use. If you decide to get one, I would definitely recommend getting the lock as well.

https://twistep.com

Sponsored

GreatDaneMom

Badlands
First Name
Diana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Following!

56F2F8BB-DF64-488B-A65A-D284C28C8D79.jpeg
OMG... I've been at that exact spot when visiting NJ! I think dogs aren't allowed during a certain part of the year, because we've walked the boardwalk on several occasions after Labor Day.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I never allow my dogs to jump in or out of the back of my vehicles. Its hard on their legs etc, especially when they are young. I half lift them in and out (large Lab and a Belgian Malinois). That's my 2c
Yep, thats my philosophy as well. Didnt matter if it was my weim or now the 80Lb+ labradoodle & sheepadoodle.

But I wouldnt want to be lifting a st bernard or 135lb bulldog in/out. They'd have a fancy ramp.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have two dogs... a 2yr old 95lb Golden Retriever and a 9 month old 45lb Australian Retriever. We currently are in a Flex and am concerned about their (mainly the golden) ability to get in and out of the Bronco.

I have a 4 Door Badlands non-Sasquatch coming and was wondering about other folks' experience of their dogs getting in and out.

Do they get in and out via the tailgate or the back seat doors? How is the height for larger/older dogs?

Thanks.
Until my Bronco arrives on the west coast (it’s en route) this is my setup in my car lol. It’s a 2 door, thankfully Jackson is very agile and agreeable. He will LOVE the Bronco with the top down, can’t wait for our beach trips!
Ford Bronco Dogs Getting In and Out 54EADC4D-3573-4F5D-8C1A-62A8B0FC1AFF

rotorwrench

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R Nine T, R1200RS, Outback, Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My 3 year old CBR is a whore when it comes to car rides. Unfortunately, She has a puke problem after about 2 hours into the ride. I know, Stop at 1 hour and take a break. At her age, She will handle the hop/jump up with no problem. But knowing CBR's for the past 30 years, The time will come when assisted living will be required. I'm digging a lot of the recommendations being laid out here. Thanks folks.

Sponsored

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Until my Bronco arrives on the west coast (it’s en route) this is my setup in my car lol. It’s a 2 door, thankfully Jackson is very agile and agreeable. He will LOVE the Bronco with the top down, can’t wait for our beach trips!
Ford Bronco Dogs Getting In and Out 54EADC4D-3573-4F5D-8C1A-62A8B0FC1AFF
We just did 6300 miles on a road trip ca to fl 10 there 40 back hit 13 states ,we removed the back seat of an extended cab pickup and built flat floor so critter could be in the ac.
So stoked the seats come out of the 2dr and its easy to flatten it as well,if we cant take them we dont go👍
Jackson is beautiful BTW

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
After driving a Wildtrak I knew I'd definitely have to pick up my older medium sized dog as I already have to do in my Subaru Crosstrek. Even a very large but older dog should be helped so it doesn't hurt itself I would think.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great topic! These two rescues are at about 45 lbs. each. Maya (brown) is fearless and will climb into the back seat our Edge, my Mustang, or up the stairs like they aren't even there. Brooks (black) has high anxiety about climbing stairs, and needs lot of space to hop up onto the floor, then back seat of the Edge. Already ordered the Carhartt back seat cover to accommodate them, but I'll be curious to see how Brooks handles the higher OBX Sasquatch. A ramp or step may be in our future...

Ford Bronco Dogs Getting In and Out mjj65

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Benny... My 85 LB Pit will def try to jump in on his own. Likely fail, be embarrassed, and then have to help him.

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These 2 jump in the back seat of a GMC 2500HD on 35s. The AMP steps help. Will put expel on the door stills of the Bronco. Both are working dogs that get a lot of exercise. Have no problems jumping now.

20201227_112256.jpg

20210809_203915.jpg
Sponsored