Sponsored

Need Help! Just notified my 1st Edition will not be built and dealer should offer me a Badlands instead - What the...!

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford never promised a vehicle when we reserved our Bronco. It specifically said this reservation doesn’t guarantee delivery of a vehicle. Just the chance to get one. The $1000 dollars should be refunded to you and if not you have a case to get that back but that’s it. Unfortunately you have no leg to stand on as Ford has taken measures to protect themselves from legal issues with this. All you can do is track the VIN if you have one and see if it ever actually gets built and delivered but if it does your fight Is with the dealership. I hope this isn’t the case and I hope you can get it figured out.
Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Need Help!  Just notified my 1st Edition will not be built and dealer should offer me a Badlands instead - What the...! 1633485951306

Ford Bronco Need Help!  Just notified my 1st Edition will not be built and dealer should offer me a Badlands instead - What the...! 1633485981615

sucks big time but I don’t think reservations or even orders are necessarily golden willy wonka Tickets. Also I’ll never understand the whole brand loyalty card people pull. Like others have said it’s probably 90% the dealer and maybe slightly on Ford. That being said FE’s are the rarest of an already rare at the moment vehicle and even though you were in on it early there was never a guarantee you’d get that specific one. As rare as they are you know at least a quarter of them were obtained by shady dealers.
Only option is to be angry and yell about it or suck it up and make the dealer make it up to you on a fully loaded badlands or one of the models possibly coming out in 22 that replaces the highest trim.
Things could be much worse, we could live in a world where only chevys new blazer exists lol 😂

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Need Help!  Just notified my 1st Edition will not be built and dealer should offer me a Badlands instead - What the...! 1633485981615

sucks big time but I don’t think reservations or even orders are necessarily golden willy wonka Tickets. Also I’ll never understand the whole brand loyalty card people pull. Like others have said it’s probably 90% the dealer and maybe slightly on Ford. That being said FE’s are the rarest of an already rare at the moment vehicle and even though you were in on it early there was never a guarantee you’d get that specific one. As rare as they are you know at least a quarter of them were obtained by shady dealers.
Only option is to be angry and yell about it or suck it up and make the dealer make it up to you on a fully loaded badlands or one of the models possibly coming out in 22 that replaces the highest trim.
Things could be much worse, we could live in a world where only chevys new blazer exists lol 😂
It’s not an off-roader, but I drove a 2020 Blazer as a work vehicle for 3 months last year and liked it. It was very comfortable and fast.

Sorry to hear the OP is getting screwed.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Follow the vin , don’t allow this dealer to do this , I would hire a attorney tomorrow am. Some dealers general managers should not be in this business.Follow the vin .That vin is yours . That first edition is yours .

Um.... that's a sport sir

OU812

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Exlporer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you, I am asking for help as no one would want to be in my situation. Thank you for your kindness.
My advice is talk to a lawyer.

your agreement is with the dealer, not Ford.

You need to take all your paperwork to someone who can opine on contract law in your state and see what grounds , if any, you have to pursue it

Sponsored

Nomad

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Original Ford Escape SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure what color FE you were going for, but if you wanted the FE-limited Lightning Blue, maybe they would at least build you a Lightning Blue Badlands?? Then you would have a truly limited vehicle.

I certainly hope this comes to a satisfactory resolution in your favor. First 500... wow. And everyone had until 3/19 to get orders in (so you are good there). Only the reservation time mattered, so your first 500 reservation should be one that is honored in 2021, IMHO.

Last edited:

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not trying to be the asshole here but based on it being a FE with a reservation you should be able to log on yourself and check. The OP hasn’t given us any pertinent information pertaining to the actual vehicle. I know if I were in his shoes I have a real and digital paper trail a mile long. Something doesn’t smell right here. Ford isn’t chopping FE allocations. I agree either the dealer fucked up or the OP did. I know I have the paper work from the day I reserved. The order sheet from the dealer plus have been checking on it.

Brandon1282

First Edition
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRD, 2021 GMC 1500 AT4 3.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Similar thing happened to my wife’s coworker. She ordered a Lightning Blue FE w/ MOD top. When the call came that they would only be produced with the MIC top, the dealer converted the order to a MIC, but somehow noted on the order that “customer would prefer MOD top.”

Well this week the dealer called her and is claiming that Ford is saying that the vehicle won’t be built and when he checked the WBDO it shows that her order was 99’d (presumably because of the MOD Top note).

Unfortunately, this sound like this is going to be a theme this week…

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I read somewhere on this site, that MY22 might have some new trim packages, similar to FE. If that is any consolation, maybe the OP can make a deal to get into one of those instead.

Skydoc

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350 , LS3 V8 Jeep Wrangler jku
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for responding! I have been on with the dealer and Ford most of the evening already. I am not intending on letting this go in any way shape or form. It seems totally unbelievable. If it is the dealer trying to pull a fast one to sell at a higher price, well... When I called Ford though, they said I was not the only one who called about the same thing but they had no additional information. I will keep pressing. Have a great evening.
I would def stay with Ford on this. Only thing that makes sense is dealer sold or plans to sell it for big profit now that they’ve seen them go so high. This seems absolutely nuts. I would be FUMING as well. Good luck and so sorry you have to deal with this

Skydoc

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350 , LS3 V8 Jeep Wrangler jku
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a feeling the salesman thought he got cold feet since waited until feb and either promised to a friend/coworker etc or just put in an order for badlands instead of losing the allocation.
I reserved first night and didn’t get order in until 2 days before deadline in April so can’t imagine they didn’t think he was ordering if it was February. Sounds like dealer had 99 code or wanted to sell it

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

IMHO, I would take a loaded badlands and enjoy the black interior and push for a deep discount. I am just not a fan of the FE interior.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The critical piece of info we need is whether the top was MOD or DUAL. If yes, several posts on this thread explain the 99 mix-up that likely happened. If no, the dealer is up to something outrageous and needs to be fired into the sun.

Really confused why some people think there's something wrong with a February order. We all had until mid-March to convert with no impact on our spot "in line".
Sponsored