Sponsored

Badlands confirmed Order with dealer but Confirmed VIN and Window Stick is NOT a Badlands (instead outerbanks)

PLBRONK

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Toyota Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My First post here:
So I have been dealing with my Dealer and confirmed my order was actually placed on 10/2/2021 and was sent the order summary preview confirming in fact that all of the information was correct. So I sat and felt comfortable all was accurate and it was a waiting game

Fast forward to 2 weeks ago, I followed up and found out my order was scheduled for production on 4/8/2022
Today: I contacted ford Chat and asked to confirm that I was scheduled and if they could provide a VIN#. They did provide a VIN and confirmed I was scheduled for build
I then pulled the VIN and Window sticker to find out that that the Bronco Scheduled for production under my order # was in fact not a badlands. What is scheduled under my order # is a 2022 Black Outerbanks , 2.3L, Leather, non-sas & High package. This is NOT what I ordered.

I followed up with Ford to realize that there were actually two broncos under my order # once with body code E5B (the one that actually has a VIN and is being produced) and one that is E5D which I believe equates to a Badlands 4dr model.

I am waiting to hear back from Dealer for some answers, but this is very troubling and I was wondering if anyone has run into this issue before? I.e. Two bronco orders under one order #?

I am hoping that someone at the dealership input my order correctly and it appears to not be scheduled for production yet (sigh ;/)....

Will report back when I hear from dealer on what the hell is going on with my order.

Ford Bronco Badlands confirmed Order with dealer but Confirmed VIN and Window Stick is NOT a Badlands (instead outerbanks) 1648667977300

Ford Bronco Badlands confirmed Order with dealer but Confirmed VIN and Window Stick is NOT a Badlands (instead outerbanks) 1648668009384

Ordered:
Badlands, Eruption Green
2.7L Auto
MIC
Sasquatch
Lux Package
Tow Package

Reservation date 4/20/2021
Order converted to MY22 on 10/8/2021
Sponsored

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The E5D code isn't limited to any specific trim, it's the series code for 4 DR units with the advanced 4x4. Since that is standard on the BL trim E5D is the only code that is used for a 4DR BL, with E5C for a 2DR BL.

My 4DR BD has the series code of E5D also. See below for further evidence.

Screenshot_20220330-152749_Dropbox.jpg

OP
OP

PLBRONK

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Toyota Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@2100 thanks for that input. I guess my real question here is why would there be two ordered broncos under my order # ? Anyone have this experience ?
Could be a trip up with the dealer

Ford Bronco Badlands confirmed Order with dealer but Confirmed VIN and Window Stick is NOT a Badlands (instead outerbanks) 1648670184139
Sponsored