First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Minus the FE folks has anyone recently got a confirmed order with the Black Painted Hardtop as part of your build?
My dealer has contacted me and said he was unable to process my order because of the hardtop. It shows up as an option but will not process.
I was under the assumption the orders with late availability items would still be placed and pushed to MY 22 if they were not able to be fulfilled?

Just curious if anyone else has encountered this?
Sponsored

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sort of, I see on my order form from the dealer that I have modular black painted hardtop, but the email I got from Ford summarizing the order doesn't list it. That said the picture of the preproduction model in the email doesn't show a hardtop which is how the B&P works when you add the painted top. The guy placing the order said the order (have a copy of the dealer paper work order noting it) went through fine other than when I tried to add signature LED headlights. I had the ordering code for the LED so I figured I would give it a shot figuring it would fail on a BD. I was told it would be a late 2021 delivery due to some of the items, but took that with a huge grain of salt. I was not able to add accessories on to the order; rock rails (that's just an odd BD situation currently), HD recovery kit (cause that's an actual deal), and the underbody lights.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Minus the FE folks has anyone recently got a confirmed order with the Black Painted Hardtop as part of your build?
My dealer has contacted me and said he was unable to process my order because of the hardtop. It shows up as an option but will not process.
I was under the assumption the orders with late availability items would still be placed and pushed to MY 22 if they were not able to be fulfilled?

There was in issue with the order system on certain builds with black top and tow package, it's been resolved.

Late availability is not 2022, just late summer. Your position in your dealer's queue is what can determine if you're in, on the bubble, or out of 2021. We can place the order, but If it gets pushed to 2022, Ford will notify you in May

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There was in issue with the order system on certain builds with black top and tow package, it's been resolved.

Late availability is not 2022, just late summer. Your position in your dealer's queue is what can determine if you're in, on the bubble, or out of 2021. We can place the order, but If it gets pushed to 2022, Ford will notify you in May
Thanks for that info, Sean. In the past I have ordered vehicles that had option constraints, and the order always went through. I knew though that it wouldn't be build until the option was available. I was hoping Ford didn't think they had a better way.

BTW, my order will have the Black top, and tow package listed on the order. So, I was doubly happy to see your post. :)

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. Mine was ordered with the Modular top. The resulting photo just doesn't show a top on the Bronco, just like on the Build tool.

He CAN order the Black Mod top... and you would just get it "late", when the top is available. I hope he didn't order the Grey MIC top for you!!!

Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes. Mine was ordered with the Modular top. The resulting photo just doesn't show a top on the Bronco, just like on the Build tool.

He CAN order the Black Mod top... and you would just get it "late", when the top is available. I hope he didn't order the Grey MIC top for you!!!
Just had this thought, does anyone know if you opt for the black mod top, do you also still get the MIC grey top as well as the black top?

thsxtreme

Outer Banks
First Name
tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Unlimited Sahara Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
happened to me as well but yesterday they were able to resolve the problem and i had to go back in and sign my name again because of the price change from MIC to the black painted.

OP
OP
scottyb907

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Thanks for the info! Just got off the phone with the ordering guy, after asking a lot of questions earlier today and pushing him to reach out to Ford for some answers he came back with about the same response. I have a printed off order form but haven’t got an email from Ford yet.

Sponsored
OP
OP
scottyb907

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sort of, I see on my order form from the dealer that I have modular black painted hardtop, but the email I got from Ford summarizing the order doesn't list it. That said the picture of the preproduction model in the email doesn't show a hardtop which is how the B&P works when you add the painted top. The guy placing the order said the order (have a copy of the dealer paper work order noting it) went through fine other than when I tried to add signature LED headlights. I had the ordering code for the LED so I figured I would give it a shot figuring it would fail on a BD. I was told it would be a late 2021 delivery due to some of the items, but took that with a huge grain of salt. I was not able to add accessories on to the order; rock rails (that's just an odd BD situation currently), HD recovery kit (cause that's an actual deal), and the underbody lights.
Have you received an email from Ford yet?

OP
OP
scottyb907

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

He submitted the order yesterday as a softop and ried to push the grey MIC top today because he couldn’t get the black one to go through, no doubt because of the issues mentioned. Now they have recreated my order with the Black Hard top.
If I was not a pat of this forum I would have been screwed! Lots of knowledge in here!

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have you received an email from Ford yet?
Yes, came in less than 24 hours after order was placed. Its a summary of the order but doesn't call out the top.

OP
OP
scottyb907

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, came in less than 24 hours after order was placed. Its a summary of the order but doesn't call out the top.
Mine came in yesterday from Ford and when contacted the dealer today I found out they didn’t order the black hard top.
Today after several calls and text I got a summary print but haven’t received a new email from Ford.
Sponsored