Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Soon + Wildtrak (on order)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have never bought a Ford in my life. I'm not a Bronco enthusiast. I am a new customer coming from completely outside the ecosystem. I feel like what I wanted and the reason I am continuing my purchase is no longer considered.

I feel like I am being penalized by doing research, learning, reading and consuming your marketing content along with diving into the forums to learn even more and share excitement about something. There hasn't been much enthusiasm about anything these past 2 years for a lot of people - delays, dirt mountain, supplier issues - and you decide to rug pull your hardcore fan base? For what? So some big dealer in Texas, Florida or California can get more Broncos? Maybe they should offer better pricing and not 5 figure ADM markups on MSRP.

Maybe you should ask the dealerships who have managed to rack up 500-1,000 Bronco orders "How did you do it?" "What do you think Ford can take from your successes and model in guides for dealerships?"

You know how they did it Ford? These delaerships were engaged. They were honest. They offered great pricing, great communication, and treated people with respect that they were going to earn their business. You have dealers whose websites dont work, they dont answer emails, they ghost customers once money is collected until the car arrives, then the car arrives and they ask for an extra $10k! These dealers should not be allowed any allocation before a single reservation holder.

This is a terrible customer experience and I feel for those that have dedicated hardwork and time to try and do right by their customers. I liked where you guys were headed and what I saw coming down the line. I can no longer say that is the case, and my future with Ford is jeopardized before it has even started.
Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Many dealers had not only refused to fulfill Bronco orders without ADM, they refused to offer a signed agreement for the final purchase price. In what other industry can you sign an agreement for purchasing an item and when it shows up be told that you must pay the seller well above what you agreed?

Because of the internet, the world is a smaller highly-connected place, and many of us found that there are a small handful of honest dealers out there. Dealers with customer-based business practices. Dealers who have 100% customer-matched orders. Dealers who have nothing but stellar reviews from customers. Dealers who have fostered the Ford community. Dealers who gave the consumer hope that Ford is a product worth buying. Dealers who increased Ford's fan base.

But if Ford, through their allocation process, will be giving dealer stock to the cheaters and the crooks among their dealerships BEFORE honoring the reservations of customers who chose to do business with honest people, then Ford will be hurting themselves severely in the long run.

Yes, maybe short term this appeases the mega-dealerships who want a big piece of the Bronco pie without having to give up their self-serving, deceptive sales practices, and lulls Ford into thinking they are doing the right thing.

However, long term, Ford not only loses sales from people who would rather buy another brand other than Ford than switch to a dishonest dealer, they lose future sales as this new generation of consumers is intolerant of shady business dealings and share their buying experiences globally.

fundelay

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Unicorn Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had a base model with Sasquatch package ordered (early 2021 time stamp)—complete with a written (line item, taxed, and signed) order from my Ford dealer with purchase price.
I have now changed to a base model, eliminated Sasquatch package in order to create a vehicle that is the easiest of 2 door builds.
I have been told (via Ford area rep), this is the best way short of switching to a 4 door soft top,
to move up in the proverbial que.
I am hopeful, but also think late '22 or early '23.

So much after market equipment available or coming to market. I only need the shell.

Last edited:

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Has any dealer actually received dealer stock??

So far the only new Broncos I’ve seen for sale are the mannequin units or abandoned orders.
and you know what's really weird? Is just how many dealers charging ADM that have 'abandoned' orders.

"Man, it's the darndest thing, that all of our early reservation customers decided to give up when the very first ones rolled off the line. Oh, well, guess we'll sell them at a premium...."

Sponsored

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford should have never continued taking reservations and orders once they realized they couldn’t build these things. I didn’t know about their cut off date and found only found out about the Bronco a month later. Once o found out about it and knew I could secure financing, I ordered within two days (4/19). I paid my $100 and my dealer charged $400 to convert to order.
my dealer didn’t tell me they were 99ing my order because it had a hard top STANDARD, after Ford dropped the unbuildable mod tops which were previously standard.
My order at that time was as spec’d as it came STANDARD with the MIC.
Ford refused to let WT orders switch to a soft top for a chance at a quicker build. THEN they changed the game once again, forcing us to have the soft top standard on future builds.
They don’t offer price protection like they promised (again only up until 3/19). To skirt this promise, they kept the WT the same price and offer a $695 voucher from a third party company. This is only for those who ordered or reserved before their decided deadline 3/19.
They won’t be giving me a similarly equipped vehicle as the one I ordered and my price will go up $695.
Do I have anything to be angry about? Not much, since I missed the deadline, but they knew way before 3/19 that they couldn’t handle the orders they had and kept taking them anyway, changing what they said the entire way.
I will finally get my build un99’d but will probably still not see it until probably 2023 because some joker with money will be able to jump the line and pay 10k or whatever over for my exact order, and many of those who ordered before me because Ford wants to please the mega dealers by giving them stock on their lots.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

and you know what's really weird? Is just how many dealers charging ADM that have 'abandoned' orders.

"Man, it's the darndest thing, that all of our early reservation customers decided to give up when the very first ones rolled off the line. Oh, well, guess we'll sell them at a premium...."
Nothing fishy here, lol! :sneaky:

Wonder how much arm twisting these big dealer crooks did to get the name match percentage dropped?

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company needs to understand that when they offer a reservation system and promise enthusiasts who put money down in it that their orders will be built first, they need to commit to it. Not use it for marketing and then dump it the second large dealers raise a stink. Individual customers that are the end users of your product shouldn't need to worry about or know about your allocation process when you promise "reserve your Bronco at any of our dealers nationwide" and "reservations will be prioritized and built first."

I understand dealers are third parties from Ford Motor Company and you have to balance the needs of reservation holders and dealerships in a manner that is both profitable and best for business. I think Ford management took the wrong decision. In the short term appeasing your best selling dealers makes sense, but doing at the expense of sacrificing consumer relations, especially with the enthusiasts who will happily option out a bronco to the gills without ever having sat in one, those that have waited a year+ while you sorted out manufacturing problems (including those that came from Ford's attempts to cheapen out on the MIC design) and those that have been stringing along dying cars and foregoing your competitor's options in the hopes you'll deliver on your promises is a garbage business strategy.

Mike Levine made an interesting accusation that Granger only wants to sell the latest, hottest product and not the rest of your lineup. But they're trying to move your entire lineup, whatever you can produce at least. I see Zach being helpful on the F150 and Maverick forums regularly. Same with Tom at Chapman. They've helped us stay pumped more than anything your marketing department has put out. I hope he walks back that accusation. Small town dealers are Ford's entire reason Ford will have a competitive advantage going into the EV era of cars. Someone in Horsham is less willing to buy a Ford if they had to drive 45-60 minutes into Philly to buy/maintain their car. Same with folks in Granger considering if they need to drive into Des Moines if they had to buy/service a car. The Ford of old understood that, which is why those dealers have dealership contracts with Ford. Going into the future where startups car drop ship cars to their own stores in major cities, the dealership network remains an asset for Ford. Maybe don't shit on the small town dealers that don't individually sell the most, but in aggregate are responsible for your penetration into the beautiful rural areas that are underserved by your mega dealers.

Ford I believe in you. You make exciting and innovative products and I'm willing to buy them, I have every intention of picking up my Bronco later this year and my hour one reservation for a Lightning into an order to pick up next year. I know you're aware that scummy dealership tactics have been an albatross on your neck in your efforts to push the customer direct order model you want, don't make that burden heavier by continuing to alienate your fanbase. Do the right thing and focus on delivering reservations over allocations.

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This will be the last Ford I ever purchase. I don’t have any now but I have owned them in the past. I can get over a dealership screwing me but when it’s the main company I just have a hard time forgiving.

Stu baby

Outer Banks
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Audi
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If Ford can’t secure enough parts to even build the first week of orders,that is just sad. And that would go for any company. If you can only build the Big Bends, then only sell that . Then maybe the following years you can add additional models as you can secure enough parts

Sponsored

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@DealerInsider Man I never would have imagined Ford would screw both you and your customers this bad. They basically are saying we wont get anything until 2023-2024 if I stick with you as a dealer even with a July 2020 reservation. Those of us who are 'locked in' with the wrangler lease program like myself really have no options at all, not that I would want to switch to some high ADM scum dealer anyway. At this point I have no clue what to do, but I am sure as hell not waiting over 2 years for a Bronco.

David196

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford needs to do the Reservation first.
This would place me far back in line at Chapman Ford, (400th place) but they need to fulfill the orders from people that made reservations before even seeing the final product. These people who placed reservations over a year ago should get their Broncos first, regardless of where they ordered it from. The little dealership worked their butts off to offer everyone of their clients the best deals. Why some larger dealership added to the MSRP of these vehicles.
Should be customers before profits at thos point

2020 reservation holder better have their Broncos in the first quarter of MY2022. Why, because they should already of had them.

Smaller dealership have no vehicles to sell because of the allocation systems. Not just Broncos.
But let's adjust the 2022 allocation on vehicles that the smaller dealerships weren't sent? These smaller dealership are selling what you ,FORD, actually send to them.
My local dealership has 3 new vehicles for sale, about 13 commercial outfitted trucks and about 30 used cars.
Now their Bronco allotment is cut short to nothing in 2022 because FORD is screwing them over again.

Wake up, the customers should be priority one. All dealership should be treated equal. Orders from customers, regardless of dealership size should be fulfilled first.

My local dealer has my first Bronco coming in November. (Highly expected that my wife will steal this one)
My Chapman order will probably be fulfilled in MY2023(which I'm Okay with) but regardless I looked at the list provided early. All those 2020 reservation need to be fill ASAP before all other orders, stock or retail.
Regardless of allocation.

Ford, you guys are starting to suck.
This is coming from a person that always had a Ford in the family.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have never bought a Ford in my life. I'm not a Bronco enthusiast. I am a new customer coming from completely outside the ecosystem. I feel like what I wanted and the reason I am continuing my purchase is no longer considered.

I feel like I am being penalized by doing research, learning, reading and consuming your marketing content along with diving into the forums to learn even more and share excitement about something. There hasn't been much enthusiasm about anything these past 2 years for a lot of people - delays, dirt mountain, supplier issues - and you decide to rug pull your hardcore fan base? For what? So some big dealer in Texas, Florida or California can get more Broncos? Maybe they should offer better pricing and not 5 figure ADM markups on MSRP.

Maybe you should ask the dealerships who have managed to rack up 500-1,000 Bronco orders "How did you do it?" "What do you think Ford can take from your successes and model in guides for dealerships?"

You know how they did it Ford? These delaerships were engaged. They were honest. They offered great pricing, great communication, and treated people with respect that they were going to earn their business. You have dealers whose websites dont work, they dont answer emails, they ghost customers once money is collected until the car arrives, then the car arrives and they ask for an extra $10k! These dealers should not be allowed any allocation before a single reservation holder.

This is a terrible customer experience and I feel for those that have dedicated hardwork and time to try and do right by their customers. I liked where you guys were headed and what I saw coming down the line. I can no longer say that is the case, and my future with Ford is jeopardized before it has even started.
Many dealers had not only refused to fulfill Bronco orders without ADM, they refused to offer a signed agreement for the final purchase price. In what other industry can you sign an agreement for purchasing an item and when it shows up be told that you must pay the seller well above what you agreed?

Because of the internet, the world is a smaller highly-connected place, and many of us found that there are a small handful of honest dealers out there. Dealers with customer-based business practices. Dealers who have 100% customer-matched orders. Dealers who have nothing but stellar reviews from customers. Dealers who have fostered the Ford community. Dealers who gave the consumer hope that Ford is a product worth buying. Dealers who increased Ford's fan base.

But if Ford, through their allocation process, will be giving dealer stock to the cheaters and the crooks among their dealerships BEFORE honoring the reservations of customers who chose to do business with honest people, then Ford will be hurting themselves severely in the long run.

Yes, maybe short term this appeases the mega-dealerships who want a big piece of the Bronco pie without having to give up their self-serving, deceptive sales practices, and lulls Ford into thinking they are doing the right thing.

However, long term, Ford not only loses sales from people who would rather buy another brand other than Ford than switch to a dishonest dealer, they lose future sales as this new generation of consumers is intolerant of shady business dealings and share their buying experiences globally.
@Ford Motor Company needs to understand that when they offer a reservation system and promise enthusiasts who put money down in it that their orders will be built first, they need to commit to it. Not use it for marketing and then dump it the second large dealers raise a stink. Individual customers that are the end users of your product shouldn't need to worry about or know about your allocation process when you promise "reserve your Bronco at any of our dealers nationwide" and "reservations will be prioritized and built first."

I understand dealers are third parties from Ford Motor Company and you have to balance the needs of reservation holders and dealerships in a manner that is both profitable and best for business. I think Ford management took the wrong decision. In the short term appeasing your best selling dealers makes sense, but doing at the expense of sacrificing consumer relations, especially with the enthusiasts who will happily option out a bronco to the gills without ever having sat in one, those that have waited a year+ while you sorted out manufacturing problems (including those that came from Ford's attempts to cheapen out on the MIC design) and those that have been stringing along dying cars and foregoing your competitor's options in the hopes you'll deliver on your promises is a garbage business strategy.

Mike Levine made an interesting accusation that Granger only wants to sell the latest, hottest product and not the rest of your lineup. But they're trying to move your entire lineup, whatever you can produce at least. I see Zach being helpful on the F150 and Maverick forums regularly. Same with Tom at Chapman. They've helped us stay pumped more than anything your marketing department has put out. I hope he walks back that accusation. Small town dealers are Ford's entire reason Ford will have a competitive advantage going into the EV era of cars. Someone in Horsham is less willing to buy a Ford if they had to drive 45-60 minutes into Philly to buy/maintain their car. Same with folks in Granger considering if they need to drive into Des Moines if they had to buy/service a car. The Ford of old understood that, which is why those dealers have dealership contracts with Ford. Going into the future where startups car drop ship cars to their own stores in major cities, the dealership network remains an asset for Ford. Maybe don't shit on the small town dealers that don't individually sell the most, but in aggregate are responsible for your penetration into the beautiful rural areas that are underserved by your mega dealers.

Ford I believe in you. You make exciting and innovative products and I'm willing to buy them, I have every intention of picking up my Bronco later this year and my hour one reservation for a Lightning into an order to pick up next year. I know you're aware that scummy dealership tactics have been an albatross on your neck in your efforts to push the customer direct order model you want, don't make that burden heavier by continuing to alienate your fanbase. Do the right thing and focus on delivering reservations over allocations.
Ford Bronco #ReservationsoverAllocations giphy (1) (6)

@Ford Motor Company @mrlevine please give these posts a long sincere read