Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was under the impression that the new allocation setup is favouring the middle-town Ford dealer, not the Granger/Stevens mega dealers....?
I'm sure it's not really gonna matter... If these dealers have 1500 orders each and the rest of the Ford network averages 40 or 10 or 20 Bronco orders (3000+ dealers).... I forgot where I was going with this. Lol
I think the dudes that moved their orders to the mega dealers because Ford was prioritizing them last year and they were under MSRP, may be in for a rude awakening 🤷🏻
Sponsored

CCross

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax, 2000 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im excited about my Bronco and it’s supposed to built next week. We also bought a Bronco Sport that my wife drove for a few months before we sold it for more than we paid for it. She liked it, but there just wasn’t enough legroom in the backseat. All of that being said, I’m not sure at this point we’ll ever own another Ford. This entire experience has been a sh*t show. I’ve cut Ford a lot of slack because of all the economic/supply chain issues right now. But they’ve done nothing to inspire confidence even concerning things within their control. And this dealer allocation nonsense, catering to the mega dealers while punishing customers, is icing on the cake. We buy a new car for my wife every 3-4 yrs and I’ll possibly be in the market for a new 3/4 ton truck in the next year or two. This whole experience has definitely soured me on FoMoCo. And I didn’t even get a hammock. Just a poster.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There are people on this forum that have a lightning reserved as well as a Bronco. If Ford doesnt follow through on the reservation system I can see those orders being cancelled as well. This has big implications for them. If they want to continue to do reservations systems they need to figure out a way to do it outside of the allocation system. Dealers don't tell us what their constraints are and as a customer I really dont need to know. I just want to order a Ford from the dealer of my choosing. I am hopeful that Ford will do the right thing and give the reservation holders all Broncos in 2022 as promised. Mike Levine has tweeted that he is aware of the issue and looking into it for us.

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was under the impression that the new allocation setup is favouring the middle-town Ford dealer, not the Granger/Stevens mega dealers....?
I'm sure it's not really gonna matter... If these dealers have 1500 orders each and the rest of the Ford network averages 40 or 10 or 20 Bronco orders (3000+ dealers).... I forgot where I was going with this. Lol
I think the dudes that moved their orders to the mega dealers because Ford was prioritizing them last year and they were under MSRP, may be in for a rude awakening 🤷🏻
I don't know for sure about Stevens, but Granger is absolutely not a mega dealer. They are a small town dealer trying to grow. They are honest and transparent in all communications. They saw Ford's rules and Ford's stated desire to go to a reservation system and played the game only to have the chair kicked out from under them.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would like to provide Ford with feedback from Bronco customers who have reservations all in one thread…we all know, based on who you reserved/ordered from, you may not receive a Bronco in 2022 or even 2023…

Due to Fords allocation system, Ford plans to build stock units before they build non-constrained buildable units for reservation holders…

A reservation system is NOT an allocation system…

We all are understanding of the supply issues in todays world, BUT, if you have a buildable unit, regardless of a dealers allocation formula, Ford should build your vehicle based on reservation timestamp…

I would ask everyone to post on this thread their experience with Ford, me, the dealers I tagged, or others, in an effort to present our case for change…

@Zach@Granger @StephensAutoCenter

7A1EB0EA-5258-4760-AD03-38D659B28900.jpeg

Given that Ford has taken $100 per order for a reservation, and then the dealers took anywhere from $500/$1000/$2000 as 'earnest' money to secure one's build, doesn't it stand to reason that since those entities cannot produce the thing that was reserved for anywhere from 1-3 years, they at the very least owe everyone the interest back on that money?

I mean, they're sitting on it, and it hasn't been used to produce a vehicle. That and it's probably in a corporate fund making 3-4%/yr. Imagine if one could have stuffed that money into BTC or ETH in the summer of 2020. Serious oof there.

I am not a lawyer, nor do i pretend to be one on the internet, and I am certainly not advocating for everyone to get torches and pitchforks. But with the stringing along of everyone with no real deadlines or end dates, and now the thinly-veiled bait and switch with the order system and dealer allocatons, i wonder how much more it would take to raise an eyebrow at the FTC to have them go "Hey, uhhhh, WTF you guys doing over there in Michigan anyways?"

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Read up on it before you spew ignorance. Granger/Stephen’s etc. are small dealers who earned a lot of reservations and whose reservation holders are now being screwed by Ford.
Just allocate to dealers based on how many reservations they have…then go to stock units. It’s the only way to do it and maintain their integrity.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think a positive take away from all of this is, a lot of customers have gotten their base/BB/softie/4 doors and the rest of us, 2.7, Squatch, 2 door, WT, Lux trucks are maybe just a small percentage of the overall reservations cross section...? It's not all doom & gloom...
I mean, if all 4 doors were a constraint or all 10 speeds, that would be a problem. The MIC was a big part of the 2021 delivery issue... But Ford seems to have THAT at least under control.
Feeling cautiously optimistic, even though I have a 2 door, 2.3L, CO, Squatched 2 door with high pack.💪🏻

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Read up on it before you spew ignorance. Granger/Stephen’s etc. are small dealers who earned a lot of reservations and whose reservation holders are now being screwed by Ford.
Just allocate to dealers based on how many reservations they have…then go to stock units. It’s the only way to do it and maintain their integrity.
Ignorance? Well fucking pardon me all to hell! Both these dealers offered deals not offered by anyone else and a LOT of people went with It, taking their orders away from their local dealers to these guys to save a couple thousand bux....
At the time, it was ballsy and an opportunity to get ahead of other dealers.
It wasn't I who changed the allocation formula! These guys are probably doubly fucked now, with peeps pulling their rez and going to their home town dealer to order and Granger/Steven probably losing money with their remaining orders or them reneging on their deal 🤷🏻

ct1975

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2020 Navigator, 2002 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Given that Ford has taken $100 per order for a reservation
The $100 reservation deposit is collected by the dealer you chose during the reservation process. Unless you transfer or cancel, the original dealer you chose continues to retain the $100 deposit.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Simple question for Ford: If you were going to limit the number of Broncos a dealer would get in a year, why did you not also limit the reservations a dealer could get?

Since you did not, then you created this mess or you decided to implement allocation after the fact, which created this mess.
This is an excellent point that should be raised with Ford.

Last edited:

ekim

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ignorance? Well fucking pardon me all to hell! Both these dealers offered deals not offered by anyone else and a LOT of people went with It, taking their orders away from their local dealers to these guys to save a couple thousand bux....
I sent an email to all my local dealers. They either wouldn't discuss pricing or simply didn't respond. Grainger responded within one day. They answered follow up questions promptly. My local dealer didn't need to match Grainger for my business. They just needed to treat me with a little respect and like they wanted my business. If a dealer says "We won't discuss pricing" then I hear, "We intend on raking you over the coals".

At the time, I might have paid a few thousand more than Grainger to a local dealer. I'm sure I would have taken invoice, and might have taken MSRP. I was never given that option. Since my local dealers treated me like crap, I chose to do what's supposed to happen in a true free market economy. I went with the dealer that could answer some simple questions like what will my cost be with respect to invoice or msrp and what other costs are there, such as doc fees, etc. If my dealer can't commit to the high level terms of a deal - like not over MSRP - then why do the deserve my business, and why on earth would I accept Ford trying to force me to deal with them?

I find it hypocritical that Ford will source parts and labor from around the world but they expect their customers to limit their search to a set of dealers who are unable the meet even the most basic request of a discerning customer.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The $100 reservation deposit is collected by the dealer you chose during the reservation process. Unless you transfer or cancel, the original dealer you chose continues to retain the $100 deposit.
Most dealers refunded the $100 upon placing an order....

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I started to type up a long post, but I’m done putting any effort into this anymore. We’re blasting ass into the wind as it is, because Ford doesn’t give a shit about its customers who were early adopters and generated all that huge buzz around this truck in the first place.

I reserved to order in July 2020. And I probably won’t see it until 2023. Meanwhile big dealers are getting stock units built. Ford: you tell me what’s wrong with that picture.
Sponsored