Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2020 Navigator, 2002 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Most dealers refunded the $100 upon placing an order....
They did? The 2 orders I have with dealers never credited the $100 reservation deposit (one of those orders is with Granger). No harm either way, but I doubt most dealers are refunding the deposit.
Sponsored

fergthulhu

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands, '21 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I sent an email to all my local dealers. They either wouldn't discuss pricing or simply didn't respond. Grainger responded within one day. They answered follow up questions promptly. My local dealer didn't need to match Grainger for my business. They just needed to treat me with a little respect and like they wanted my business. If a dealer says "We won't discuss pricing" then I hear, "We intend on raking you over the coals".

At the time, I might have paid a few thousand more than Grainger to a local dealer. I'm sure I would have taken invoice, and might have taken MSRP. I was never given that option. Since my local dealers treated me like crap, I chose to do what's supposed to happen in a true free market economy. I went with the dealer that could answer some simple questions like what will my cost be with respect to invoice or msrp and what other costs are there, such as doc fees, etc. If my dealer can't commit to the high level terms of a deal - like not over MSRP - then why do the deserve my business, and why on earth would I accept Ford trying to force me to deal with them?

I find it hypocritical that Ford will source parts and labor from around the world but they expect their customers to limit their search to a set of dealers who are unable the meet even the most basic request of a discerning customer.
Samesies... and I would have even been okay with an MSRP agreement. That was all they had to do, it's a pretty low bar.

Booback

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would like to provide Ford with feedback from Bronco customers who have reservations all in one threadā€¦we all know, based on who you reserved/ordered from, you may not receive a Bronco in 2022 or even 2023ā€¦

Due to Fords allocation system, Ford plans to build stock units before they build non-constrained buildable units for reservation holdersā€¦

A reservation system is NOT an allocation systemā€¦

We all are understanding of the supply issues in todays world, BUT, if you have a buildable unit, regardless of a dealers allocation formula, Ford should build your vehicle based on reservation timestampā€¦

I would ask everyone to post on this thread their experience with Ford, me, the dealers I tagged, or others, in an effort to present our case for changeā€¦

@Zach@Granger @StephensAutoCenter

7A1EB0EA-5258-4760-AD03-38D659B28900.jpeg
@Ford Motor Company

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford building units for dealer stock when day 2 reservations won't get built in 2022 because of allocation bullshit is the absolute most clown shoes thing I've ever seen in a vehicle launch. This company is run by complete embiciles.

I hope every single person that gets screwed in this just cancels their order and buys something else that isn't a Ford.

BravoV4

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Accord and a 2018 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Being at the dealership level I think this is incredibly stupid. Why would they reward the people who wanted to willy nilly pick one up? They should be rewarding those that have waited first.

They needed to cutoff this reservation system at some point. Fill those orders, and then build stock units while taking customer orders like they would on any other vehicle. They get scheduled based on what's available.

Sponsored

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company

Read about the consumer experience at one of your precious mega dealerships on this forum. Here's an experience at Sunrise Ford Fontana:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bronco-dealer-order-manipulation.18411

Then compare it to any of the Granger deliveries or Chapman Horsham deliveries. Maybe you can see why many of us are traveling across the country to deal with these dealerships instead of getting shafted no lube by our friendly local dealerships.

David196

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Reservation before any stock units
That's all Ford has to do. Remove allocation until all 150,000 reservation are build, completed and delivered.

The larger dealers will get these stock units and charge over MSRP for them. Let them work for their money like the little guys are doing. They could have logged on to the forums and Facebook and other media ok outlets to promote deals and canvas for orders. The customers chose these dealers to save anywhere from $1500-$4500.
Some are even traveling thousands of miles to do it too.

Why penalize the customers for looking for the best deal?

Why penalize the dealerships that are working their butts off to give the customers the best deals?

Why push back retails orders to get stock units? Both will be sold within a few days.
Bigger dealership in more populated areas shouldn't just be handed more vehicles. The small dealership are usually mom and pops places that work a lot harder for their customers and bottom line. Let the small town dealerships live on and give them all their Bronco orders. They earned it and the customers deserve it.

Still can't understand why stock units are even brought up. So a person off the street to walk in and buy one with little or no research, but the person that reserve a spot in line and order almost a year ago gets screwed.

Ford WTF.

This BS is starting to make a Jeep look good again.
I love Ford, but this makes me sick.

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This new system incentivizes dealers to screw over reservation holders that havenā€™t received their builds yet. If you were a dealer that knows your allocation is basically getting zeroed out you are going to do everything possible to maximize profit on the few units you have coming inā€¦. Cutting the name match down to 60% reinforces the risk

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There are people on this forum that have a lightning reserved as well as a Bronco. If Ford doesnt follow through on the reservation system I can see those orders being cancelled as well. This has big implications for them. If they want to continue to do reservations systems they need to figure out a way to do it outside of the allocation system. Dealers don't tell us what their constraints are and as a customer I really dont need to know. I just want to order a Ford from the dealer of my choosing. I am hopeful that Ford will do the right thing and give the reservation holders all Broncos in 2022 as promised. Mike Levine has tweeted that he is aware of the issue and looking into it for us.
Yeah heā€™s ā€œlooking into itā€

not holding my breathe. He was quick to blame the dealer and the end consumer for this mess.

they have an opportunity to fix this mess and that window closes when this initial ā€˜22 ordering closes on oct 28.

no concluding by the transfer and order deadline. Lots of folks buying something else, including me

KAQ

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Crosstreck
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Itā€™s obvious the Ford is just bending to the will of the large dealers and give zero shits about their customers. This would have been my first Ford ever but Iā€™m not waiting 3-4 years for a car.

Sponsored

Earlybroncoboy

Badlands
First Name
Wagner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22Bronco,76bronco,73bronco,06F250,96F250,97F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok Iā€™ll play. Why should we as a customer have to play call every dealer and figure out what their allocation is to buy a product. We are the end consumer and it should be made as easiest as possible to by a product. I originally had an early reservation at my local dealer, that couldnā€™t answer any of my questions and there allocation was way low like 5 or 6 a year. I felt uncomfortable so I canceled and reached out to Tom at Chapman. Why because he was active on here answered all my questions, is a few hour drive and offered one hell of a deal on a new bronco.

Yes Iā€™m a diehard Ford guy itā€™s all my wife and I own all 10 of them. I was super excited to see there wasnā€™t much of a price increase for my22 but then we get hit with this. Save allocation for in stock units not orders. I donā€™t understand this philosophy and never will. I guess Iā€™ll see my bronco in 2024 if Iā€™m lucky or if I ever see one at allā€¦

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, I'm not able to keep up with the Allocation Pity Party but I keep seeing where many think this new allocation formula (which doesn't really explain anything to us, it's just percentages of what we don't know) means Ford will be building lot stock vehicles before customer reservations. I'm not sure I understand how that is being arrived at, can someone explain?

PD63

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WRX - SOLD, 2023 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had placed my order with Chapman after speaking with a local dealership who had tried to sell me a Big Bend "cancelled" order for $15k over sticker after driving their mannequin unit. I put my reservation in late as I wanted to see, feel, and drive a Bronco before even thinking of ordering one. Unfortunately with this news of possibly waiting until 2023 or 2024 for a Bronco leaves with me more than likely going to look at other options. With that said if I end up ordering a Wrangler I would order from you guys without a question, not for the price but simply for the ease of process and the honesty.
Sponsored