First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You guys are bumming me out. I started out WT, went to BL for the cool staybar parlor trick and MGV seats, but now I’m thinking of coming back to WT. with WT you get, black grill, black emblem, black wheels….which look way better than the BL Sasquatch wheels. You can get roof racks on your 4dr (mine is a 2dr) Sasquatch as long as you don’t go full bash plates, you get Sport mode, and you can add tube steps, and WT graphics. You can’t get any of those items from the factory on a BL. When you load it up with all of those unique accessories and add the modular bumper and Lux, you still save a grand over BL. The only want that’ll put you over dollar wise is the leather pkg.

I currently have a 4dr BB abandoned order I picked up and I think the 2 toned cloth seats are fine, and the camo WT seats look much better than BB seats. And for some reason, my preferred race red paint looks better on the WT than any other model.

So come on fellas let’s keep the band together.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm sorry but in my opinion, thank God they got rid of the gloss black. Now all the plastic will match. I'm a bit surprised they didn't change the grill to the carbon.

And as far as price, I'm not seeing what you are. I build a 2022 four-door Wildtrak practically the same as my 2021, (except I dropped the floor mats and added the roof rack) And it only came out to less than $400 difference.

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think the Wildtrak may still come with painted door handles and gloss black mirrors, still pictured that way in the 2022 B and P. But if they don't I'm OK with that. I was tired of waiting for the MOD Top, so I switched to the MIC after seeing the new 2.0 MIC on a First Edition yesterday. It's darker, more charcoal colored than the earlier Carbonized Gray 1.0 version that I have seen.

Last edited:

7722 Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST/ 2019 F350 CC DRW 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Converted my reservation over to an order yesterday. Race Red Wildtrak 4D, MIC, Lux, tow. Been a WT fan from the start. Looked at the BL, but wife didn't like the grill, prefer the painted one. Now the long wait I'm afraid.

Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think the Wildtrak may still come with painted door handles and gloss black mirrors, still pictured that way in the 2022 B and P. But if they don't I'm OK with that. I was tired of waiting for the MOD Top, so I switched to the MIC after seeing the new 2.0 MIC on a First Edition yesterday. It's darker, more charcoal colored than the earlier Carbonized Gray 1.0 version that I have seen.
Yeah, the B&P picture is wrong. The mirror caps and door handles are MIC for 2022.

BroncoWar1

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco, F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, the B&P picture is wrong. The mirror caps and door handles are MIC for 2022.
Just placed my order yesterday and sticking it out for my WT...kept everything the same...I do prefer the painted door handles and black mirrors but I can fix that later if I don't like it. The leather looks much better in person and looks good w/ CG. I'm a early 7/14 reservation holder, so hopefully it gets schedule early 2022. Good luck everyone!

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dang, Ford hates the WT. I don’t understand why it’s a trim anymore. They couldn’t produce any of them for MY21 and now they’ve made it a SAS BL without sway bar disconnect, and you can get cloth interior.. I really preferred the gloss black accents and painted door handles. Shame they changed it for MY22. I’m hoping my MY21 WT stays on track for a November build..
Yeah, this change doesn't make sense. Now you have an even more random combo of gloss black/MIC parts.

The 2022 B&P shows gloss black accents and painted door handles right?
B&P is wrong/not updated in that regard. The order guide calls out that it's MIC handles and mirror caps.

Me too. Head scratcher for sure. Folks that 99’d their order so they could pair the Mod top with it are probably groaning. Getting both Sport and Baja is still a major draw.
Yeah, I'm upset by this change, and will now have to spend more/figure out how to get painted handles/caps.

I've recently briefly thought about switching to MIC, but I still think I'd prefer the MOD top.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company @mike_at_ford

Can anyone at Ford give any reasoning why body colored handles/gloss black mirror caps were removed from Wildtrak for '22? It's an "Outer Banks plus.....xyz features" Why would they be removed. I expected changes for '22 (in the positive way), but de-contenting the highest trim after an abbreviated year 1? At least bundle the painted stuff within High or Lux packages if you don't want them standard.

I hope they return for '23 with the painted top's arrival, otherwise I'll have to order/have them painted.

JDS

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TT Roadster, Reatta convertible.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am also sticking with it. Fully loaded.
I did agonize between it and Badlands with identical equipment (fully loaded squatch 2.7 with all possible options that GVWR would allow). But ultimately the choice came down to these differences:

Wildtrack (Steps+Baja Mode +Sand/Black leather)
vs.
Badlands (Rock rails+Black leather+ SB disconnect)+ $1,500

The new Green goes well with either interior and I don't do rock crawling (not that I am not willing to learn) but I am on sand/non-pavement (sans rock) a lot. I just need to get rid of those stupid blue accents.....if I actually get it built by Ford that is....

Sponsored

TonyM

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am also sticking with it. Fully loaded.
I did agonize between it and Badlands with identical equipment (fully loaded squatch 2.7 with all possible options that GVWR would allow). But ultimately the choice came down to these differences:

Wildtrack (Steps+Baja Mode +Sand/Black leather)
vs.
Badlands (Rock rails+Black leather+ SB disconnect)+ $1,500

The new Green goes well with either interior and I don't do rock crawling (not that I am not willing to learn) but I am on sand/non-pavement (sans rock) a lot. I just need to get rid of those stupid blue accents.....if I actually get it built by Ford that is....
Back and forth all day on the same thing. Leaning to holding to Wildtrak...Updating with the dealer tomorrow.

Faust

Badlands
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado - Company Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company @mike_at_ford

Can anyone at Ford give any reasoning why body colored handles/gloss black mirror caps were removed from Wildtrak for '22? It's an "Outer Banks plus.....xyz features" Why would they be removed. I expected changes for '22 (in the positive way), but de-contenting the highest trim after an abbreviated year 1? At least bundle the painted stuff within High or Lux packages if you don't want them standard.

I hope they return for '23 with the painted top's arrival, otherwise I'll have to order/have them painted.
I think they did this because originally Wildtraks were to come with the black painted top, so gloss grill/mirrors/handles worked/made sense.

With painted tops not available in 21/22, it doesn't make sense ... to me, it looks odd having a soft/mic top with glossy accents.

I'm glad they did this because as someone who's OCD about their vehicle... gloss black is a NO-NO. Especially on an offroad vehicle.

I originally planned to swap the grill with the carbonized version, but it would look weird because the handles/mirrors would be glossy. So now I can get the carbon grill and be happy.

Faust

Badlands
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sticking with a fully loaded Wildtrak; however, I'm now conflicted on something that I wasn't even contemplating at all... switching to the soft top.

With the allocation mess and being a late res on purpose (12/21) - If I wanted to even think about seeing it within the next year I should so go ahead and switch to the soft top and buy the hardtop later.

Not a fan of the soft top but also not typically a patient car purchaser.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think they did this because originally Wildtraks were to come with the black painted top, so gloss grill/mirrors/handles worked/made sense.

With painted tops not available in 21/22, it doesn't make sense ... to me, it looks odd having a soft/mic top with glossy accents.

I'm glad they did this because as someone who's OCD about their vehicle... gloss black is a NO-NO. Especially on an offroad vehicle.

I originally planned to swap the grill with the carbonized version, but it would look weird because the handles/mirrors would be glossy. So now I can get the carbon grill and be happy.
Except they left the grille gloss black, so that argument doesn't hold water, but I do understand what you're saying. Plus, the handles were body color, which goes with any trim regardless of it being gloss black or MIC. You'd think they'd want to spread costs of OBX's painted components over more than just a single model.

If they bring it back as body color/gloss black for '23 when the black painted top arrives, it'll be fine to me, as I'm waiting for that top anyway.

Faust

Badlands
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Except they left the grille gloss black, so that argument doesn't hold water, but I do understand what you're saying. Plus, the handles were body color, which goes with any trim regardless of it being gloss black or MIC. You'd think they'd want to spread costs of OBX's painted components over more than just a single model.

If they bring it back as body color/gloss black for '23 when the black painted top arrives, it'll be fine to me, as I'm waiting for that top anyway.
You're correct on that - for some reason, I thought the handles were black as well. My bad.
Sponsored