Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Who here loves the new gen Bronco? Even though mine was down for 3 months with no 4x4 due to a parts shortage, I love this thing. They are so capable even in Base trim. So glad I didn’t settle for a wrangler.

05A39C7A-6B51-4475-A1CE-9967028DA75A.jpeg

2CE6C0EF-453D-4166-9A1F-4C4F2562238C.jpeg

9A4C4FBC-39A8-4B87-91AD-71C09FC5F439.jpeg

4DA2D1CF-09C0-421F-BD1B-A718C6D0EE9D.jpeg

9FB99A3A-0C5F-48D8-9893-C19D50E07BA3.jpeg

1E14D317-4E40-4EB8-B9B9-26A8D1DA9500.jpeg

842C2141-BB30-475C-BE2B-86237DD4C041.jpeg

2FF1E46D-48D3-41D4-9852-B678205150B8.jpeg

5E18A82B-8DF7-467F-B7B2-01E8A625D86C.jpeg

420EB8EF-47BF-4E3E-A443-DA6966893E5B.jpeg

Sponsored

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only about 3500 miles in but Love my Badlands. Only a few rattles to chase down as issues. Has been everything I wanted it to be.

I won’t hate on the Wrangler though. I have a Rubicon that I love just as much and over the last 20 years and 5 Jeeps, all of them have been wonderful. I owe those Jeeps a lot of off-road, top down, doors off fun when ford or really anyone else was not making anything like that.

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only about 3500 miles in but Love my Badlands. Only a few rattles to chase down as issues. Has been everything I wanted it to be.

I won’t hate on the Wrangler though. I have a Rubicon that I love just as much and over the last 20 years and 5 Jeeps, all of them have been wonderful. I owe those Jeeps a lot of off-road, top down, doors off fun when ford or really anyone else was not making anything like that.
I’m looking forward to my Bronco. Hopefully before it starts to get cold in MN. I agree with not hating on the Jeep. I’ve owned jeeps nearly as long as I’ve been able to drive. I like anything that allows me to drive topless & doorless.

OP
OP
Baseaf

Baseaf

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had a v8 swapped yj before that was super capable with Locked diffs. The bronco overall is just an experience that can’t be beat. Imo. I test drove Willys through rubicons Jl’s while waiting for the bronco and neither did it for me compared to the bronco.

Attachments

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If we are posting pictures of YJ’s, I’m going to be in!

96E116B5-C3A8-4548-B99D-A56DBA97DDA2.jpeg

And one of my Bronco.
6065342F-A7C9-4C65-8878-72171259643C.jpeg

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Totally thrilled with my BL. My experience has fortunately been vastly different then a lot of folks on this site. My dealer provided info when requested. Showed me the actual real time vehicle status from Ford when requested. Rig built three weeks ahead of the initial schedule date. Delivered in six days. No complaints with build quality or materials used. I am in no way a VIP customer at this large but not the biggest in the area dealership. I am a life long Ford owner, and currently own six of their products. I will say way back in the process I wrote Ford a letter, not an email, but an actual letter, and explained my concern over the Bronco situation and as a Ford enthusiast, I was disappointed in their actions regarding the Bronco. Did the letter help in any way? No idea, but I am a happy Bronco owner. Good luck to all those who are frustrated and still waiting. I hope you all take delivery soon. BTW, I wish they had provided a small block V8 option.

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm at 6k miles and I think my number of new rattles has plateaued. Haven't heard new ones in a while, just the ones I've been trying to find for the last 1-2k miles lol

LazygonInfinity

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4D 2.7L Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
After four months of ownership, I think it's a great vehicle but there are of course some flaws. I have a 4-door 2.3L Big Bend.

Pros:
  • Best looking SUV/off-roader on the market by an enormous margin, it's a great thing to see in my garage everyday, and it's just as good in person.
  • Ford managed to make this beast feel incredibly sturdy and rugged but it still handles surprisingly well, better than any other body on frame vehicle I've driven. Makes a far better daily driver than I expected, it's just fun to drive. I cannot emphasize that enough. This fact alone outweighs all the cons I have listed below combined.
  • The 2.3L EcoBoost engine is excellent. I am considering changing the Basequatch that I have on order from a 2.7L to a 2.3L after living with the 2.3L and being very pleasantly surprised by it.
  • Good infotainment system and utilitarian interior design. All of the buttons, screens, and knobs are easy to use while driving and look nice.
  • The car's bluetooth speaker/mic work very well, even when driving on the highway. I am pleasantly surprised by its ability to drown out the considerable noise in the vehicle.
Cons:
  • Some of the finishings feel unacceptably cheap/poor quality. I appreciate that some of this was done to keep costs down, and kudos to Ford for that. But, there are some components that just do not feel like they are going to last: the dashboard material feels unfinished in places, including some pretty sharp edges; the frameless windows feel far too flimsy - you can tell they are going to be a problem as the vehicle ages; seals around the windows/top look unfinished.
  • The cloth seats that you are forced to live with in the Base or Big Bend trims are pretty underwhelming. They are comfortable enough, but the cloth material is simply unimpressive and feels very, very cheap. I am bitter about the fact that Ford didn't make MGV an option for all trims.
  • The soft top is noisy and does not feel particularly well-constructed: the plastic clips on the side windows feel like they were going to snap every time I put the top back on (and I know many people have snapped theirs trying to do this); the wavy windows look pretty bad; and the seams are already showing wear on my soft top.
  • The 10-speed automatic is by no means bad, but it does hunt for gears sometimes.
  • The tachometer is oddly small and difficult to read while driving, this would annoy me greatly if I had a manual.
  • Both the windshield and paint chip easily: already have a good sized chip in the windshield and a couple nasty paint chips on the hood despite driving almost entirely on surface streets around town.

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don't have mine. But I will say this I don't care how cool it is, if mine shits the bed right after taking delivery I am going to miss my Mustang and feel incredibly stupid.

Part of me (albeit a small part) is scared to even take delivery. Because I am not sure any vehicle can live up to the hype that has been built up waiting so long for it.
Sponsored