First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Ford Bronco / 2021 FE bronco / 2023 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just curios out of the 553 Broncos with the airbag folded wrong. How many are being held at the dealership as a stop sale. I know mine is. Built first week of August, held at dirt mountain for a while, and now is being held at the dealership with no answer or timeline from Ford. 4dr hardtop FE
Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just curios out of the 553 Broncos with the airbag folded wrong. How many are being held at the dealership as a stop sale. I know mine is. Built first week of August, held at dirt mountain for a while, and now is being held at the dealership with no answer or timeline from Ford. 4dr hardtop FE
Not sure of the data, but I know the demo unit I test drove had this issue. Took 2-3 days to fix, but it seemed to be something they were aware of to look for.

PittShawn

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 LR Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My guess, based on the build weeks is that most of these are still sitting at DM, including mine.

gjacobsn

First Edition
First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLS 63 AMG
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My guess, based on the build weeks is that most of these are still sitting at DM, including mine.
Mines at the dealership. 4 DR FE. They won't sell it to me and can't even give an estimate of when they can fix. Meanwhile it's serving as a nice dealer mannequin. BTW has 120 miles on it already...

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Nice to see all these examples, of Quality is Job #1 at Ford. :unsure:

Sponsored

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mines at the dealership. 4 DR FE. They won't sell it to me and can't even give an estimate of when they can fix. Meanwhile it's serving as a nice dealer mannequin. BTW has 120 miles on it already...
I would raise hell with them about letting people test drive it, that is just wrong. They are essentially going to sell you a demo even though you ordered it.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
🤔 Ok but why can't the great Ford just send an airbag to the dealer and have them install it. Doesn't seem like a huge ask...
They are for the ones that have been shipped.....fix the ones at the factory before shipping and won't have to pay the dealer to install.... not rocket science...

gjacobsn

First Edition
First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLS 63 AMG
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I would raise hell with them about letting people test drive it, that is just wrong. They are essentially going to sell you a demo even though you ordered it.
It arrived the evening the day before yesterday. I went in the next afternoon and it already had those miles. They say it was not them, and that's what it had on it when they got it. Said it was probably racked up with trips around dirt mountain. It was built 8/9 and sat around waiting for a MIC 2.0 top. I tend to believe them. The dealer also pointed out some problematic areas on the MIC 2.0 to and said he let ford know that they should replace this one too. I took a picture of the miles...

Sponsored

Yodi

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
MINE!
Ford Bronco Bronco held at dealership for airbag 253104213_10222798038754250_6637178634098153706_n

ghbronco71

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine is on the way via rail and it has a stop order on it. Dealer can't release it until the airbag recall is fixed. They apologized profusely for the wait I've had (8/6 blend) and now this airbag recall. They said they are going to do everything in their power to get it in my hands as soon as humanly possible. They're good guys.

But, I'm like others on this forum... Why can't Ford just have a properly folded airbag sent to the dealership for the dealer to install and then voila! Done. I don't understand the middle of November answer.

OP
OP

UtahBroncoGuy

First Edition
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Ford Bronco / 2021 FE bronco / 2023 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think it is odd as well. Especially when there is only a handful of us that are held at the dealerships. It can't be that much of a constraint on the system to fedex out 5 or 10 of them.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So wouldn't an honest dealer be mortified to send out a test drive unit of any model without a working airbag? What if there was an accident and there were injuries? Imagine the liability knowing this before you let a car out. Isn't that the same reason you can’t have it? It's too unsafe? Go figure.