Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is where many failed. Right from day 1, it states that a reservation is only a spot to buy a vehicle and doesn't promise anything further. If you disagree with any terms, you're only recourse is to log off of the Ford website. There were so many threads that beat the allocation, ordering, constraint issues and much more to death for well over a year. We knew that dealers that had 50 orders on their books couldn't fill all of them in a short time. How did anyone expect a dealer with well over 1000 fill theirs? It was never gonna happen.
Exactly. Not to mention Ford, and most every automaker for that matter, donā€™t like two things. Devaluing of hot products, and dealers poaching customers for a hot product. If Iā€™m a dealer I could care less if a dealer 12 hours away wants to beat me on an eco sport or F150 thatā€™s constantly marked down anyway, but if youā€™re taking my Bronco sales and allocations Iā€™m going to be pissed. The narrative that most dealers are sketchy and charging ADMs is BS too, for every 1 story we see here about ADM or whatever there are many, many more transactions that go off without a hitch and those dealers donā€™t deserve to have their sales taken. Ford is well within their right to change their allocations however they feel, obviously it made business sense for them to change it. Everyone here can see how the system works now and itā€™s not going to change, you can either wait for years or order locally and pay MSRP with much quicker delivery.
Sponsored

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This thread is the poster child for "my dealer said" BS. That dealer A loses business to dealer B because dealer B is willing to sell for less means f-all to anyone but dealer B until maker A sabotaged the rules agreed upon. I wouldn't be surprised if there is litigation from one of these dealers harmed by Ford's shenanigans.
One thing I do know is Jeep has moved units through dealer B under the exact same model because maker A doesn't have the capacity to satisfy dealer B...

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Cutting Dealer allocations may harm the Dealer but....IT ALSO HARMS THE ORDER HOLDERS! How dumb! Ford should do something else like fine the Dealer, reduce the sales kick backs or anything that does NOT harm the retail Bronco purchaser.

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm thinking reducing allocation is the best route... the dealers that would lose allocation are already stealing customers orders and/or blackmailing them with ADM's, It would be the dealers "harming the order holders" not Ford. Besides fines would just be passed on to the customer...

Cutting Dealer allocations may harm the Dealer but....IT ALSO HARMS THE ORDER HOLDERS! How dumb! Ford should do something else like fine the Dealer, reduce the sales kick backs or anything that does NOT harm the retail Bronco purchaser.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like so many things talked about here, people are assuming the big dealers won't be audited, but have no proof one way or the other. That's just an empty argument.

I didn't see any promises made about delivery times, but I doubt anyone thought it could be 3 years. People either didn't use common sense when they saw reservations piling up and saw that Ford was unhappy with the dealer or just plain put too much faith in the dealer because others said so.
What dealer has widespread stock? Most of what they have are units that had a customer that for some reason didn't follow through.
You are projecting again...
You are the one that claimed you were offering proof via a small dealer in a tiny town who was audited in response to the rhetorical musings over whether Ford would audit the big dealers with the same zeal as the smaller ones. The only argument on that eventuality, empty or otherwise was made by you. Nobody else claimed they had proof of the future based on a current example (of course I could have gone your route and said "Common sense says they will get audited less..." without a shred of proof or any indication that would happen in the future, but that is your bag, is it not?)

Do you not see the irony? You are claiming that an example of a small dealer getting audited means Ford will audit big dealers just as much in the future, but you mock people who followed exactly what Ford said to do and believed the lies that reservations would be filled in order, and completed before dealer stock because 'common sense' says they should have known it was a lie and would change in the future. Different standards for yourself vs other people.

Dealer will have widespread stock (and/or get walk-ins filled quickly) once the reservations at that particular dealer are completed, long before other reservation holders at less favored dealers.

Obviously you are not going to quit while you are behind (only reason folks coming back to argue is that they know they are losing the rational argument*), so enjoy your speeches inferring you are smarter than everyone and possess more common sense. Whatever you feel you need to bolster your self-image.

*There is no point applying logic to a discussion with someone who ignores documented facts, timelines, and counters with strawman arguments.

Sponsored

Will_05

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone know what happened to the Person on here whoā€™s Bronco got marked up by the dealer 20-30k? Deleted post?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Exactly. Not to mention Ford, and most every automaker for that matter, donā€™t like two things. Devaluing of hot products, and dealers poaching customers for a hot product. If Iā€™m a dealer I could care less if a dealer 12 hours away wants to beat me on an eco sport or F150 thatā€™s constantly marked down anyway, but if youā€™re taking my Bronco sales and allocations Iā€™m going to be pissed. The narrative that most dealers are sketchy and charging ADMs is BS too, for every 1 story we see here about ADM or whatever there are many, many more transactions that go off without a hitch and those dealers donā€™t deserve to have their sales taken. Ford is well within their right to change their allocations however they feel, obviously it made business sense for them to change it. Everyone here can see how the system works now and itā€™s not going to change, you can either wait for years or order locally and pay MSRP with much quicker delivery.
You're correct, I don't understand why this survey called out dealer's for being so slimy, go figure, car dealers are among the most honest and trustworthy professionals in America (not...).

19-2f01-2f20190111_trusted_professions-jpg-jpg-jpg.jpg

/s

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You are projecting again...
You are the one that claimed you were offering proof via a small dealer in a tiny town who was audited in response to the rhetorical musings over whether Ford would audit the big dealers with the same zeal as the smaller ones. The only argument on that eventuality, empty or otherwise was made by you. Nobody else claimed they had proof of the future based on a current example (of course I could have gone your route and said "Common sense says they will get audited less..." without a shred of proof or any indication that would happen in the future, but that is your bag, is it not?)

Do you not see the irony? You are claiming that an example of a small dealer getting audited means Ford will audit big dealers just as much in the future, but you mock people who followed exactly what Ford said to do and believed the lies that reservations would be filled in order, and completed before dealer stock because 'common sense' says they should have known it was a lie and would change in the future. Different standards for yourself vs other people.

Dealer will have widespread stock (and/or get walk-ins filled quickly) once the reservations at that particular dealer are completed, long before other reservation holders at less favored dealers.

Obviously you are not going to quit while you are behind (only reason folks coming back to argue is that they know they are losing the rational argument*), so enjoy your speeches inferring you are smarter than everyone and possess more common sense. Whatever you feel you need to bolster your self-image.

*There is no point applying logic to a discussion with someone who ignores documented facts, timelines, and counters with strawman arguments.
Well said, thank you.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can spin things any way you choose, but Ford was never under any obligation to keep the rules as they were if the situation told them change needed to happen. Ford was already after them shortly after reservations began turning into orders. Many still choose to overlook that fact.
Some folks, who are obviously not you, believe that ethical obligations are ones that are worth keeping as well as strictly legal ones. The fact that Ford was legally able to change the rules and may do so at any time they want in the future, does not mean that people should expect and 'know', through what you call common sense, that they will do so. We made the error of believing Ford was an ethical company and that they were going to act ethically. Blaming us for that speaks more to your character than ours.

This is where many failed. Right from day 1, it states that a reservation is only a spot to buy a vehicle and doesn't promise anything further. If you disagree with any terms, you're only recourse is to log off of the Ford website. There were so many threads that beat the allocation, ordering, constraint issues and much more to death for well over a year. We knew that dealers that had 50 orders on their books couldn't fill all of them in a short time. How did anyone expect a dealer with well over 1000 fill theirs? It was never gonna happen.
Wow! I will try one last time before I give up on trying to make you stop looking so foolish every time you post. You are welcome, BTW; How did anyone expect a dealer with over a 1000 orders to fill them? (aside from the fact a lot of folks joined that dealer when there were far less than a 1000 orders), IT IS BECAUSE FORD EXPLICITLY WROTE AND STATED THAT THEY WOULD FILL THEM IN ORDER AND BEFORE DEALER STOCK. The dealers and folks on here did not make this stuff up. Ford came up with it, promoted it, made a huge deal over how it was a new way of doing things, reaped the giant PR coup from the results and then laughed and gave the finger to the folks that counted on them keeping their ethical obligation/written word without falling back on the legalese tiny print that every company puts in there, but never actually use because it is a dick move. If that doesn't rip the Ford sycophant blinders off your eyes, nothing will. Ford made a technically legal dick move and continue to do so while mocking the reservation holders.

Sponsored

JB93

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Except Ford did not dupe anyone. People chose to interpret Ford's holding MSRP at the same level, for 2022 MY, as a guarantee of MSRP. Those same people also chose to ignore Ford, when they told us to negotiate a price with the dealer, before placing orders. Additionally, we knew from day one that some dealers were going to charge ADM. It's been tirelessly discussed, on many hundreds or thousands of threads, every single day since the reservation window opened. How anyone can suggest that Ford duped, us on pricing, is beyond me.
Pretty telling that the only thumbs up to your message is the goof ball who is saying people should have known Granger wouldn't be able to deliver all those Broncos. Why did people order from Granger??....cause Ford said orders would be filled in the order of reservation...then they changed that AFTER all those orders were placed. When a buyer gets a sheet that shows their price as MSRP and the dealer says..."sign here and we will order your Bronco"...do you not assume you just signed for the order and also the price reflected on the order sheet? You say we should assume that means nothing cause dealer didn't sign it also...though they presented it to you as an offer and required you to sign it to order up your Bronc...and to have no surprise or recourse when the Bronco shows up and dealer gives you the Mutombo and says...no...no...no...buyer...price is $20K over MSRP now...cause market says so.

For clarification...who is allowing dealers to do this by changing the rules again midstream such that there only has to be a 60% match between original reservation holder and final buyer....uh...that would be FORD. So these dealers know they can eff 39% of the original reservation holders with zero repercussions. Ford absolutely gave the world the impression this would be a process between buyer and Ford and dealer was just a mechanism to get your Bronco...then they switched all the rules to give dealers ability to screw us over. Eff you @Ford Motor Company

Ford Bronco Dealers WILL be held accountable by Ford for Bronco sales shenanigans 1640525401605

Last edited:

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Dealers WILL be held accountable by Ford for Bronco sales shenanigans 1640527846663

i see the typical suspects are back again running down good dealers and blaming everyone except Ford for the shenanigans. You couldnā€™t help yourselvesā€¦ you just had to on Christmas. F off, Stirring up crap on Christmas. Nice troll job.

Kbobs21

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Acura MDX tech
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What facts do you have to support this? My thinking is the builds are not EXACTLY the same. That's why the new one's are being built. It only takes one option not available such as paint protection currently to put you in the back of the line.
This is not the first rodeo for Ford. This is a 100+ year old company that built the model T, helped the us govā€™t during WW2, switched gears during a pandemic and built ventilators. I think the company can work with dealers to persuade them to install film, towing, and other options that can be shipped from the factory and installed by the dealers. This is not rocket science.

jinskeep

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 Raptor 2007 GT500 2020 GT500 2021 GT500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'll believe it when I see it. Watching what some of these dealers have done has totally turned me off to ever considering another Ford again.
IMO, I believe some of these horror stories are from dealers with an exit strategy in the near future.
Sponsored