First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I certainly don’t want an entitled twenty something who has no depth of experience with the Bronco beyond just getting hired by Ford telling me that the color choice is the cutting edge and will be all the rage. There is rage now.

Tan, black, cloth. Mr. Levine, do not forget who is buying theses vehicles, it’s not twenty somethings.
If some 'entitled' twenty something year old was able to get hired by FMC as a designer, more power to them; I would hope that they earned it or else I'd be questioning Ford's hiring practices.
Questioning someone's talent and worthiness based on age is rubbish.

Unless you have any market research to your second point, it's just your opinion.
According to this poll I made; 46% of buyers from this forum within a sample size of 387 are millennials, ranging from mid 20s to late 30s.

lol, true, most of them don’t even know how to drive
You must be super popular to know most 20 year olds, huh?

A pity you both can smear an entire generation so easily, give me a break.
Sponsored

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

sorry, but I'm not sure that black will hide much of anything. It'll show dirt, dust, scratches, scuffs. swirls, bird crap, bird crap residue, water marks, and, should you lay a coat of wax in it now and then, any extra wax stuck in seams. It's easily the least forgivable car color. Granted, it LOOKS amazing, and i've owned several black cars based solely on how great it can look, but choosing black for it's ability to hide anything (other than road tar, I guess) will lead to much disappointment. The carbon grey is a much better option.

Nate
I had a 2010 Escape in black that did well back in Ohio, including salt, snow, etc. But totally agree on Carbonized Gray. Shame that isn't an option for First Edition EITHER. :mad:

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If some 'entitled' twenty something year old was able to get hired by FMC as a designer, more power to them; I would hope that they earned it or else I'd be questioning Ford's hiring practices.

Unless you have any market research to your second point, it's just your opinion.
According to this poll I made; 46% of buyers from this forum within a sample size of 387 are millennials, ranging from mid 20s to late 30s.

You gotta chill out bro, it was a joke. With that said I do work with a bunch of them, and have for a few years, they’re co-ops and they turn over quite a lot. And more than half of them (I’m probably being generous here) don’t even have a drivers license. if you’re in a city like I am, transit is what they live for...and not only that, they don’t even have a desire to get a license or a car for that matter.

your poll was done on a Bronco forum lol, of course those individuals have a desire to drive, else they wouldn’t be here.

so before you speak up and start getting on your high-horse why not approach the situation a little better than to assume none of use socialize with people outside our age groups.

and you don’t even know my age, you don’t even know that I’m not one. Millennials span what, 20-25 years?

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
You gotta chill out bro, it was a joke. With that said I do work with a bunch of them, and have for a few years, they’re co-ops and they turn over quite a lot. And more than half of them (I’m probably being generous here) don’t even have a drivers license. if you’re in a city like I am, transit is what they live for...and not only that, they don’t even have a desire to get a license or a car for that matter.

your poll was done on a Bronco forum lol, of course those individuals have a desire to drive, else they wouldn’t be here.

so before you speak up and start getting on your high-horse why not approach the situation a little better than to assume none of use socialize with people outside our age groups.

and you don’t even know my age, you don’t even know that I’m not one. Millennials span what, 20-25 years?
I must've missed the joke. If you were just kidding, then why continue to broaden your brush based on the circle of millennials you're working with? A bit cheeky..
I acknowledged it was done on a Bronco forum. It's all in the same context because we're discussing Broncos..
The person stereotyping Gen Y is telling me I'm on a high horse and then goes on to tell me I'm being presumptuous - makes sense.
I don't care what your age is; it's irrelevant - get it?

Anyways, I wish fair luck to both of you in having Ford provide you with the interior you're hoping for with the First Edition.

I've said my piece so peace ✌

Last edited:

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I must've missed the joke! If you were just kidding, then why continue to broaden your brush based on the circle of millennials you're working with? A bit cheeky..
I acknowledged it was done on a Bronco forum. It's all in the same context because we're discussing Broncos..
The person stereotyping Gen Y is telling me I'm on a high horse and then goes on to tell me I'm being presumptuous - makes sense!
I don't care what your age is; it's irrelevant - get it?

I wish fair luck to both of you in having Ford provide you with the interior you're hoping for with the First Edition.

I've said my piece so peace ✌
Not that anyone on this thread cares about this but I “broadened my brush stroke” to emphasize that I have first hand knowledge of quite a few individuals who don’t drive who happen to be in the later years of millennials 1994+

And yes, it was supposed to be a light-hearted joke until you got all super sensitive that your “generation” was being attacked.

I don’t care if a 4 year old designed the Bronco (and I’m aware that’s not the case), the guy did a great job and it doesn’t matter what his age is.

I often wonder why people come here and try to start this kind of nonsense. It’s a forum for the Bronco, good fun and socialization with a common interest.

as I said before, relax, don’t take every comment so seriously man

Sponsored

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

As a 32 year old "Millennial," ya'll (fellow?) youngin's need to read the room. There's rarely hostility here. This is why older folks have so much difficulty talking to us because we're always on the defense. Acknowledge the generation gap and realize most remarks are just like your dad busting your balls in a lighthearted way. Sheesh.

rcamwilkes

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Yaris
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I certainly don’t want an entitled twenty something who has no depth of experience with the Bronco beyond just getting hired by Ford telling me that the color choice is the cutting edge and will be all the rage. There is rage now.

Tan, black, cloth. Mr. Levine, do not forget who is buying theses vehicles, it’s not twenty somethings.
lol, true, most of them don’t even know how to drive

As a 32 year old "Millennial," ya'll (fellow?) youngin's need to read the room. There's rarely hostility here. This is why older folks have so much difficulty talking to us because we're always on the defense. Acknowledge the generation gap and realize most remarks are just like your dad busting your balls in a lighthearted way. Sheesh.
Same man. 25 year old right here. This will be my first new ride and Ford. You need to start somewhere and this has to be one of the best options out there. Did not find offense and saw the humor in these posts because they are right. It takes times to learn. All of my mentors at my engineering firm are 20 or more years older than me. It helps to know their knowledge and wisdom.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Already then, getting back to thread title. Thoughts on Navy Pier interior.
After alot of consideration I'm having a really hard time stepping down to a Badlands or Wildtrak. I guess I'm one of those persons that needs the highest trim levels. With that being said I'll most likely stick with my FE reservation. New options for me 1) Hope and pray Ford gives us more interior choices. 2) Spend the money and get a custom interior through Katzkin. 3) Live with the Navy Blue interior with the hopes it looks better in person than pics.

rcamwilkes

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Yaris
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Already then, getting back to thread title. Thoughts on Navy Pier interior.
After alot of consideration I'm having a really hard time stepping down to a Badlands or Wildtrak. I guess I'm one of those persons that needs the highest trim levels. With that being said I'll most likely stick with my FE reservation. New options for me 1) Hope and pray Ford gives us more interior choices. 2) Spend the money and get a custom interior through Katzkin. 3) Live with the Navy Blue interior with the hopes it looks better in person than pics.
This is one hundred percent me right now. Word for word.

jmalinov

First Edition
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer, 2018 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Same. As a millennial ;) I guess I feel the need to feel special.

just kidding. But there is a certain allure to the FE that’s cool. Especially with 230,000+ reservations.

yesterday I thought I had made up my mind that I would downgrade to the wildtrak, but I think I’m in the same boat as u @vintage

Sponsored

TN Bronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Range Rover Sport SC, 2005 Mercedes G55
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This is one hundred percent me right now. Word for word.
Ditto. Except for replacing interior. Seats, doors, armrest, etc. Can’t imagine tearing apart a brand new interior.

Let’s get it back on topic of how to get at least one other factory interior option on the FE other than Navy Pier. Anything else! Please!

rcamwilkes

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Yaris
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ditto. Except for replacing interior. Seats, doors, armrest, etc. Can’t imagine tearing apart a brand new interior.

Let’s get it back on topic of how to get at least one other factory interior option on the FE other than Navy Pier. Anything else! Please!
Yes amen to this. Hope Ford is still listening and considering this. As said before this could separate them from the rest of the industry. If they are serious about taking feedback there is more than enough time to make this change before manufacturing begins.

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cloth in a 65k vehicle? Who wants that?

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Same word-for-word for my options. But I'm ALSO banking on Black or Carbonized Gray to be an exterior option. I don't LOVE the four color choices we have. But yes, also the idea of tearing out the entire car... Makes me shutter.

jmalinov

First Edition
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer, 2018 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Same word-for-word for my options. But I'm ALSO banking on Black or Carbonized Gray to be an exterior option. I don't LOVE the four color choices we have. But yes, also the idea of tearing out the entire car... Makes me shutter.
Matt, I want carbonized gray as well :(
Sponsored