Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wish Race Red was offered on the base model. Base is lacking decent colors IMO. Ford is really pushing people to upgrade trims with their choice of color pallet. Base trim Rangers, Mustangs, and even the Ecosport get access to Race Red! Ecosport but not the Bronco! Come on Ford!

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone found any pictures or video of the Race Red? I starting to lean towards this and Area 51. My kids love this red color and I’m recently thinking that the Bronco would look better in a bright/loud color. None of us like the Cyber School Bus or Kraft Yellow, whatever it’s called
I'm waiting to see it in real life or video on a Bronco. I had it on my GT convertible and it's such a nice color. It really is that Ferrari-type Rosso Corsa which means Race Red. The cops also loved it, though.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Race Red was a ton of fun to detail when a friend brought his BOSS in for the works. It has a lot of cherry orange to it in direct sunlight but gives a fantastic true red color the rest of the time.

It's a very soft color that needs mild paint correction more frequently than other colors from Ford.

You could probably get away with using "Final Finish 3000" by Menzerna as an annual paint correction if you're properly washing your car. It won't cut through paint, has amazing gloss and will give you the surface you want before applying a wax or sealant. (always clay bar before using a compound)

Ford Bronco Race Red thread. image

Ford Bronco Race Red thread. image-3

Ford Bronco Race Red thread. image-12
Menzerna Final Finish 3000

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like that it looks good with black or white trims... it’s an under appreciated color, which means there won’t be as many of them... definitely in my top three

tonyxit

Base
First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I want the base 2dr....really want race red to match my 2020 XL RCSB....but damn...$ 5k more to get it...BB has nothing I want....except race red.....rapid red will carry an upcharge....probably $ 400 to 600...no big deal.....but it ain't the right red !!.....damn.... what to do ?

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Rickster...I knew there was a reason why I read your posts. Great advice...thanks!
Thanks for the compliment! I don't know much.... But I do know a little about auto detailing. And drinking beer.

Had the pleasure of detailing this Saleen S7 in 2001 as a bit of a "final test" when learning detailing. Seen here at the 2001 American LeMans race at Portland International Raceway. Thankfully I found a career that wasn't in automotive detailing to pay the bills and still allowed me to detail a few cars a year for fun (such as the BOSS 302 above) and keep buying products for personal use.

Oh how I wish the Bronco came in this color! (never found out the name of this paint color). Rapid Red is a nice color as well, however, if you haven't owned a car with a tinted clear coat before, there are issues with it that a DIY type person will probably be best served avoiding the tri-coats unless you're happy to pay absolute top dollar and go through a few painters, finding one that can actually do a half way decent job color matching something that can't be color matched.

Ford Bronco Race Red thread. Saleen S7 1999

Hamhands

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Race red not available on base model, so lame....and FORD........your 100 million BLM secret came out yesterday.....?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If I can ask, what clay bar product would you use to prep Race Red for the Menzerna Final Finish?
That detail was done a few years back when I actually used clay. The new "clay" towels are massive improvements. You can get more than 50 uses out of one of these, they clean easy, they work faster than clay bar, they cover more area, don't get stuck under paint protection film, and if you drop it, just wipe it and keep working.

For use on your own cars, this towel will essentially last a lifetime and without worrying about clay drying out or the like. (assuming you don't have a fleet and are only using it once or twice a year)

Nanoskin clay towel - fine grade
Sponsored