Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Amazing I got (4) 37s, suspension, UCA, Traction Bar, Tie Rods, tools, etc in the back.

Pizza goes in front seat

IMG_7390.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where did you find the Bronco scrip with the Badlands in it ? I was looking and looking could not find that style. That looks really good.
https://archetyperacing.com/

Be patient…it takes a REALLY long time to get (October - April) but quality is supreme

scotman623

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy LT Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FOLLOWING and loving your build!!! I have been building mine since the day I picked it up.. March 31.. I come on this forum several times per day, always leave with new ideas and lots LESS money đź’°..

OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok…Big day is over. OME Heavy Lift is installed, BFG KM3 37s and Black Rhino Abrams installed, 4WP UCA & 4WP Rear Traction Bar installed. Went smooth and pretty much followed process outlined in Stage3Motorsports video except we did not need to drop the swaybar. We loosened, supported with ratchet strap, removed bolts and just pushed outta the way. Pretty easy. Got everything torqued and got to use my new $250 digital torque wrench……Well except for the rear lower shock bolts……HOLY CRAP…..350ftlb. This we got to 250 and then use 3ft breaker bar and went a bit more. What a monster bolt. Everything else was easy and process took 3 of us about 5hrs with pizza break.

OME suspension is AMAZING and rides awesome. Absorbs everything. 37s are so cool and big. Did a bunch of measuring but the most important measurement to me was roof height. Grew from 75.5” to 78”. Pretty much as I expected. I put 2 spacers in each front strut, gaining an additional .25” but I did not put spacers in the rear. Semi forgot and before doing second one, collectively decided to wait and see.

All in all was a great/successful day with friends and the Bronco turned out AMAZING.

Need to get JCR tailgate reinforce plate and 3rd brake light relocate on before I can mount new spare.

IMG_7394.jpeg

IMG_7413.jpeg

IMG_7412.jpeg

IMG_7411.jpeg

IMG_7408.jpeg

IMG_7406.jpeg

IMG_7404.jpeg

IMG_7402.jpeg

IMG_7401.jpeg

IMG_7396.jpeg

IMG_7395.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Redline hood struts installed. Super easy and great benefit

Ford Bronco 2023 Badlands Story IMG_3163

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some pics from our first warm/sunny day and drive down to get my AlphaRex headlights and Bronco aligned after lift. They said I did a pretty good job cuz alignment was pretty close.

I did have them finish off the torque of the rear lower shock bolts cuz all I could manage was torqued to 250ftlb with my digital torque wrench then more with a long bar and stop when my muscles said stop. I was probably 300ftlb as they only moved the bolt maybe 1/8 of a turn.

Ford Bronco 2023 Badlands Story IMG_7440

Ford Bronco 2023 Badlands Story IMG_7439

Ford Bronco 2023 Badlands Story IMG_7438

Ford Bronco 2023 Badlands Story IMG_7435

Ford Bronco 2023 Badlands Story IMG_7434

Ford Bronco 2023 Badlands Story IMG_7431

Ford Bronco 2023 Badlands Story IMG_7432

Ford Bronco 2023 Badlands Story IMG_7430

Ford Bronco 2023 Badlands Story IMG_7429

Ford Bronco 2023 Badlands Story IMG_7436

Last edited:
OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mod today:

AlphaRex headlights. Super easy install. Went with Braptor config and LOVE it. Can’t wait till I can drive at night to experience them.

IMG_8675.jpeg

IMG_8677.jpeg

IMG_7455.jpeg

IMG_7456.jpeg

OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mabett mudflaps a no-go. No pics to show but a quick test fit at full lock and not a chance it will work with 37s

scottfwalter

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond Sasquatch MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is Turtleback Trailers still in business?

OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RCI skids installed today. Well almost all of them. Tmrw is LCA and Rear Diff

Experience:
No instructions :( Not difficult but I did have to remove the middle panel cuz rear tucks under it. My lifting jack platform was super helpful. Each bolt goes into a little welded cavity and one of the inner cavity surfaces snapped off/broke. I went to Lowes and got a longer bolt, spacer for inside and large washers (shown in pic). Not super happy with it but it works. I think the welds were not quite good enough in that spot. The 2 bolts that go into nutplates in the frame seemed off a little in thread so instead of forcing them, I reused my stock bolts. The most rear bracket that ties the aft skid to the gas tank bolt was missing 2 carriage bolts/washers/nuts in the kit. Luckily I had some laying around and didn’t need another trip to Lowes. I think in the future I’d like to replace that broken panel. Maybe when I travel to RCI next summer. I really don’t want to take it all off again.

Not the best access to draining the oil. I woulda thought they’d put a nice size access panel, but it’s just a hole. I really think you’ll have to remove this skid and since it’s trapped, the aft ones as well to drain the oil. I think this design should change.

IMG_3181.jpeg

IMG_3182.jpeg

IMG_3183.jpeg

IMG_3186.jpeg

IMG_3187.jpeg

IMG_7490.jpeg

IMG_7492.jpeg

IMG_7491.jpeg

OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just installed RCI Rear Diff Skid…Pretty straight forward

IMG_3190.jpeg

OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RCI LCA skids installed

IMG_3191.jpeg

IMG_3192.jpeg

OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pinch weld covers installed. Slider ready to go in but tired for the day. Btw someone had posted a video talking about destroying the wire harness clips as you remove them but I used my new $10 proper clip removal tool and they all came out intact and should be fine to reuse.

The scariest moment momentarily was inserting the clip nut bracket into the frame in fear it would slide somewhere lost in the frame..I was very careful, had to actually flip it over but held onto it with a pick tool I bought as well. The right tools definitely help.

Love the sliders so far but tmrw will be install and tread, so I can’t wait for finished product. They ARE very nice quality and I am very impressed with RCI off-road so far.

Ford Bronco 2023 Badlands Story IMG_3196
Sponsored

Last edited: