Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Merc4x4 that might be a better solution than the stupid extension hitch I found.
Put it on upside down and not only will it protect your cargo and keep it dry, but if you ever roll on the trail you can just keep on truckin'

OP
OP
Snacktime

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Put it on upside down and not only will it protect your cargo and keep it dry, but if you ever roll on the trail you can just keep on truckin'
I guess the build plan is mosquito net, duck tape, a mattress and we got snacktime's roof top love shack.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've noticed a lot of the rtt are using t-slot railings as their support. I have an idea of modifying so that that fits inside the factory roof rack and lowers the overall height of the tent.

Just not sure if that'll be enough to fit it in my garage.

There is an overland trailer for sale at the seirra auto fair but even used it is $20k ... Can't believe how expensive those things are!

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess the build plan is mosquito net, duck tape, a mattress and we got snacktime's roof top love shack.
OK, you win. Spent far too much time on this abomination and didn't even add duck tape or a fancy "Snacktime's Love Shack" sign...

Hope it gives you some ideas for your build.
Ideas you shouldn't use.

Ford Bronco Snacktime's Broken Bronco Build snacktime-love-shack

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OK, you win. Spent far too much time on this abomination and didn't even add duck tape or a fancy "Snacktime's Love Shack" sign...

Hope it gives you some ideas for your build.
Ideas you shouldn't use.

Ford Bronco Snacktime's Broken Bronco Build snacktime-love-shack
That's a winner. Better patent that before someone else does.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My cousin already has a patent. Do you think there is enough intellectual proprietary ideas to sustain a second patent?

Ford Bronco Snacktime's Broken Bronco Build KF5btsr249VNTIA-kCL8wLVNAYgiTcWWYCi9YwgaQlw
That looks pretty cash money tbh
Got dry storage, plenty of room for bulky items, a good bit of elevation stands between you and coked up bears, and it looks like it even has a nice deck for some lawn chairs. And you're still able to tow a boat or whatever.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Snacktime

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Some odds and ends came in, got my $100 curt trailer plug, $10 25ft wiring harness for the trailer and $25 12" extension hitch.

Need to fix a few things, thing about pushing the axle back as it is to far forward for balance and need to lengthen the tongue a bit. Wanted to see how everything lined up before cutting into things.

PXL_20230517_013203602.jpg

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That thing would look sweet with the same size tires as your Bronco

OP
OP
Snacktime

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Tex That was the plan originally, a full offroad trailer to drag around. This is the plan B, buy a trailer, throw camping gear on and see if it is worth the time to build a trailer. I figure I would just throw just enough money at this thing to be 100% usable and see if I can justify an upgrade latter. Its summer here and I have 2 big camping trips planned with maybe a weekend of free time in-between so plan B was approved.

This trailer has a 2" square tubing axle so 2000lb rating, damn 33s would snap the spindle right off.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Tex That was the plan originally, a full offroad trailer to drag around. This is the plan B, buy a trailer, throw camping gear on and see if it is worth the time to build a trailer. I figure I would just throw just enough money at this thing to be 100% usable and see if I can justify an upgrade latter. Its summer here and I have 2 big camping trips planned with maybe a weekend of free time in-between so plan B was approved.

This trailer has a 2" square tubing axle so 2000lb rating, damn 33s would snap the spindle right off.
Trailers can make a world of difference camping, even if it's a small one. I have a M100 Jeep trailer with a RTT that I got super cheap with the same idea. It comes along when I'll be staying more than two nights and it's not inconvenient to make a base camp of sorts with it. If it's just for one night, or in different places, I pack light and keep everything in the Bronco. I'd like to match tires with it but that'll involve a major re-work of several components, and I don't want to do that until I settle on a tire size for the Bronco.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just attempted to drill the lower shock mounts 2" higher on mine, and there was no way on earth my right angle drill or unibit was going to get that outside plate drilled. It appears that I'll have to buy a 13/16" drill and just go straight through from the inside plate. Did you take off the brakes and whatnot when you drilled yours? I couldn't see that helping much at all but thought I'd ask before I tore even further into it like an idiot lol
Sponsored